Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35

Author Topic: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Game Over! Mafia Wins)  (Read 38098 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Day 1)
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2009, 01:54:00 pm »

I'll just keep my vote on Sir Josh so that when the Vote Counter uses his role, it shows I'm not lying.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2009, 02:00:04 pm »

Yeah, even though who gets what is random I really don't think Webadict would give us majorly unbalanced role sets.

Frelock, you've got a nice list there but you're specifically not voting for anyone. Got any inkling into who might be scum at this point? Or are you just trying to hide your role from a Vote Counter?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2009, 03:09:13 pm »

I think it's a scum role, that has nothing to do with reality.
And what makes you think it's a scum role? I bet you Webadict just randomly assigns the roles to random people on random teams.
He's confirmed this is the case.
I don't understand. How is ToonyMan confirmed for thinking a randomly assigned role is a scum role?

"He" was obviously referring to webadict, the last person mentioned.

Unvote, vote Zaithemaster. You Elmo wannabe, come out and argue with me!

Of course, that's barely sufficient, so let's hypothetically say you were the vote reporter, how would you go about using that role?

Let me start off by saying that everybody needs to include a description of their known role, even if it was in past VMs. I am having to look back at VM2 to remember what the Vote Reporter does.

Then let me say second that it doesn't really matter what I would do if I were the Vote Reporter, as that is not my role. But if I were the Vote Reporter, I would have used it like anyone would have: picking someone at night who had seemed suspicious the day before (or in the case of Night 0, picking someone at random), and see if they were "lying" about their vote.

FoS Mr.Person again for voting for someone based only (apparently) on the fact that they made lists, and being antagonistic about it. But FoS Free Beer at the same time because M.P has a point (the irony, I know), though there's not enough to vote for someone because of it.

Actually. Vote Mr.Person because of the above, what I FoS'd him earlier for, and this:

The infinity voter should come forward, but it doesn't have to be tonight. Besides, once they've done the infinity thing, they're a regular old townie. No real reason for the mafia to night-kill them in that case.

You refer to the Infinity Voter as a townie here (implying you have knowledge of who is and isn't scum), and yet you demand them to use their power soon "in case they're scum." Doesn't mesh, sorry.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2009, 04:43:00 pm »

Yes, meph, I am trying to hide my role, but since you've called me out on it, I'll come out and say it.  I am the Unknown voter, which I just noticed was missing from the list.  In any case, today I have gotten 3 votes, and was motivated/amplified to bring my total for the day up to 4 votes.  I refrained from voting, and attempted to hide my role, because it's possibly the most powerful town role out there, though you could argue that the triple voter is more powerful (with me, it depends on the day...)

To prove my statement, I shall vote Org for his usual style of lurking.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2009, 04:44:38 pm »

What?   Wont that kill me?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2009, 04:47:33 pm »

Not if he unvotes after the Vote Counter confirms him later today.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2009, 05:08:14 pm »

And org, with a double voter, triple voter, copycat voter(assuming he copied someone with more than one vote), and motivational voter about, there's plenty of votes remaining to counter mine.  Still, I'd switch my vote right now if you were more helpful.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2009, 05:11:15 pm »

Don't forget the UNLIMITED VOTER WHO CAN NEVER BE DEFEATED EXCEPT BY SOME.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2009, 05:13:50 pm »

Yes, he cannot be defeated, until he lynches someone.  Then he's powerless, so I think he'll save that ability for later.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2009, 05:28:12 pm »

I dont have anything to add. Trying to play DOW 2. :3

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2009, 06:27:48 pm »

So far as I read it, the Infinite Voter will beat the Unlimited Voter if both use their votes.

This comes from the understanding that the Infinite Voter has infinite votes while the Unlimited Voter has unlimited votes, but still finite.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2009, 06:30:03 pm »

I really don't have much to add either. My style of mostly anything is Org's style for mafia. Plus I'm trying to learn Lux Aeterna on the piano.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2009, 06:31:07 pm »

What happens if the unlimited/infinity voter gets motivated? :3

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2009, 06:44:49 pm »

I would guess that means they would get another vote.  For the infinity voter, this would be useful if they don't use their power that day, and for the unlimited voter, well, they get another vote to add to their unlimited pile of votes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2009, 06:47:20 pm »

Unvote

So wait, before I make any hasty decisions, I want to get this straight.

The infinity voter and the unlimited voter have what is essentially the same power, but the IV will trump the UV if they're both in play, and the UV can switch his around, and will only be negated if he actually manages to kill someone, at which point he becomes a normal townie with 1 vote?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35