Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: generating the world again after playing it  (Read 480 times)

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
generating the world again after playing it
« on: August 28, 2009, 02:49:35 am »

Imagine what could happen.

Like in adventurer mode lets say you first gen a world in demonic age and the year is 50.You play in it and retire you're adventurer.Now you retire him and continue generating the world from there so you can continue playing with the adventurer or make another adventurer say at the year 100.This gives a whole new level in legendary mode and also after you emptied the original world and after regenning you can return from retirement and do some more awesome stuff.

In dwarf fortress mode you could later come back to youre fortress(thats still being run) or reclaim it a couple hundret years later.

I'm also sorry about my English.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

wilsonns

• Bay Watcher
  • Golden hair?Green eyes?Spiky beard?Super Dorf Jin!
    • View Profile
Re: generating the world again after playing it
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 11:08:10 am »

Nice idea!
if I understand, you're saying about advancing years, and playing in other ages.
with this you can play with an old adventurer using a walking stick

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 05:47:32 am »

yep,thats the idea,play later and advance in ages
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 06:04:00 am »

It will require a better AI to continue the world generation after starting a fort, but in the adventurer mode it could work. Once adventurer jobs are implemented, maybe the retired adventurer could start working, and fifty years later, after a long career of miller at the local village, you'll take your dusty sword and say "It's time to do it AGAIN" and return fighting in the wilderness.

Many interesting scenarios can happen, and I'm quite sure some Power Goals featured that kind of things.