Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Death by Super Cheese Chicken Chicken - It's Here... To Stay?  (Read 10345 times)

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Death by Super Cheese Chicken Chicken - It's Heeerrre
« Reply #135 on: April 12, 2010, 05:03:49 am »

I haven't seen this new sandwich in Ohio, but we do have that chicken strip in a fry carton.

I've heard Monroe/Middleton OH is a common testing ground for franchises, and it's about 40 minutes away.

Does everyone else have the thread's sandwich, and does everyone have the more normal-ish strip in a carton?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 12, 2010, 08:56:37 am »

Seems my camera didn't feel like doing it in focus o_O
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It smelled like most KFC chicken does.  It tasted alright, the sauce seems very similar to "fry sauce," which is that pinkish stuff you get when you mix mayo and ketchup.  I got the feeling that the sauce is what makes the sandwich.  The bacon was pretty unnoticable.  I noticed they put American and Swiss cheese on the sandwich too.

It's not an awful sandwich, I ate half of it now so I wouldn't die of excessive sodium intake.  It was like $5.75 or so plus tax.  Frankly, I could go to Subway, get way more food, better food, with lower calories, with all sorts of veggies, for like 50 cents less.

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #137 on: April 12, 2010, 09:09:39 am »

I just went through that blog with all the ridiculously fatty foods,
 reading them over the phone to my significante,
 and then she hung up because she was going out to buy some fast foods.
I was going to do the same thing,
 but then a plate of chicken quesadillas was brought to me.

That was... almost poetic.

That's just the way I format my posts.
A lot of people seem to hate me for it.
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2010, 07:35:32 am »

Seems neither of the KFC places near me sell this, so it seems I won't join you in reviewing this.

Which is a shame, I looked forward to being an American Hero.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2010, 09:33:56 am »

so much fast food hate in this thread. you really should be blaming obesity on the average person's lack of self control. It is the same with smoking and alcohol.

these three things are bad for you but so much less in moderation. The human body is a marvel of bio-science. The human body will take whatever we ingest and fuck, that shit, up.

If you make it a habit to eat too much (of anything, not just fast food), you will get fat, it is a nearly universal truth. Eat less and grow thin, exercise and grow strong.

fast food is a delicious snack, a treat, and should be treated as such. if you eat it every day, it's like replacing your meals with donuts and coffee.

My wife made a delicious chicken Parmesan one day. She stuffed a couple boneless chicken breasts with ham and cheddar then wrapped the chicken with bacon and fried it. Then she poured blush sauce (tomato mixed with a bit of sour creme I believe) over it and put strips of Gouda cheese across it and cooked that in the oven.

(hopefully I remembered it correctly, might have some incorrect details in there)

It was the most delicious thing I have ever eaten, I dare say it was the most delicious thing I will ever eat.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 13, 2010, 09:50:40 pm »

Seems neither of the KFC places near me sell this, so it seems I won't join you in reviewing this.

Well, we decided to get some fast food for dinner to avoid cooking. Forgetting to ask what was wanted, the 'exciting new sandwich' was bought.

The thing is a greasy horror. I took a single bite before it SQUIRMED out of my hand. I had to go get some bread to put on the monstrosity.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2010, 10:39:48 pm »

I just saw a commercial for it...the crafty devils make it seem reasonable! It would take a lot of oats to try to draw out the sheer amount of grease in that
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2010, 11:41:23 pm »

Well, we decided to get some fast food for dinner to avoid cooking. Forgetting to ask what was wanted, the 'exciting new sandwich' was bought.

The thing is a greasy horror. I took a single bite before it SQUIRMED out of my hand. I had to go get some bread to put on the monstrosity.

Blasphemy! What's wrong with you man?! THE CHICKEN IS THE BREAD!

Would you draw a mustache on the mona lisa? Would you overdub citizen kane with a laugh track? Somewhere in the world, you've ruined the dreams and creation of one of the most brilliant chickenologists the world has never known.

http://gizmodo.com/5515565/kfc-double-down-sandwich-destroyer-of-touchscreens

gizmodo wanted to see what would happen if you ate one of these and tried to make use of an ipad. Clicky the link to find out how it turned out.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 13, 2010, 11:47:59 pm »

Would you draw a mustache on the mona lisa? Would you overdub citizen kane with a laugh track?
Yes and yes.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 13, 2010, 11:53:02 pm »

You know how big a deal it was for those chickens? They were going to be superstars, showing off to all their chicken friends.

"oh hey, you gonna be a curry? IM GONNA BE BREAD BITCH! FIRST TIME FOR CHICKENKIND!"

Those brave poultry souls were trailblazers, trying what no chicken had done before, daring to dream of being on the outside of the sandwhich. The other chickens called them crazy, said they were mad. That chickens belonged between the bread. They said it was impossible.

Yet dream they did. They tried their hardest and the colonel said YES! Your idea is just crazy enough to work. You will be the bread. You will make your family proud and your friends jealous.

And then here you come, and callously crush their dreams between two spongey white be-crusted slices of bread. Now they are just like every other chicken. Content. Filling. Mediocre.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 14, 2010, 08:10:35 am »

For your information, it was wheat bread.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 14, 2010, 08:44:01 am »

For your information, it was wheat bread.

That just makes it worse!

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 14, 2010, 09:35:02 am »

I once made a gammon sandwich.
It was three slices of gammon.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2010, 12:38:35 pm »

Ok, I'm eating one of these right now. It's not bad. As somebody pointed out, it's a bit like eating a chicken cordon bleu, only with bacon instead of ham, and a slightly spicy sauce in the middle.

I wouldn't want one all the time, but it's not the abomination I expected.

EDIT: Oh, and the bacon is seriously weak. We're talking one or two puny strips with next to no flavor. Must have the same faux bacon distributor as Wendy's "Baconator" sandwich.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 01:10:28 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 14, 2010, 11:05:47 pm »

I had one today.

Overall I was happy with it. It wasn't overly greasy. I found the tangy sauce to be tasty, and the chicken was very moist in a good way.

Unlike the poster above, I found my bacon to be very prevalent to my eating experience.

I would eat it again.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14