Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35

Author Topic: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Game Over! Mafia Wins)  (Read 38164 times)

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Day 2)
« Reply #375 on: September 06, 2009, 08:49:30 am »

Besides, I really want to hear who he WOULD super-lynch. We can't do anything if he won't fucking talk.

As I had previously stated, I suspect everyone equally. When I went over everyone's Day One actions on a person-by-person basis, I came to the conclusion that everyone else could reasonably be scum. This is impossible, of course. I had tried to remedy the situation through my "blackmail *everyone* into defending themselves" plot, but that fell through.

So, if I absolutely had to force someone's lynch, I'd quite literally use a random number generator that is uniformly distributed over the nine possibilities.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 06, 2009, 08:53:38 am »

Free Beer, I suggest you use my analysis and lynch yourself. :D
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 06, 2009, 08:58:10 am »

Free Beer, I suggest you use my analysis and lynch yourself. :D

What do you think I'm allowing to happen right now?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 06, 2009, 08:59:31 am »

I was joking. I'd prefer for you to make yourself useful, honestly. Rolling over doesn't help anyone.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 06, 2009, 09:00:43 am »

I was joking. I'd prefer for you to make yourself useful, honestly. Rolling over doesn't help anyone but the scum.

Fixed.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 06, 2009, 09:18:05 am »

Rolling over doesn't help anyone but the scum.

Au contraire. I've been very active and public this game and we can see what connections I've established with the other players. Having me as confirmed town will allow people to analyze those connections and vote intelligently in the future.

So, I'm allowing myself to die. Either today by being lynched, or tomorrow by being namekilled. I'd prefer tomorrow, since it will expose you.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 06, 2009, 10:35:13 am »

No, us lynching him tomorrow is not assumed (assuming he super-lynches today) and FoS for saying as such. It's highly probable, yes, but it's not assumed. Besides, I really want to hear who he WOULD super-lynch. We can't do anything if he won't fucking talk.

I'm just going to come out and say it: This is kingmaker without a kingmaker. Somebody should run a KM game, btw.

Way to go ignoring the most important part of my post:

But really. If you're so sure he's scum, then why the hell would you want him to control the lynch? That doesn't make sense. Going by your belief that FB is scum, you're trying to make him lynch a townie. This is exactly why you're scum.

No townie would try and get him to lynch a townie. Thus, you must not be townie.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 06, 2009, 11:25:33 am »

It wouldn't hurt to interrogate people while I'm still alive, I suppose.

I'd like to hear from chaoticjosh, JanusTwoface, Mephansteras, RedWarrior0, major_sephiroth, and Org.

The first four because they haven't posted in forever, and the latter two because one of them is obviously the Negative Voter from the recent vote count, yet they both voted me due to "suspicion."

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 06, 2009, 12:11:26 pm »

If I was scum and I was going to encourage him to super-lynch, I would of done it in the scum-chat. In fact, if I was scum, he would of just lynched a townie and be done with it. WIFOM, I know, but it really is true. This is making me think there isn't anybody who's really good on the scum-team. Of course, there's WIFOM, so there you go. Too much WIFOM for my tastes. In any case, when I wanted him to lynch, I wanted him to lynch who he thought was suspicious. Of course, since either he's a townie who literally has no suspicions or a scum who doesn't want to associate with anybody, it's a moot point. Still, if he's going to copy the Pandarsenic role, we could wait til tomorrow and name-kill him and Pandarsenic. On the other hand, I think Pandarsenic is town and Free Beer is a really stupid townie or a really stupid scum, so yeah. Unvote and vote Free Beer. Your refusal to name any suspicions is what gets me. Of course, we SHOULD all do his little exercise, not for his benefit, but for the town's. The fact that nobody else wanted to do it is something I find suspicious.

Wait wait wait, how many scum are there alive and how many players are there alive total?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 06, 2009, 12:26:49 pm »

Players:
chaoticjosh
Free Beer
ToonyMan - Unlimited Voter
Mr.Person
Frelock - Unknown Voter
Org
Diakron - Infinity Voter
Zaithemaster
Mephansteras
RedWarrior0
major_sephiroth
JanusTwoface
Pandarsenic

I'm pretty sure there are 3 scum.

I need to read over everything that has happened today. I'd like to figure out a voting list for everyone, but I don't know that I'll have time.

I guess I'll leave my vote on Free Beer for now, but I might move it later if things have changed.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 06, 2009, 12:38:09 pm »

Ok, I don't think Free Beer is scum while Pandarsenic is town. The optimal play for Free Beer in that case would be to infinite vote off the most powerful town member (Triple voter/Doubler voter/Fibonacci voter), night kill another powerful town member, we would then be at lylo in that case if everybody had 1 vote and let Free Beer kill off Pandarsenic. Of course, we would probably lynch Free Beer in that case, so it's a wash, but at least he could take away a lynch from us. I think we can safely say the scum team is not the triple voter/double voter/copycat voter, in any case. If that was true, the scum would of won already. I also don't think the scum is triple/fib/copycat or triple/double/fib or triple/copycat/motivator or triple/copycat/amplifier or triple/double/motivator or triple/double/amplifier. Maybe I should make a list...
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 06, 2009, 12:46:27 pm »

Wait...what if Free Beer doesn't actually have any votes today? ToonyMan used his power yesterday, so he'd have 0 votes today. It's possible that Webadict set up the system so that the Copycat voter can't just vote for the Unlimited/Infinity voter after they use their power to get the power.

If that's the case, then he's pulling a gambit and can't actually lynch anyone (which may be why he's been so wishy-washy about it).
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 06, 2009, 01:11:36 pm »

That's true, I didn't think of that possibility.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 06, 2009, 02:59:00 pm »

On the other hand, I think Pandarsenic is town and Free Beer is a really stupid townie or a really stupid scum, so yeah.

Pot. Kettle. Black. Let's see: your post insults me, votes for me, and is filled to the brim with inconsistencies. You are obviously trying to bait me into using my unlimited votes against you. Such a plan will only work if you are town and I am scum. Since I am town, your plan autofails. So yeah.

Wait...what if Free Beer doesn't actually have any votes today? ToonyMan used his power yesterday, so he'd have 0 votes today. It's possible that Webadict set up the system so that the Copycat voter can't just vote for the Unlimited/Infinity voter after they use their power to get the power.

If that's the case, then he's pulling a gambit and can't actually lynch anyone (which may be why he's been so wishy-washy about it).

I can confirm that this is not the case. If it were, I'd have tried to keep a low profile today.

I think people should just let me live until tomorrow. I PM'd webadict about time delays earlier today and he answered that there are none. My plan is foolproof; I can lay the Pandarsenic issue to rest once and for all, and anyone who still thinks I am scum can use one of the no doubt numerous modkill conditions attached to Pandarsenic's role to off me then.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 06, 2009, 03:13:15 pm »

On the other hand, I think Pandarsenic is town and Free Beer is a really stupid townie or a really stupid scum, so yeah.

Pot. Kettle. Black. Let's see: your post insults me, votes for me, and is filled to the brim with inconsistencies. You are obviously trying to bait me into using my unlimited votes against you. Such a plan will only work if you are town and I am scum. Since I am town, your plan autofails. So yeah.

What? That doesn't even make any sense. How does you not voting for him make you any less scum (or him any less scum, for that matter).

I can confirm that this is not the case. If it were, I'd have tried to keep a low profile today.

I think people should just let me live until tomorrow. I PM'd webadict about time delays earlier today and he answered that there are none. My plan is foolproof; I can lay the Pandarsenic issue to rest once and for all, and anyone who still thinks I am scum can use one of the no doubt numerous modkill conditions attached to Pandarsenic's role to off me then.
[/quote]

Bolding mine. Just let you live?? If you have unlimited votes we can't stop you from living today! And you're behavior is still scummy. If you think Pandarsenic is scum or detrimental to the town just go ahead and kill him. If you don't think he's scum, why aren't you looking for scum? If you can just kill off anyone you want go find the most scummy person here and kill them.

I think you're scum and you're unable to actually kill anyone today, so you're trying to confuse us into letting you live another day. Preferably, I'm sure, by having us lynch another townie. No, my vote stays on you. Once you die we can look at the voting records and figure out who your scum-buddies are. Or, on the off chance that you're just really bad a playing town, we'll be able to figure out who was scum and using you to kill off townies.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35