Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d14] Reclaim with wrong civ  (Read 662 times)

corvvs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d14] Reclaim with wrong civ
« on: August 26, 2009, 10:37:11 am »

There are two dwarven civs in a small world that I generated. One is at war with the elves, and the other is not.

I built a fort in the forest with the civilization at war. We died. :)

Upon reclaim I said "wait a sec... that's the OTHER dwarven civ, isn't it? Hmm, maybe I misremembered." Sure enough, the elves just showed up with a trade caravan.

I would have assumed that "reclaiming" a fort would be done by the people who first founded it.

I haven't messed with reclaim mode much, but I would assume this bug exists in 40d as a whole.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 10:40:17 am by corvvs »

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
Re: [40d14] Reclaim with wrong civ
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 05:56:26 am »

I don't think this counts as a bug. Why should only the original inhabitants be able to claim it?
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

corvvs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 07:39:20 am »

Oh, it shouldn't be only able to be claimed by the original inhabitants, but that's not a REclaim. That should be done by finding the old site and selecting it with a new civ chosen.

A REclaim doesn't allow you to select which civ is doing it, it just picks one - this one should always be the original founders, otherwise it's more than a bit misleading. I assume the current algorithm is always forcing you to the first civ in the list (that's the case here) although I'd need more testing to say for sure.

Kilo24

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 10:55:37 am »

I recall being able to choose my civ in reclaiming in 40d4.  Unless the extra releases changed that, it still should be the same.  You just need to reselect the civs the same way you did the first time.

corvvs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 11:37:13 pm »

I recall being able to choose my civ in reclaiming in 40d4.  Unless the extra releases changed that, it still should be the same.  You just need to reselect the civs the same way you did the first time.

Well, I guess it's possible that I had the option if I hit tab to find the civ screen and I just wasn't expecting to have to so I didn't check. I'll do a test soon.

0_0 OH MY SCIENCE 0_0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 11:41:55 pm »

???
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 11:38:00 pm by 0_0 OH MY SCIENCE 0_0 »