Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Limerick of The Haiku Epic.  (Read 7218 times)

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Limerick of The Haiku Epic.
« on: August 25, 2009, 07:02:35 pm »

The king wants you to perform a task so the royal bard can write a limerick haiku epic about it.

Standard RTD rules.

ITEMS
throughout your epic adventure you may encounter a multitude of items to aid you in your quest.

AMMO
Stuff to be fired from stuff. Can anyone honestly tell me they can come up with a better definition?

WEAPONS
Really? You need an explanation for this?

SCROLLS
They teach you skills via the "memorize scroll" command. you can only learn stuff that your class can feasibly learn.

ARMOR
Has anyone ever told you how dense you are?

REAGENTS
objects that need to be evicted into the ether to perform the requested task.
Can be anything from pebbles to sentient creatures.

COMBO ITEMS
Items that when combined become a completely different item. Emphasis on completely.

COMPLETE RUBBISH
Anything can be picked up. If it has a use or not is up to you.

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

You all start out with no skills and an average joe outfit.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick of The Haiku Epic.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 07:05:31 pm »

Name: Jack
Appearance: White Kimono/Samurai robe thing, long black hair tied up into a bun/knot thing. Pale skin. Awesome-est expression ever.
Backstory: "Long ago, in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil! But a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow was struck, I TOAR open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku..."
Class: Samurai

I'd say I have no imagination, but mostly I just love the series too much to pass up a chance at it. (I demand a personal quest to obtain the magic sword! Please?)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 07:28:35 pm by CJ1145 »
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 07:08:03 pm »

maybe. i'm also a big fan of samurai jack. I laughed hysterically when i saw your backstory.
EDIT: and it's TWOAH not tore.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 07:56:21 pm »

There are some who call him... Tim?
Appearance:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Backstory: He has a mysterious past. One day, though, a group of knights showed up on a quest to seek the Holy Grail, and conscripted him for help. Despite his warnings, they foolishly charged the Rabbit of Caerbannorg, and then the Great Black Beast of Aaaarghhhh.... He mysteriously vanished soon after.
Class: Enchanter

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 04:56:44 pm »

come on! anybody else?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 02:09:57 am »

Alright, just because I love RTD's so much.

Name: Ivanor
Appearance: Six foot two, eyes of blue, but oh what those six feet could do (has anybody seen my gal?).  Also blond haired with sun-tanned skin, and decently muscled all about.
Backstory: Ivanor was the peaceful apprentice of an apothecary; living in the backwoods, gathering herbs to make into potions to sell in the city.  All that changed when he was the ripe old age of 10.  Bandits invaded his small homestead which he shared with his master, who had taken him in since he was orphaned at 3 years.  Ivanor looked on, horrified, as the bandits decapitated the master in front of the trembling apprentice.  As the bandits turned on him, Ivanor reached for a particularly potent combination of herbs.  After frantically eating them, he blacked out.  When he came to, the bodies of 6 bandits lay all around him.  And so Ivanor became a barbarian, rampaging wherever he goes, killing whomever gets in his way.  His rage over his master's death has never settled, and he'll be the first into any fight that comes.
Class: Barbarian Herbalist
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 03:07:23 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 08:04:31 am »

I too shall sign up

Name:Katana Ultra-robot
Appearance: Robot that can be disguised as a basket.
Backstory: Kill Jack,Kill Jack,Kill Jack,Kill Jack,Kill Jack,Kill Jack,Kill Jack,Kill Jack,Kill Jack,Kill Jack,Kill Jack,Kill Jack,Kill Jack,Kill Jack,Kill Jack,Kill Jack.
Class: Samurai Robot assasin.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 03:40:48 pm »

do you guys think 4 people are enough to start?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 05:22:32 pm »

Eh, you could always leave spots open if anyone wanted to join up later.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 05:44:17 pm »

Let's do this Thang!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 05:50:36 pm »

Considering the people we have, 4 should be plenty. Though I'm rather disappointed no one chose the Scotsman for his character.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 10:48:39 pm »

I want in, too.

Name: Urist McMagic
Appearance: He's a dwarf. He's very short and very hairy. He's wearing a crude wizard's hat to start with. It appears to be a dyed pig tail sock.
Backstory: Urist was exiled from his ancestral homeland following his "research" of magic. It consisted of him stealing the nation's only pair of adamantine gauntlets, and using it to throw magma at random dwarves while shouting "FIREBALL! FIREBALL!".
Class: (Dabbling) Dwarven Wizard

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 03:26:43 pm »

You all stand before the king. a grave expression on his face. He stands up and addresses you. "you may be wondering why i have chosen you all for this task and what that task may be. I have hand picked the greatest warriors in the kingdom to undertake this important quest. i won't blame you if you decline as it seems nearly impossible any way you look at it. I have ordered a custom made crown from the local blacksmith. it's very important that i look stylish for my next meeting with the knights of the square table. please get it back here by tonight! oh and one more thing. only the group who is before me at the time of the giving of the crown will get credit for completing the task. so good luck! the reward is a magic sword i picked up someplace.!

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 04:01:51 pm »

I cast fireball at the nearest player, then try to run to the blacksmith.

Whoops
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 04:04:37 pm by blah28722 »

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009, 04:03:24 pm »

i thought i said you start with no skills? could someone confirm that?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6