Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stockpiles growth  (Read 739 times)

karnot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stockpiles growth
« on: August 25, 2006, 08:05:00 am »

Basically, if i create a stockpile, and then another of the same type directly touching the first one - they should be merged under one number, not several.

The thing is, having a big stockpile made of several smaller ones you tend to forget there are in fact several of them, and when, for example, you set to haul stuff from one stockpile to another - you will have to mark each of those smaller ones, which is a big bother. Or delete all smaller and create one big, but its also a bother.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stockpiles growth
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 11:12:00 am »

Mmm, that's a pain, but sometimes I want the other kind of behavior - like if I want a couple specific things from one stockpile moved somewhere, I clear then designate a new tiny stockpile under them, then use that "get from other stockpile" to have them moved where I want them.

It would be kind of handy to have it selectable if you want to merge though.

imsabbel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 11:31:00 am »

How  about just asking?

When setting a stockpile to the same type as its neighbour: "do you want to merge stockpiles  (y/N)?"

Quiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 03:57:00 pm »

If it is rectangular you can just drag out one big stockpile over all the little stockpiles.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 05:20:00 pm »

That actually doesn't work currently--the old stockpiles remain in place, overriding the new one.  And it wouldn't be a perfect solution in any case, since any orders you'd given regarding the old stockpile would be lost.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One