Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35

Author Topic: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Game Over! Mafia Wins)  (Read 38253 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Day 2)
« Reply #330 on: September 04, 2009, 01:01:12 pm »

Way to completely avoid why I'm suspicious of you Pandar. Way to completely avoid bringing up the PM's where I'm harassing you for more information.

I'm saying you're not completely truthful of your role, and this is a giant reverse-psychology rigmarole in order to keep you alive as long as possible, to fulfill an ulterior motive!

Even though your role name is obvious enough, I'm willing to bet that there's stipulations you haven't told us, and something special will happen once it's spelt out completely.

Since you don't have a vote, I'm saying it'd be safer to just have a likely scum (Free Beer) kill you, and we'll all be much better off, since we'll be more knowledgeable for the better.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 04, 2009, 01:11:09 pm »

Also, Meph, care to comment on that your list of suspicious people = my three suspicious people with me added to it?

Honestly, it's because those three are the ones who've been the most suspicious and I think we all know it. I add you to the list for two reasons:

It's possible that you made that list to bus two scum-buddies and save yourself. I think this is unlikely, because your role as you've stated it would mean that the scum almost certainly lose since you have no vote.

however...

You're on that list because unlike every other role we only have your word to go on with how it works. You've proven that web prints out a letter of the name every time you vote, and that you (usually) have no vote. But the only way to prove that everything else you've said is true is to name-kill you. (Or if the scum night-kill you and you're town, I suppose). But doing that is risky since it either casts great suspicion on the person who does the name-kill and possibly does something worse to them (like day-kill them instead of you). We just have no way of knowing the truth without risking things going badly for us.

And...well...he's 'always scum'. Which is WIFOM, I know, but...I keep thinking about that.

I'm going off to go hiking in a bit. I'll try to get on tonight and do some more in-depth analysis.

In the meantime, does someone want to take a look at our lurkers/sideline players? It's still possible that the scum are laughing at us as all the active players fight amongst themselves and leave the quiet players to watch. I don't want to get so wrapped up in my own suspicions that I ignore that possibility.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 04, 2009, 01:59:53 pm »

There's too many lurkers. I agree that Pandarsenic is a null presence who will be dead very, very soon, but there's so many lurkers I can't really say anything about them. Still, here we go:

Free Beer: Scum.
major_sephiroth: Probably scum, but I dunno.
Mephansteras: Leaning scum slightly. You of all people should remember we have a billion and one lurkers, yet you think the entire scum-team is active people? Hmm...
chaoticjosh: Not sure, hard to read. Thinking town.
Frelock: I'm thinking he's town.
Pandarsenic: Unimportant.

Pandarsenic: Where did I say I wanted the Un/Inf Voters dead? I said I wanted the Infinity voter to use his/her power BEFORE we got to lylo. Also, I didn't incite the thing, it was ToonyMan who fucked it up. The scum were probably loving it, the 2 top town players voting each other off. The rest of the town were probably thinking one of them was scum, doesn't shock me nobody spoke up, least of all you. Don't blame me for something I didn't start or intend to happen.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 04, 2009, 02:00:50 pm »

I actually can't be scum, just for reference. Why? The reason is a bit meta, but the reasoning is sound; I got the Weba_ role because our wonderful mod forgot I'd signed up, which is also why nobody knows about it.

The full scum team had already been selected by the time I was given my role (several hours into the first day).
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 04, 2009, 03:26:51 pm »

Yay! School is over. Sorry for not being active, had TONS of homework and tests this week.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 04, 2009, 03:45:01 pm »

KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 04, 2009, 04:06:56 pm »

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 04, 2009, 04:44:40 pm »

Bah tests and junk are no fun. Welcome Org!

Also, Mr.Person, if Free Beer seems so scummy to you, why not vote him?

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 04, 2009, 04:53:40 pm »

Also, Mr.Person, if Free Beer seems so scummy to you, why not vote him?

It doesn't matter who the rest of us vote for today; FB controls the lynch today.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 04, 2009, 05:26:06 pm »

That is true, unless he is lying about being the copycat voter. It isn't a very likely option, but it is good to be ready for it anyway.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 04, 2009, 05:38:59 pm »

Not that it matters, but yes, vote Free Beer.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 04, 2009, 06:30:28 pm »

Did I miss something? How does FB have control of lynch?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 04, 2009, 06:54:28 pm »

Vote Tally

major_sephiroth - JanusTwoface
chaoticjosh - Pandarsenic
Mr.Person - Zaithemaster
Free Beer - Mephansteras, major_sephiroth, Mr.Person

This should be correct.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 04, 2009, 07:26:40 pm »

Did I miss something? How does FB have control of lynch?

Apparently you did.

FB has roleclaimed Copycat Voter, which takes the ability of whoever he votes for for one day. Because he voted for TM yesterday, he has the Unlimited Voter's power today, and plans to use it.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 04, 2009, 07:41:19 pm »

Thats not very good. Is he confirmed scum?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35