Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Death by Super Cheese Chicken Chicken - It's Here... To Stay?  (Read 10322 times)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
Re: Death by Super Cheese Chicken Chicken - It's Here... To Stay?
« Reply #180 on: May 20, 2010, 10:54:29 am »

And to think, if they just disguised it among some bread you all wouldn't have a problem with it.

I think it's gross because of chicken + cheese. I don't get that. Although chicken + mayonnaise is delicious.

None of them top a fried breaded jalapeno popper filled with cream cheese though. You lay out three dozen of those babies and I'm down.

I'm double down.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 20, 2010, 11:45:56 am »

And to think, if they just disguised it among some bread you all wouldn't have a problem with it.

Yeah, people eat that much fried chicken all the time.  It's not like KFC bread would make it more healthy.

I think it's gross because of chicken + cheese. I don't get that.

Me neither, and plus there's no way it's good cheese.  If it had a tomato or something in between... I'd probably get that.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 20, 2010, 11:52:41 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 10:58:47 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 20, 2010, 01:06:44 pm »

Except minus the ham.

And of course the presentation. You can serve the same ingredients in two different ways, and in one way it's delightful and in the other way it makes your stomach churn like it's a pit of vipers riding out an earthquake.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 20, 2010, 01:19:55 pm »

Also cordon bleu isn't the healthiest dish around. And this is three cordons bleu at once. With French fries as side dish maybe?
Happy hearth attack.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 20, 2010, 01:26:07 pm »

None of them top a fried breaded jalapeno popper filled with cream cheese though. You lay out three dozen of those babies and I'm down.

I'm double down.

Sonic has a burger- "In the mood for something new and juicy? Try a new Ched R Pepper SuperSONIC® Cheeseburger. We put our cheesy Ched R Peppers between two 100% pure beef patties. Then we added hand-sliced tomatoes, crinkle cut pickles, crisp lettuce, thick cheese and chipotle mayo for that extra little kick."

It's pretty damn tasty.   http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/

A list of calorie negative foods(burn more calories than they contain)
Asparagus
Beet Root
Broccoli
Cabbage
Carrot
Cauliflower
Celery    
Chicory
Hot Chili
Cucumber
Garden cress
Garlic
Green Beans
Lettuce
Onion
Radish
Spinach
Turnip
Zucchini
Negative Calorie Fruits
Apple
Blueberries
Cantaloupe
Cranberry
Grapefruit    
Honeydew
Lemon/Lime
Mango
Orange
Papaya
Peach    
Pineapple
Raspberry
Strawberry
Tomato
Tangerine
Turnip
Watermelon
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 20, 2010, 01:31:10 pm »

A list of calorie negative foods(burn more calories than they contain)
Asparagus
Beet Root
Broccoli
Cabbage
Carrot
Cauliflower
Celery    
Chicory
Hot Chili
Cucumber
Garden cress
Garlic
Green Beans
Lettuce
Onion
Radish
Spinach
Turnip
Zucchini
Negative Calorie Fruits
Apple
Blueberries
Cantaloupe
Cranberry
Grapefruit    
Honeydew
Lemon/Lime
Mango
Orange
Papaya
Peach    
Pineapple
Raspberry
Strawberry
Tomato
Tangerine
Turnip
Watermelon

There's no way this list is for real.  Most of those fruits are loaded with sugar.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 20, 2010, 01:42:30 pm »

Yeah, it sounds more like some vegan conversion pamphlet.  "You can eat all these awesome foods and you'll lose weight no matter what!  Just make sure they're plants and ya can't go wrong!"  I know goddamn well watermelons have more calories than they take to eat.  They're basically just sugarwater with a cellulose substrate.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 20, 2010, 02:20:59 pm »

Also turnips are basically like potatoes and parsnips. It lists turnip under both veggie and fruit :P

Green Beans are another one I suspect as false. Plus all those melons.

I'd suspect the fruits are all baloney, except maybe certain ones like lemon or cranberry.

But what if they include the caloric expenditure to harvest them? Not to grow it, but just to go out with a basket and pick them? At that point I think maybe the berries all get pretty close to zero.

But mainly, these are all standard foods. If we didn't get any food value from them, why would we have started eating them at all?!

I seem to remember that only celery and maybe a couple other ones were zero-net-calorie foods.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 20, 2010, 02:35:51 pm »

Actually negative calorie is a theory that states chewing and digesting foods that have certain elements actually use more calories processing than are contained within. It's a debatable theory but one that has a lot of traction. Celery is the one nobody disputes.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 20, 2010, 02:40:11 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 10:59:23 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 20, 2010, 02:42:58 pm »

Actually negative calorie is a theory that states chewing and digesting foods that have certain elements actually use more calories processing than are contained within. It's a debatable theory but one that has a lot of traction. Celery is the one nobody disputes.

I dont think we're lost on what negative calories mean here.

Of the list Lettuce and Celery are the only two I know of that are negative calories.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 20, 2010, 02:51:54 pm »

on the topic of the negative calories, one needs to remember that the calculation to get to that outcome is hopefully based on an average person. people have different bodies and some are more efficient than others at burning calories. even doing nothing at all, all day causes larger people to burn more calories than smaller people. so smaller people might still gain calories by eating certain foods that larger people would not gain calories from.

I imagine that weight is also not the only factor (perhaps current state of digestive organs? fiber intake? general health?)
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 20, 2010, 06:13:34 pm »

The negative calorie thing is (except for celery and such) a crackpot idea.

Look at it this way: if you eat a candy bar, you will have to work out for like 3 hours really hard, sweating and screaming obscenities (every one burns 0.5 calories if you scream hard enough, and it promotes regular breathing) to burn it off.

So when people say that eating an apple might, somehow, result in negative calories, they are vastly overestimating the energy used in chewing and digestion, and vastly underestimating the number of usable calories contained in the apple.

A medium apple contains 72 calories. It would take about 3.5 minutes of vigorous bicycling or 24 minutes of moderate sex (which seems a little off to me) for a 250-lb person to burn that many calories. Digesting most foods costs about 10% of their caloric value, but protein can be up to 30%.

From my limited quick research here, it seems like the minor energy usage in digestion isn't anywhere near enough to burn off the entire apple, much less enter negative territory.

Strangely, turnip is about half the caloric value as an apple. A banana is about equal to an apple. Interesting, interesting.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 20, 2010, 11:41:30 pm »

Well, you know what they say. An apple a day forces you to have sex for 24 minutes unless you own a bicycle.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14