Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 47

Author Topic: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"  (Read 87703 times)

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
Re: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"
« Reply #480 on: April 22, 2013, 04:24:16 pm »

We've got a thread for organizing matches which now includes an editable spreadsheet so people can see each other's availabilities at a quick glance.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125069.0
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #481 on: April 22, 2013, 08:55:43 pm »

I've posted my availability on it :)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 22, 2013, 05:25:17 pm »

Downloaded the demo for this game and I'm liking it so far. I spent about thirty minutes totally lost because I had no idea why my scouts kept exploding after a warp. Took me a while to notice the tachyon defenses right by the warp gates in every single system.

Also, one of the AI-held systems right next door to my home has mark IV ships in it. Is that normal?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 22, 2013, 09:27:57 pm »

Downloaded the demo for this game and I'm liking it so far. I spent about thirty minutes totally lost because I had no idea why my scouts kept exploding after a warp. Took me a while to notice the tachyon defenses right by the warp gates in every single system.

Also, one of the AI-held systems right next door to my home has mark IV ships in it. Is that normal?
It can happen.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 22, 2013, 10:34:15 pm »

I've repeatedly requested that those things are less common, in favor of other types of anti-cloaking that the AI can use more intelligently.

Not common, but I'd say one game in two will see *a* Mark 4 adjacent to your homeworld.  Beat it up early before it gets a chance to reinforce.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 23, 2013, 12:33:31 am »

One map I generated had two next to my home planet, and the other route from my home planet had another one blocking the only path after just a single lower mark planet. Didn't continue that one.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 23, 2013, 12:34:44 pm »

I took another look at that Mark IV system. It has a counterattack guard post, a pile of MLRS posts (all Mark IV, of course), and a D-network core shield generator... I get a really bad feeling about attacking this system.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 23, 2013, 12:45:16 pm »

I took another look at that Mark IV system. It has a counterattack guard post, a pile of MLRS posts (all Mark IV, of course), and a D-network core shield generator... I get a really bad feeling about attacking this system.

It'll only get worse.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 23, 2013, 01:46:54 pm »

Fortify up the home system a bit, grab a full cap of mk 1 raid starships, go blow up the MK IV's command station. Hit/run (or throw a bomber ball at) the invincibility granting stuff beforehand. Shouldn't have too much trouble making fairly short work of a couple MK IVs, especially before AIP starts ramping up.

Well... on difficulty 7 or lower, anyway. Not sure about above that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 23, 2013, 07:24:32 pm »

Fortify up the home system a bit, grab a full cap of mk 1 raid starships, go blow up the MK IV's command station. Hit/run (or throw a bomber ball at) the invincibility granting stuff beforehand. Shouldn't have too much trouble making fairly short work of a couple MK IVs, especially before AIP starts ramping up.

Well... on difficulty 7 or lower, anyway. Not sure about above that.
This worked well. Flattened everything in the system at the cost of a small group of fighters and bombers.

At this point, I own seven systems with an AIP of 150, and just got attacked by 400 raiders. My trial's up, too. This game is pretty awesome!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 24, 2013, 09:14:17 am »

If I said 'Dire Guardians', what would you guys think?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 24, 2013, 09:20:19 am »

If I said 'Dire Guardians', what would you guys think?
"Bone spikes. Bone spikes everywhere."

Also do we get to cast /dire regression/ on our stuff?

Though actually looking again at what dire apparently does thematically, I think I might not be worried. Primitive regression might bulk up a critter, but I imagine it wouldn't help a high tech piece of doomchinery. Regress back a few tech levels, suuuure. Be frumple's guest.
Ask not!
Ask!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 24, 2013, 09:24:52 am »

Dunno. But I saw them in the F1 giant pile 'o ships and stuffs, and I have the expansion 5 alpha, so they look like a thing. A thing more inline with the 'dire wolf is a bigger problem than normal wolf' sort of dire.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 24, 2013, 02:36:15 pm »

Ships in a tractor lock go through wormholes with the tractor? I had a bunch of riot control ships camping the enemy's side of a warp gate (as a distraction, mostly. Lots of fighters and bombers all over the system) while my raid starships blew up the guard posts keeping an Ion Eye online. When my raid starships were low on health, I jumped back out. About fifty ships were surrounding the warp gate in a tractor lock thanks to my riot control fleet and they came through with me when I warped out. They warped out at the exact same time.

If this is true, the thought of jacking a bunch of ships with a giant parasite ambush is hilarious and awesome.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 24, 2013, 02:42:08 pm »

Yeeup. Tractor'd units travel with the tractoring ships when they warp.

They AI actually can exploit this, from time to time. You can have some fun with stuff like martyrs, ha.

I'm not 100% sure it's all tractor beams, though. I think I remember a black widow's tractor'd stuff not going back with it, hrm.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 47