Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: The Island of RPing, An RP Thread  (Read 12504 times)

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
Re: The Island of RPing, An RP Thread
« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2009, 07:56:21 pm »

Menil lands next to the Pilot, dodging a missile as he does so. After administering some basic first aid he sees the other orca go done. Menil looks down at the pilot then at the other orca going down. He then looks back down at the pilot

"Stay safe"

He takes off into the air again in search of the missile launchers.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2009, 08:04:26 pm »

This whole post is OOC
Archangel runs over to where he landed at his max speed, which, with the reduction caused by being here, is merely faster than most modern bullets.
I was thinking about this, and how I don't think it's right. I thought maybe his normal max speed would be 4 times the speed of sound. Wikipedia says the speed of sound is 343 metres per second, so 4 times that is 1372 metres per second. Would it be reasonable to make it 8 to 12 times the speed of sound? And how fast do you think he would be here?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 29, 2009, 08:06:30 pm »

A lone Orca is left in the air
NOD Infantry detected
"NOD?"
RTB Advised
"Uh, no, there are too many Rocket Soldiers"
U.R. Screwed
"Fuck You."
Fuck you too

[His speed would be halved.]

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 29, 2009, 08:14:01 pm »

The Lich is chasing the hellhound when he stops, sighting his skeletons. They have recovered his chair, and use the crane to deposit it in front of him. Looking around he decides that he needs to establish a center for himself in the carnage. Turning to his chair,he makes a series of incantations, and great shapes, formed of metal, wood, and any of several dozen other unidentifiable substances begin to coil around the chair, and reach higher, and higher up. The end result of this is a slender, gigantic, yet almost impossibly thin tower rising high above the land. Here The Lich now sits in his chamber, atop his chair. The chair being one of those old beaten-up yet comfortable types who utterly fail to intimidate, was not exactly the most magnificent of thrones. But one had to admit that the windows, equally spaced around the circular wall/ceiling and colossal in height, are certainly most impressive.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 29, 2009, 08:36:12 pm »

Luke did not really care at this point. It is pointless, as regardless of how many they killed, many more simply took their place. If he had wanted to kill an endless wave of monster, he could have stayed home. But no, he came here to relax. It was not like these guys are trouble. They could barely scratch His most holy paint job, let alone pierce the armor. He packed up his things, and moved off the battlefield.

"Screw you guys. If you need me, I'm getting a drink!"

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 29, 2009, 08:39:31 pm »

Tiberium gas covers the battlefield...
Dammit NOD...

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 29, 2009, 09:04:10 pm »

Shooting a few bone bolts into the gas I run off to.
"I like the way that guy thinks, I'm off to."
Nom nom nom

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 29, 2009, 09:08:23 pm »

The Lich has fallen asleep in his spherical chamber, atop his Chair. Meanwhile, the tower beneath him is slowly and subtly shifting in form.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2009, 01:59:49 am »

(Switching tense, I'm not used to writing ' walks away' instead of 'walked away' and such. Ugh.)
The Hellhound backed away from the tower. It was beautiful, almost infernal.
He had to get in.

Surprisingly, the doors of the tower opened when he approached.
' Where are you?'
Probably up there somewhere. Why are they always in the highest level?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 30, 2009, 04:12:26 am »

The Lich is still asleep on his chair at the top of the tower. The Inside of the structure that Hellhound has entered appears to be a perfectly normal reception area, complete with elevator at back of room, tacky waiting chairs, and skeleton receptionist reading "dead gorgeous".

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 30, 2009, 04:23:09 am »

Archangel finishes scraping off all the tiberium that was on his gear.
"Wait, the Brotherhood is here? We've got a sort of pact with them. Well, NOD from one of the alternatives where they won. Of cource, since the GDI are here, these guys can't be them. Still leaves me with a bit of a problem. I'll go and have a drink or two while I think about it."
He stands up and starts walking towards the bar.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 30, 2009, 05:39:42 am »

The Hellhound shrugged and walked into the elevator. There were no buttons, but the elevator doors closed and it started moving upwards the moment he set his foot on it. Music began to play. The Hellhound struggled to find it's source for a while, and then realized it was coming from inside his head.
This is taking a while...
As if hearing his words, the elevator came to a stop. The doors opened to a long room with a door in the other end. The door was guarded by two skeleton guards.
' Let me in.'
The skeletons stayed put. He wondered if they could hear him at all.
I could probably beat both, but I want to meet this warrior, not fight him. Yet atleast.
' I have business with your master. Let me through.'
The skeletons didn't move or speak. Were they even sentient?
They raised their weapons when he tried to knock. He wasted the next fifteen minutes trying to figure out how to get past the guards. Stealth, running, threats, bribing, everything he could think of, but the guards wouldn't move or react in any way at all, except for raising their spears if he got too close.

Agh, screw it.
' Let me throooooouuuugh!'
The Hellhound crashed into the skeletons, pushing the doors to their master's chamber open in the process.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 30, 2009, 11:10:21 am »

The Lich was sprawled out on his throne, snoring.

"Zzzzz...*Sits straight up* Mruh.... ....PINEAPPLES!*falls straight back asleep*...zzzzzz."

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 30, 2009, 01:19:14 pm »

Back at the bar, Luke had decided to try out the local food and drink.

"Mmh, that biscuit was delicious. Could I have another one?"

The waiter looked at him with horror "That was a whole chicken!"

Luke simply looked at the waiter and said with a stern voice "My plate is empty. That's your problem" The waiter instantly caved and went to get more food for the space marine. Now waiting for the rest of his dinner, Luke decides to order a drink. "I'll have the strongest thing you have"

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 30, 2009, 01:45:29 pm »

The tarakan sits down beside the space marine.
"Their strongest drink really isn't all that strong.. Hey waiter I'll have one too!! And do you have any raw, freshly killed meat?"
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13