Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse RTD! Body count: 4. Now with flying heads!  (Read 9220 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Apocalypse RTD . . .
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2009, 02:04:41 pm »

awesome when are you gonna roll for my equipment?
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2009, 03:12:15 pm »

Did I kill this RTD?
Nom nom nom

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2009, 04:29:02 pm »

2 days does not mean dead. Strife is in alot of forum games, and likely has things to do in real life as well, so give him time, and he will come back to this.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2009, 04:47:29 pm »

Sorry, distracted by work. Mulch has gotten a PM. If someone isn't around for their turn, I'll be rolling a dice to determine how bad of an action the AI makes for them.

RAM: Ram reads the guide to plate mail! {3: minor failure!} You sit down on your front step and read a few pages. You get distracted by the assorted combat occurring, and don’t get much out of it.

Stefan: Attempts to hide like a coward! {5: Perfect Success!} Stefan runs and hides behind the carbine toting Diakron! He should be safe for now . . .

Luke: Apparently, training dictates that corpses make effective melee weapons. Luke decided that he’ll use one. {2: Failure} He can’t get a good grip on it.

Diakron: Prepares to open up on the zeds. {3} He has a bit of trouble getting focused, but decided to try to hit one anyway. He aims and fires at the closest zombie {2, failure}, it’s a miss. He fires again! {2, failure} He misses again, maybe he isn’t all that good of a shot . . .

Sephiroth: Being fashion conscious, Sephy apparently can’t do anything until a zombie gets shot so he can steal some clothes. {3, minor failure} There aren’t any dead zombies, so Sephiroth stands and shiver instead.

Jay: Being blacked out isn’t fun. {4, Minor victory!} He is able to regain his senses and get up, but he doesn’t feel well enough to look for a bike just yet.

Kilakan: Tries to enter the game! {2, failure!} He doesn’t get in just yet, but gets a plus 1 to future entry rolls!

Mulch: Isn’t around! {2} He decides that shouting would be a good idea right now. {6, OVERKILL!} Exactly how it’s possible isn’t known, but Mulch manages to make a sonic boom with just his voice. Roll for hearing damage!

RAM: {6}, Ram isn’t affected at all, and feels that his ears have perfectly adapted to loud noises! +2 against hearing damage!

Stefan: {3} Stefan’s ears hurt a bit.

Luke: {3} Luke’s ears hurt a bit.

Diakron: {1} Diakron’s ears start bleeding! Minor head damage! -1 to all concentration rolls! Ow!

Sephiroth: {5} Sephiroth has no trouble with the noise. Strange.

Jay: {5} The noise clears Jay’s head nicely. Just like an alarm clock, really.

Mulch: {4} Mulch gets a bit of a headache from his own noise.

Zombie A: {5} The zombie shows no response.

Zombie B: {1} The other zombie starts oozing blood from its head! Cool!
Everything in the city knows that you’re there now. Hopefully, it won’t be THAT bad.

Zombie A: Decides to attack Diakron for shooting at him! {2} It changes its mind though, and just shambles a bit closer.

Zombie B: Goes after Sephiroth! {6} It must have been a ninja in its former life (+1 to attack rolls)! It gets close and tries to grab Sephiroth. {2+1=3} Its head must of hurt it though, and it doesn’t get far. However, the zombie backs up before Sephiroth can counter.

Global effects: All windows in the area have shattered. A zombie comes out from the door being Mulch! Enter Zombie C!
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2009, 05:09:49 pm »

Attack zombie A in hand to hand combat!

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2009, 05:54:52 pm »

I shall search for an iron horse that may carry me into battle. So I look for a working motorcycle, basically.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2009, 06:16:28 pm »

I practice my aim by throwing my book at one of the zombies, while staying hidden.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2009, 06:18:31 pm »

take careful aim and try again.
Back to Mafia with me!

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2009, 06:26:13 pm »

I think the hair protected me from the noise. I kick Zombie B in the face if it isn't dead yet. If it is, I'll scab its clothes.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2009, 08:45:54 pm »

Hmmm, this book isn't helping much, how complicated can it be...

I apply Gauntlet A to Zombie brain C
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2009, 09:01:39 pm »

I make an epic start by uppercutting the closest zombies head off.
Nom nom nom

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2009, 07:56:20 am »

I'll attempt to join this RtD, possibly replacing Mr. Diggums.
I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
- T.S Eliot

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2009, 12:07:57 pm »

Luke: Attempts to engage zombie A in CCQ! {6} He attacks with great ferocity, grabbing the zombie’s head and smashing it into the ground!
Zombie A: {2} Zombie A’s head is smashed open! The zombie thrashes for a second and lays still.
Zombie A has been defeated!

Jay is looking for an iron horse! {5} Amazing, there is a nice bike *right* across the street, in plain sight! It looks like this:

It’s a nice bike, really. Jay also notices everything in his inventory.
Weapon: Dual Chainsaws!
Armor: Heavy jacket, gloves
Shoes: Boots
Items: Two walkie talkies
Maybe carrying two chainsaws is what made him trip?

Stefan tries to stealthily throw his book at a zombie. Stealth roll: {2+1} Attack roll: {2-1} Stefan stays kinda stealthy as he throws his book at zombie C. The book flutters open and falls to the ground after about 2.5 feet. Stefan has gained -1 exp in throwing!

Diakron follows Stefan’s interesting lead and tries to peg Zombie C. His head hurts enough so it hurts his concentration though. {2-1=1!} His vision blurs, and he fires at Mulch!
Mulch’s roll to dodge: {3} Mulch doesn’t see the bullet coming!
Target roll: {6: HEAD SHOT!} Mulch is hit in the head!
Mulch’s head is smashed! Heavy Bleeding!
Mulch is unconscious! Must roll to take any actions!
Mulch has been seriously injured! Must make a survival roll at the end of every turn!

Sephiroth decides to pull off some Kung-fu action and kick the zombie closest to him (target is close, +1 to attack!) {2+1} The roundhouse is a bit off and misses the zombie, but Sephiroth recovers his balance quickly enough to prevent a counter-attack.

RAM, with the horrible annoying commercial stuck in his head decides to punch the zombie standing over the downed Mulch. {1: EPIC FAILURE} The wild swing misses completely, and Ram is so off balance that  the zombie can easily counter-attack (+1 to counter roll)
Zombie C counters: {1+1=2} The zombie counter clumsily, allowing RAM to counter again.
Ram counter-counter: {1} Ram wildly swings yet again! It fails, again! The zombie gets to counter, again!
Zombie counter-counter-counter {5+1=OVERKILL!} The zombie grabs and bites Ram in the neck.
Ram roll to resist damage: {3+1=4} The zombie tears off a chunk of the armor, but doesn’t get though. Yet.

Kilakan tries to enter the game and pull off an uppercut. (two part action -1; +1 from previous turn). {6!} [Target roll: Heads] a new figure appears and attacks Zombie C with a massive uppercut!
Zombie C roll to dodge: {4} The zombie makes some effort to get out of the way, but is still clipped!
Roll to damage: {3} The zombie is stunned! -1 for this turns action, +1 for future damage!

Kilakan enters the game! Starting equipment rolls:
Dramatic entry, +1 to condition!
Specified uppercut, -1 to weaponry
5, 0, 1, 4

Kilakan
Novice Ninja
Weapon: Unarmed
Clothes: Naked
Shoes: Sandals
Item: Black headband

Gruffybears: tries to join. {3} A new figure stumbles out from some wreckage.
Gruffy enters the game! Starting equipment rolls:
Stumbling entry, -1 to all rolls.

5, 5, 4, 1

Gruffy
Shooter
Weapon: GI 1911A1 (two 8 round clips)
Armor: Heavy jacket, jeans.
Shoes: Cross trainers
Item: Cursed teapot

Mulch: AI roll {5} Mulch uses the power of his mind to help survive! {1: EPIC FAIL!} Mulch’s subconscious wants to die, apparently. -1 to survival roll!

Zombie A: Bleeds from its smashed head.

Zombie B: Attacks Sephiroth (close: +1 to attack) {2+1=3} It’s a clumsy arm swing, and Sephiroth dodges backwards, getting out of the way. However, it’s far enough away that he doesn’t get a chance to counterattack.

Zombie C: Reels from the dramatic entry.

Mulch tries to survive (+1 for first turn injury, -1 for subconscious) {1: EPIC FAILURE!} Mulch goes into shock, and bleeds out.
Mulch is dead!

Status post will be updated after lunch.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Apocalypse RTD! Body count: 2
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2009, 12:29:38 pm »

I'll grab the dead guys golf club (and use it as a weapon), then swing at zombie C while it is still reeling from my entry.  If I can't do both in one turn I'll ninja kick zombie C, while it is reeling form my entry. 
Nom nom nom

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Apocalypse RTD! Body count: 2
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2009, 12:31:18 pm »

You'd get a -1 on the original action (but not any target or damage rolls) if you went for the golf club.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6