Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 47

Author Topic: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"  (Read 87748 times)

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"
« Reply #420 on: April 13, 2013, 06:05:39 pm »

Game was great, thanks again for hosting Ygdrad.
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 13, 2013, 06:06:47 pm »

Probably at least partially (possibly largely) my fault, depending on if the slowdown was processing (definitely my bad) or connection (probably not, for once) caused. Did kinda' warn my comp can barely manage it >_>

But yeah, was fun in a meander-y no-clue-what's-happening way. Plus the, what, ten or fifteen thousand AI ships that got swatted down over the course of it.

... and the renaming, of course.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 13, 2013, 06:12:17 pm »

I've started a thread in the sub-board where we can get together without having as many posts to filter. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125069.0
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 13, 2013, 06:13:53 pm »

If it slows down, lower the performance profile. If its still slow, you need less ai ships on your screen :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 13, 2013, 06:15:41 pm »

If it slows down, lower the performance profile. If its still slow, you need less ai ships on your screen :P

we had it on the lowest possible and we still got 75% speed at best :P we dropped to maybe 5-20% speed when we had our 3k ships vs 4k+ ai ship wars in the middle of hundreds of exploding mines and pewpewing turrets.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 14, 2013, 05:13:13 am »

Is dyson sphere always that OP? I just had to kamikaze ai command there and never to worry about defense again because of 20-30 gatlings in each of my systems.
On the other hand there is that "medium" ai called spireling. It just randomed 2 of them for my first game since a long time - never remembered this game beeing so hard.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 14, 2013, 08:07:29 am »

If you activate hybrids (or advanced hybrids, not sure which), then things can get quite a bit more difficult with the dyson sphere active.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 14, 2013, 05:34:58 pm »

So, uh. Spire blade spawners? Are... ridiculous? Maybe?

I just had a ten pack of them (Mark 3 & 4, though it could have been done with 2 & 3... or even just one mark's cap alone, I imagine, though it would have took longer. Mark 1 was out due to ion cannon , heh.) basically solo, so to speak, a mark four AI system (level... 6? Difficulty, I think.). There were some spire frigates running interference, but... it could have been done pretty easily without them.

The big thing is that they're like mobile million+ HP sniper turrets with limited close combat capability... and a much, much bigger punch. 50k/mark at not-infinite-but-might-as-well-be range and pretty decent rate of fire. Critters swatted down guard posts and whatnot on the opposite side of the system while idling out in the yellow band. S'crazy. Goes through shields (and is unaffected by the spawner being under a shield, as near as I can tell.), basically infinite armor pen, moves faster than almost any projectile in the game... sure, the blades can technically be shot down (and spire maws love to eat them, which is somewhat amusing), but in practice nothing can kill them fast enough to matter unless it's at the very extreme range of the blade's lifetime. And the spawners themselves have a bit of a kick to them, as well as being decently quick and pretty tough.

I guess I'm just saying I love these little guys and they're the most awesome of awesome things.
Ask not!
Ask!

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 14, 2013, 05:46:24 pm »

Got a fabricator of them somewhere on the map. Mark 5 must be horrific, but at this point i can win it with hive/cursed golem combo using spire frigates for heavy hitting.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 14, 2013, 06:54:07 pm »

250k/spawner at 2 mil range, heh. 1.25 million damage applied randomly to pretty much anything in a system, constantly. It'd be pretty brutal. Plus the spawners themselves aren't exactly unimpressive. E: Or, to put it another way, full cap of mark IV and V would just about match damage with an armored golem... except they'd be able to hit anywhere in a system. S'nice stuff.

Just had a fun thing happen, though. Or... amusing, anyway. Sorta'. Mining golem. Decided to go visit a system that had a AI Co-Processor... and a black hole machine. I was like... really? Either leave it be and get 20 AIP, or blow up the black hole machine to get whatever's in there out afterwards and get half that. Or leave whatever went in to die, but... it takes a lot to drop a mining golem.

... so yeah, I said bugger it and sent in the armored golem I had laying around. I'll take the 10 AIP :-\ Nice dick move by the RNG, though. Kinda' admirable.

This map's actually very close to th'point I could fully reverse passive AIP progression, but... ehn. Need to grab two more spire civ thingies, I think. Problem being that doing so will nudge me over the tech two line. Decisions, decisions...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 06:57:38 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 14, 2013, 07:09:28 pm »

Don't forget that you lose 120 AIP once you kill all of the co-processors, and playing Fallen Spire (exo-waves aside) has plenty of firepower onhand to help that along faster, as long as you have the energy and spire cities to do so.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 14, 2013, 07:23:02 pm »

Zenith power station ;D

I gots the energy. Less so the resources, though. I've been kinda' starving, most extraction points outside of the home systems (mine and AI) has been 4/4. And that was only in one system :-\

Well, that and I've been half-way stalling at the point just after setting up the initial refuge thingy. Probably should get around to fixing that, but... eh.

Also I still need to find the forth co-processor. There's still a few systems I've been having trouble getting scouts into. Probably be fine with some better scout ships, but... been putting knowledge into other things. Or using transports to get them through a few of the nastier systems or somethin'. Mostly I've just been kinda' ignoring the couple left that throwing scout swarms at wasn't working, heh.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 07:24:34 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 14, 2013, 07:25:36 pm »

If you can't throw scouts in it, theres a tachyon problem. Sneak in and punchout the tachyon guardian if it isn't too far away ;)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 14, 2013, 07:36:42 pm »

Yeah... I just used the armored golem to "scout" a couple of systems past one of the data centers I just now got around to noticing. Well, that and provide a distraction for the raid starships I used to blow it up. I'll probably "scout" a few more systems once it finishes repairing after pretty thoroughly "scouting" three or four systems in a row. S'not too much trouble to knock over the tach guards while the golem's, ah. Knocking over the whole system :P

Golems make the best scouts.

E: Also fribbly hell I've got 14 allied neinzul enclave ships loitering in my home system. Do these buggers ever screw off or do they just kinda' wander around your joint helping out, forever?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 07:44:41 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 14, 2013, 10:13:25 pm »

They stay around until they die. IIRC there are a couple of commands you can give them (via chat) to make them attack enemy systems too (with the normal thing where they won't kill anything that increases AIP).
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 47