Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 47

Author Topic: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"  (Read 87782 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Re: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"
« Reply #240 on: November 02, 2010, 09:17:59 am »

So me, Hugehead, and Ozymandias started up a game last night. Pretty damn fun.

So far, anti-armor ships are amazingly fun. They rip apart any AI fortresses with ease, and from a large enough range that other ships can't hit em.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 02, 2010, 10:27:05 am »

So far, anti-armor ships are amazingly fun. They rip apart any AI fortresses with ease, and from a large enough range that other ships can't hit em.

Bombers also eat fortresses. :P

By the way, I found out this morning that The Spire of Light will be available very soon (perhaps tomorrow).

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 02, 2010, 10:44:39 am »

spire of light? another expasion? The only expansion I have right now is Zenith Remnant.

Oh boy..

Also, in the game, Int, Head, and I are in, I've got the raider ship planet, apparently, though I don't know what I should be using them on...

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 02, 2010, 10:45:17 am »

spire of light? another expasion? The only expansion I have right now is Zenith Remnant.

There's also the Children of Neinzul, which is a micro-expansion for charity.  It's so-so IMO.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 02, 2010, 10:47:24 am »

There's also the Children of Neinzul, which is a micro-expansion for charity.  It's so-so IMO.

I know, but I don't have that.

mrchinchin25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 02, 2010, 12:43:21 pm »

I re-installed this last night, gave it a quick blast. Pushed my way through a couple of systems and made a rookie mistake of not having a good enough defense before waking up (ie. pissing off) the AI... very quickly got steamrollered and dead.
It was the Bully AI I think

Time for another go!

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 02, 2010, 12:52:44 pm »

At least you're not losing to 3 vampire claws only 10 minutes into the game. :P

mattyb3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 02, 2010, 05:30:13 pm »

i'm a bit confused about how to join a multiplayer game.. all it seems to do is search for games on the local network (my lan, i assume?) I can't find a setting for it to search for internet games or what have you.
I supose if a dwarf is unhappy or hurt they might have a miscarriage. Perhaps we could experiment a bit.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 02, 2010, 06:51:59 pm »

i'm a bit confused about how to join a multiplayer game.. all it seems to do is search for games on the local network (my lan, i assume?) I can't find a setting for it to search for internet games or what have you.

There is no classical "search for internet games" lobby.  It's not like TF2 or L4D, its more like Age of Empires.

Either you do a LAN game or you direct connect.  Or you can join the Arcen Games IRC chat to find someone to play with (and then direct connect).

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 02, 2010, 06:54:19 pm »

Come into the Steam DFC chat room, we've been playing a bit and you can join us. :)
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 02, 2010, 07:41:40 pm »

Better yet: get your friends to buy the game and play with them. ;D

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #251 on: November 02, 2010, 08:07:09 pm »

Bombers also eat fortresses. :P

By the way, I found out this morning that The Spire of Light will be available very soon (perhaps tomorrow).
Whaaaat. I JUST bought the two expansions around three days ago. Whatever, as long as it's not too expensive I'll get it anyway.

Also, difficulty 5 is ridiculously easy. I started on it because I'm around average on RTS games, but seriously, I use FRD on every enemy planet I come across. I got the Zenith Descendant and the Shield Ninny AIs (random). The only ships available to the Zenith are bombard ships, which get ripped to shreds by bombers. Though the ninny is annoying (armor boosters make things take forever to kill). I'm tempted to just abandon this ridiculously easy campaign and jump right in to 7. I'm going to have to get into the multiplayer aspects eventually though, because singleplayer will probably get boring after a while.

I really like how well it runs on Wine though. Zero issues with it, except that I can't run it through Steam, but I don't really care. I would rather not run stuff through Steam anyway. Tying too much into one company. But those sales, games are so cheap. I got BioShock for five dollars.

Anyway, AI War is fun. Love how there's no clickfest stuff going on. Number one reason why I don't play Starcraft and such. I like grand strategy more than clicking. Seems like the game could be a lot more intense at higher difficulties, but probably not enough to turn it into a clickfest.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 02, 2010, 08:21:13 pm »

They actually switched to Unity so it shouldn't even need Wine to run it I don't think.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #253 on: November 02, 2010, 08:28:53 pm »

They actually switched to Unity so it shouldn't even need Wine to run it I don't think.
Unity doesn't support Linux yet. Funnily enough, it supports Android, which is an adapted form of the Linux kernel, but not Linux itself. It really wouldn't be all that hard to convert it. Mostly a case of demand though, as it always is with Linux. Valve might be coming out with a Linux version of Steam (and therefore the Source games) though, which would be a huge leap for Linux support.

The key word here is YET though. It's always the case with Linux... (Link somewhat related, kind of reversed)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 02, 2010, 08:40:11 pm »

Whaaaat. I JUST bought the two expansions around three days ago. Whatever, as long as it's not too expensive I'll get it anyway.

It's a full fledged expansion.  It's not going to be official until December though.

Also, difficulty 5 is ridiculously easy.

Duh.
And just for reference, I've been playing on 7 or higher since I got the game.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 47