Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I'd like to see your  (Read 1267 times)

Chalk

• Bay Watcher
  • oh dear
    • View Profile
I'd like to see your
« on: August 26, 2009, 11:03:37 pm »

Z-screens. I'm curious, see.

Let's make a bit of a game out of this, folks.

1: Screenshot the z-screen of your best fortress. 'Best' meaning whatever fort you're most proud of.

2: Show me the feature of that fortress you like best/are most proud of/is too darn cool to not show. This could be anything, from a hammerdwarf with two mangled lungs who still takes on goblin sieges (and triumphs!) to an ingenious goblin trap, to a gigantic tower that stretches across most of the territory, to the aftermath of a slaughter that left a truly grisly amount of blood, bodies, and vomit strewn before your entryway. Anything that makes it unique, I want to see.

I'm something a DF newbie, but here is mine:

1:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
2:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 11:05:23 pm by Chalk »

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile
Re: I'd like to see your
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 01:02:33 am »

I'm not home right now, but my current fort have been running for 15 or 16 years, and have a population of... 250? I think's 250.. The fortress is extremely boring as I don't have magma and goblins don't pose a threat, next fort are with Dig Deeper.

However I'm hoping to top the record for most dwarves in the record thread :)
I'm not sure it counts though, only 50 children since I usually play with 6 years to grow up, 12 is too long in dwarf mode....
Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.

Chalk

• Bay Watcher
  • oh dear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 10:47:49 pm »

I still have mine set to twelve, and it's WAY too long. How did you go about changing it? Children are taking over my current fort and that ain't cool.

The fort I posted about is at year 12 now, with population ~275. 101 of those dwarves are children. Damn you prosperity!

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 02:21:50 pm »

Johnny Chthonic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 03:50:52 am »

To change the age a child becomes an adult, go to your raws, and in the creature_standard file find the entry for dorfs. Change the [CHILD=12] to what you want.

Alternately, if you want less kids, you can change the number of kids in your fort in the init file, though this won't get rid of existing kids.

Stormrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 06:39:48 am »

To change the age a child becomes an adult, go to your raws, and in the creature_standard file find the entry for dorfs. Change the [CHILD=12] to what you want.

Alternately, if you want less kids, you can change the number of kids in your fort in the init file, though this won't get rid of existing kids.

There are "different" ways for THAT.