Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Physicians and surgeons  (Read 3059 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Physicians and surgeons
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2007, 03:49:00 am »

I'm sorry, I didn't think of that. It seems obvious now.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2007, 06:10:00 pm »

What about something much simpler, such as a "doctor" profession?

They would use a doctors workshop to create bandages out of cloth to heal bleeding wounds and organ damage(not 100% effective, but will speed up healing) splints out of wood and cloth for broken bones, and other simple things like crutches out of 2 wood for broken legs.

I hate having a broken arm make a dwarf useless, so a simple doctor profession would be essential. You wouldn't need many, maybe 1 or 2 for every 50 dwarves.

Something too complicated would make it a hassle of micromanagement to get a dwarf all fixed up, but something too simple makes dwarves expendable.

The doctor wouldn't heal a dwarf completely, just lessen the possibility of death and speed up healing alot, as well as get dwarves sorking again, albeit a bit slower, and only for the lesser of wounds.

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Tamren

• Bay Watcher
  • Two dreams away
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2007, 06:17:00 pm »

well of course. Doctors and healing only need to be as complicated as wounds. Currently wounds are measured by colour, so the doctors do not have to be very complicated, yet.
Fear not the insane man. For who are you to say he does not percieve the true reality?
Pages: 1 2 [3]