Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 47

Author Topic: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"  (Read 87689 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"
« Reply #510 on: May 25, 2013, 10:11:02 pm »

I've used spire rams. 30 MK1 rams took down a MK2 or MK3 fort under a shield while under fire by MK4-5 ships and such and the fort, and had about 13 to spare. They just ignored the shield entirely, so they've got that going for them.

Martyrs are amazing fleetbusters. Not only can you use them to drag everything through a jump, but suicidally? MK2 Martyrs can kill MK5s at full health. They're simply amazing, though not long lasting.

Edit: Holy shit Frumple, even you were wrong. The ships barely even take a single second from system to system. Good god, jumpships are overpowered.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 10:29:03 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 01, 2013, 02:04:05 pm »

I learned the terrifying force of... Neinzul younglings. Basically, I was sending my fleet through an AI planet clearing out the ships and guard posts. There was a single post left: A cluster, I think. My fleet destroys it in about a second but they were on the wrong side, namely they were on the side opposite the warp gate. Cue two-hundred younglings immediately jumping into friendly space.

I also learned a problem with my defenses. Most of my defenses are centered on the command posts which are out of the way of the warp gates. This let the little bastards fly deeper into my territory and cause more damage. Since I had sent my entire fleet to destroy that system, there weren't any ships left to resist them. They flew from system to system destroying the command posts and only that. I actually started spamming mercenary fighters in my home system to intercept, which is likely the only thing that kept me from losing the game. The ships just kept multiplying. I lost probably five command posts to them, which is pretty ridiculous. This is the kind of catastrophic failure I haven't had since Dwarf Fortress. :P

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 01, 2013, 04:56:16 pm »

I also learned a problem with my defenses. Most of my defenses are centered on the command posts which are out of the way of the warp gates.

That is almost NEVER a good idea.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 01, 2013, 05:41:30 pm »

I also learned a problem with my defenses. Most of my defenses are centered on the command posts which are out of the way of the warp gates.

That is almost NEVER a good idea.
I'm aware of that now. I'm currently gutting my defenses and refocusing my turrets on barricading warp gates. While that goes on, I also sent out scouts to search for valuable things. I found one system that's only Mark II but is loaded with good stuff. One ARS, one broken armored golem, and a core shield generator for the A network. However, it has a gravity drill on it which sits conveniently behind a fortress and also has a parasite eye on it.

Another issue is the Mark IV system between my border and it which has 500 enemy ships waiting to chew up and spit out my fleet. Further stacking the deck, that Mark IV system has an armor booster and a command center shield generator right next to each other. On the other side of the awesome system, there's a really weird planet that has a few Mark V things, about 80 Mark II ships, and about 2000 Mark I ships which are all piled onto a single wormhole for seemingly no reason. These planets are going to be a horrendous massacre on both sides and it will be glorious.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 05, 2013, 05:53:55 pm »

Guys! (and/or girls, whoever watches this thread) Vengeance preorders are coming up in a few days (along with a special announcement of some kind apparently). Details here.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 17, 2013, 12:56:55 pm »

Vengeance's official release is coming up very soon (x4000 says today) for those of us who didn't play around in the beta, just so you all know.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 17, 2013, 12:59:54 pm »

Vengeance's official release is coming up very soon (x4000 says today) for those of us who didn't play around in the beta, just so you all know.
The patch version of 7.0 is already released.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 17, 2013, 01:11:42 pm »

Yes but, at least according to Steam, Vengeance itself is not out yet.

Edit: Vengeance is out on Steam now, 10% off! And pretty much everything else is going cheap for now!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 05:45:04 pm by Tarran »

generalpie

• Bay Watcher
  • Um, Well, You know...
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 18, 2013, 12:04:39 am »

5 Bucks for the entire pack.
I wanna buy it but I also dont want my hopes and dreams crushed by a ruthlessly efficient AI that will stop at nothing short of crushing me and sending me into a 3 month long depression as I realize, I would never make Fleet Commander because of my inability to save humanity from a massive fleet of robots.
Fuck it, im buying it.(When I get the money)
Wise Words ; Pride is Good. Until it is bad. Then it is bad.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 18, 2013, 12:06:35 am »

Hey, don't worry too much, you have the ability to severely, SEVERELY nerf the AI if it's too much for you, or boost yourself quite a bit.

generalpie

• Bay Watcher
  • Um, Well, You know...
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 18, 2013, 12:17:10 am »

Hey, don't worry too much, you have the ability to severely, SEVERELY nerf the AI if it's too much for you, or boost yourself quite a bit.
Well, there's an 8 hour tutorial to teach me how to get my ass kicked, but at least after the 8 hours, i'll know how to do it in style
Wise Words ; Pride is Good. Until it is bad. Then it is bad.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 18, 2013, 08:33:34 am »

[Do not have this new expansion]
I'm almost in my way to winning a game.  I'm ~8 hours in (gametime) have 109 AIP and I have a direct path to both homeworlds.  My first attempted assault did not go as planned, because Superfortress.

Once I blow those up--which may take a while--I can say "Artillery Golem: EXTERMINATE." and it will start lobbing 100 million damage shots at things.  Against a Mk4 world it ate a Mk5 FF (all the way dead) + Mk3 FF (mostly dead) + Mk3 Fortress in 6 shots.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 18, 2013, 08:49:21 am »

*vague cough* Just... make sure the stuff you're shooting at isn't immune to artillery shots.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 18, 2013, 09:09:55 am »

*vague cough* Just... make sure the stuff you're shooting at isn't immune to artillery shots.

This is true.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 26, 2013, 10:02:06 am »

v8.0 Priorities poll is active until the 29th, for those interested.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 47