Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My dwarves are fed up of Felsite!  (Read 691 times)

kochanneo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My dwarves are fed up of Felsite!
« on: August 28, 2009, 02:43:33 pm »

I have a massive stockpile of it from when I mined out the back of my dining room, and they're just refusing to touch it. It's not forbidden, it's enabled in the stones list, they're just refusing to haul or build anything of it. It doesn't matter where in the fort I try and use it. I designated a stone stockpile next to it, and they filtered out all the ores and left the felsite where it is. They'll happily build out of any other rocks I ask, just not that one.

Only thing I can think of, is this is around the third time I've reclaimed this fortress. (I'm absolute rubbish :p) and it's gotten bugged somewhere.

When I try and build a floor or anything it just doesn't appear in the list.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think my version is 40d11, using maygreens graphics and the dig deeper mod.

Edit : Huh, they'll use the felsite that's sitting forbidden in the basement, if I unforbid it, just not that lot in the dining room. Could it be cause I had a lot of construction jobs before I had to reclaim, and it still thinks they're designated for it, despite the fact it's long cancelled?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 02:52:17 pm by kochanneo »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: My dwarves are fed up of Felsite!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 02:56:45 pm »

Yes, that is a known problem with reclaims. If an item is designated for use before you abandon, it'll still be designated when you reclaim. Sadly, there really isn't anything you can do with those.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

kochanneo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 02:59:55 pm »

Ah well, time to start fresh then. Thanks for the help.

Cavalcadeofcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 10:19:23 am »

I've heard that channeling under reclaim-bugged items can help, in some situations.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 11:09:22 am »

If you can force the item to move, then the connection between it and the task it's assigned to will be broken and it will become available for use or dumping. The easiest method here is to just channel under the item; you can also try using water to shove it around. I suppose it might be possible that revisiting the site as an adventurer would work?
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 01:25:07 pm »

If you can force the item to move, then the connection between it and the task it's assigned to will be broken and it will become available for use or dumping. The easiest method here is to just channel under the item; you can also try using water to shove it around. I suppose it might be possible that revisiting the site as an adventurer would work?

Visting the site and moving the items around manually?  That's an interesting idea for situations where there are a small number of particularly troublesome items.