Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: strange civ  (Read 1062 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
strange civ
« on: August 26, 2009, 12:57:07 pm »

I found a civilization that shows up as elven, with forest retreats for towns, but when I actually visited only about half were inhabited by elves and they all had human buildings in them. Any idea how this happened?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
Re: strange civ
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 01:09:03 pm »

Civs have a tendancy to become mixed-race anymore, due to conquest, migrations, and the like.  This can result in odd things, up to the point of even the ruler being a different race than the civ is.  It's normal.
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 03:42:08 pm »

Goblins often mix so much that only 1 or 2 are left at the end wold gen.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

madrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 09:35:33 pm »

While I was genning worlds looking for a good shrubland or forest next to a good ocean, I came across one where a dwarven society had gone to war against an elf society and taken it over.  3 out of 4 of that dwarf society's bases were elven retreats, and Legends showed that the society had unsuccessfully tried to take back their homes at least a dozen times.  It was pretty awesome, as each retreat was full of dwarves and traitor elves living peacefully together, striking down the pansy elves in harmony.