Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Stars! PBE  (Read 18482 times)

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
Stars! PBE
« on: August 27, 2009, 12:23:22 pm »

Well, I guess the title says it all. For more info on Stars!: this.

Turn limit shall start at 48h

Host for this game is Serefan, email will follow, you can either email or upload your turn file ('Gamename.x#' where # is your player number).

At the start of the game, everyone will receive the files he needs via Serefan, just paste these into your Stars! folder.

Everyone who wishes to participate should perform any 4 of the following 5 actions:

- Post your own race, protected with password, or send it to the host, also protected with password. The race, that is, not the file.
- Vote for any number of options as stated below.
- Send a blank bearer cheque to an anonymous adress in Europe which will be specified to you by PM, if you choose this option.
- Make sure you own a full version of Stars! 2.6 or 2.7.
- Post here and say hi.

Spoiler: options (click to show/hide)

Players:
- Me (Duh)
- Serefan
- Zorgn
- Rysith
- Il Palazzo
- I Hate Outside
- Shades
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 09:41:48 am by EagleV »
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Serefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stars! PBE
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 02:08:32 pm »

Myes, hosting it is. Email is in my profile. Hope people are interested here. :D

For the turn limit, I'll email the new turns as soon as I've received everyone's turn, and before entering this make sure you are able to answer with your completed turn within 48 hours, preferably 24 hours, more preferably within 15 minutes. ;D

As said, first send your races, next I'll send you every file you need, this is the galaxy file with .xy, and your personal turn file, with .mN (with N the player number).

From then on, every turn, only thing I need to receive from the players is the .xN file, with N the player number, and you'll receive a .mN file from me again.

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 05:35:27 pm »

I'll be joining this shortly. I loved this game back when the company was still in business.

Serefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 05:54:34 pm »

I'd suggest removing all victory conditions. Just total annihilation of the other races.

Also, Eagle, put a list of the players in the first post. I'll be player 1, you 2, Zorgn 3, and continue the list when more players arrive. I'll be needing that to remember what file to send to whom.

And we can use this thread to mock each other while playing. :P

Too bad you can't host and be all-knowing of every player without entering the game yourself. I'd be able to tell a spoilerfree story of goings on ingame.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 05:57:38 pm by Serefan »

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 09:58:06 pm »

I'm in.

I'd vote for no official vitory conditions but the option of submission. Packet Physicists and Space Demolishers can both make it aggravatingly annoying if you're forced to clean every last one of their planets off.

Other options:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Serefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 03:13:55 am »

Most primary racial traits can be a pain in the ass when played correctly. The point is knowing what other players are as fast as you can, and then adapting your strategy accordingly.

I talk out of experience, eh Eagle. :P

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 03:18:45 am »

Too bad you can't host and be all-knowing of every player without entering the game yourself. I'd be able to tell a spoilerfree story of goings on ingame.

I suggest we can use this thread to tell the story of our own races, for the people that would want to. Alas, that will be difficult if you don't want to give information to other players.

Also, Rysith, your option of submission sounds interesting. Even though I think there will always be players who fight till the last Smaguarian Peeping Tom.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 03:20:53 am by EagleV »
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Serefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 03:41:31 am »

Yeah, I believe there's a resign button somewhere in the game. Or you could go suicidal and ram your fleets into Death Stars (if anyone has any).

Also, important note, if someone can't join the game for a while it offers an option to put the player on standby. This makes you AI controlled, although quite pacifist, but all your resources and research are still managed and such.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 05:49:49 am »

OK, I'm in.
As for the settings: medium galaxy, normal density, moderate distance, no clumping, no winning conditions.

Serefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 06:01:34 am »

Everyone's saying they're in, but I haven't received any emails as of yet. :P

Eagle, could you resend your racefile too? Just to be sure.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 06:39:18 am »

I'll send you mine as soon as I'll decide on what I want to play as. Couple hours tops.

Serefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 06:41:57 am »

No problem, I bet Eagle wants to wait for more players anyway.

Also, it's friday today, that means within a few hours I won't be able to do anything for this game anyways, cuz I'm going out.

EDIT: Palazzo's tentacle rape race received, working with my version 2.70i.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 07:23:27 am by Serefan »

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 09:24:45 am »

I've got a general race design picked out, but I'm not going to be able to actually generate the race file until the next time I restart my computer (hooray 16-bit apps!), so I should have it in tonight.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Serefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 09:49:34 am »

Yeah well, the game isn't going to start for at least tomorrow anyways. EagleV's not online anywhere, and I'm gone in an hour or two for today too.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 10:38:22 am »

Yeah well, the game isn't going to start for at least tomorrow anyways. EagleV's not online anywhere, and I'm gone in an hour or two for today too.
Stop blatantly showing off your implied social life! There are nerds here, you know...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13