Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: A 40d Boatmurdered  (Read 4693 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A 40d Boatmurdered
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 05:14:10 am »

Special in every way the word imply's.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 06:07:55 am »

I understand the problems that a new boatmurdered would cause, and i'm not talking about trying to re-create absolutely everything the same. I just want to bring together a bunch of our freaky, crudely hilarious, witty internet personalities to manage a fortress together, annually, so that we can all scream at having our beautifully planned bedrooms turned into Magma Pits of Death.

What would be even funnier, is if somebody started a megaproject, and didn't write anything (but cryptic obscure references) to what it is, and it would change from user to user, much like chinese whispers (no direct racism intended), and then we'd all gather together what everyone thought it was. And by funny, i mean not boring.

Looking over the previous paragraph, it may be difficult to understand, but hey, those who got it know what I mean. There's got to be someone out there L33T enough to stand in StarkRavingMad's shadow, and we're internet rugrats, so we all already assume that we are.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 06:09:13 am »

Actually, I do think that Sparkgear is very reminiscent of Boatmurdered, if you want to capture the general feel of the place.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 06:14:36 am »

Looking over the previous paragraph, it may be difficult to understand, but hey, those who got it know what I mean. There's got to be someone out there L33T enough to stand in StarkRavingMad's shadow, and we're internet rugrats, so we all already assume that we are.

StarkRavingMad was intense. Intensely intense.

If we really want to do Boatmurdered in 40d (let's think of it as the last hurrah before the new version), we'd have to beat Headshoots (also from Something Awful) in terms of HSQ.

We'd need a clash of personalites, tons of RAEG, poorly built megaconstructions, and players who don't know what the hell they're doing.

Also: magma.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 12:15:07 am »

... I've currently got a world, together with a running log of events, much like the threads on boatmurdered, that a friend and I have started. We could continue running it. Ahem, so far it has:
River
Magma pool
Magma pipe
Chasm
Underground river

Troglodytes, Giant Bats, Cave Crocodiles, Olmmen, Lizardmen, antmen, snakemen, frogmen, gremlins and fire imps, a population of 35, and ten deceased already.

Welcome to fucking racebell.
Anyone interested?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 12:20:51 am »

I'm game.

I haven't played a succession game yet, so this should be funny.

(also, will the players follow the convention of naming one of the dwarves after themselves?)
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 12:32:48 am »

Well we are. Should we continue it?

And yes... *Tear* No elephants.

Question is, where do we put the logs? So far we've just got a word document...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 01:59:48 am »

Sod it, for all my whining, I'm in too.

Let's move this to Community Games and Stories.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 02:18:51 am »

Yup. That's the place for it.

(also you should get a robust player list up first.)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 02:20:54 am »

Ok. For the publicity, caused by the amount of people who only read and submit in suggestions forums... myself included, we'll keep this thread here and I'll post a new thread in community games.

Here's the thread: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41257.0

Post here, or there, or PM if you're interested.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 02:38:43 am by Tack »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 09:59:59 am »

Actually not all of Boatmurdered was well, even tollerable. Though it is one of those things where you ignore the garbage to get straight to the gold hidden inside (So I am not saying Boat Murdered was horrible, but I had to read for a bit to learn what the fuss was about)

Anyhow you cannot recreate Boatmurdered because most of the enjoyment gained from it was from the fact that a lot of the responses and conclusions were genuin.

uttaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The living will envy the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 10:18:05 am »

... I've currently got a world, together with a running log of events, much like the threads on boatmurdered, that a friend and I have started. We could continue running it. Ahem, so far it has:
River
Magma pool
Magma pipe
Chasm
Underground river

Troglodytes, Giant Bats, Cave Crocodiles, Olmmen, Lizardmen, antmen, snakemen, frogmen, gremlins and fire imps, a population of 35, and ten deceased already.

Welcome to fucking racebell.
Anyone interested?

me, me, oh god please pick me!

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 10:23:57 am »

Check the Community Games and Stories thread  ;D

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 04:25:41 pm »

Neo... must you ruin everything great? Although the starting few were dull, in their terms of awesomeness, they were dull in comparison to StarkRavingMad, who is now more famous in the DF community that Leeroy Jenkins in WOW (Note, I hate wow, sorry). However, it was a great storyline, with everything happening beautifully. However for every thousand to bask in the majesty of something, some asshole has to try and produce a copy.

I'm that asshole.

Actually... until I made the thread in community games and discussion, I didn't realise that succession games were so common. I feel so n00b.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 05:00:12 pm by Tack »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 06:07:02 pm »

Wow, seriously?
Pages: 1 [2] 3