Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35

Author Topic: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Game Over! Mafia Wins)  (Read 38081 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Day 3)
« Reply #450 on: September 11, 2009, 01:51:57 am »

Blarg, I was hoping to get nightkilled, but I am in fact the nonvoter. Oh well, plan failed. In any case, I'd also like to say I got a vote yesterday. I was asking earlier to talk to who did it, since at the time nobody had claimed, but it's not a big deal now. I was going to say I have a slight trust boost to who it was, but I'm thinking that was Janus's doing. It's hard to know this stuff.

Chaoticjosh and Mephanasteras cannot both be scum, btw. Pandarsenic, you've been active lurking. Since voting you would be an exersize in stupidity, I think I dislike how Org has also been active lurking. What do you say?

Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 11, 2009, 04:01:45 am »

Org is being useless, but he always is - as irritating as this is, it's a null tell where he's concerned.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 11, 2009, 10:43:11 am »

Yeah, I'm always of two minds about lynching Org. One the one hand, he's generally only as useful for the town as whatever ability he has (see the Paranormal games for Org being useful). But figuring out if he's scum is tough, since he doens't have many tells any more. So lynching him is just a 1/x chance of finding scum, kind of like a random lynch.

I'm more in favor of looking for someone who has actually given us some evidence of being scum before worrying about Org. Even if he does turn out to be the last scum, if he's the Negative voter like I think he is he's not exactly a huge threat.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 11, 2009, 12:21:09 pm »

Yeah, we should keep Org on since as town he can prevent some of the autowins the scum has. As scum, he's not particularly dangerous, although I suppose if he's with the triple voter or the Fibonacci voter, it could be a problem, but then again, who ISN'T a problem with a scum Fibonacci voter or triple voter?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 11, 2009, 06:46:02 pm »

Wow, Org. Really? You're still not going to address anything? Not even going to try to lie defend yourself this time? Not even with "lol i'm not scum"? Since both Josh and M_S have come forward with their roles: Why did you use your negative vote on FB TWICE (both Day 1 and 2 at the end of the day)? To try and help your scum buddy out a little?

I'm doing this to put pressure on Zai, who seems to like his fingers of suspicion.

I'm not sure I see the alleged pressure being put on me. Care to explain?

And yes, I am the Vote Counter. But RW0, I see little reason right now to order a VC. There is little or no dispute right now that you indeed have 2 votes. What Meph was saying in that quote of yours was not that he doubts you have 2 votes (he even says you have 2 votes); he was saying that he wanted to know why someone with multiple votes would not put those votes to use.

Also, if M_S turns out to not be scum, I currently believe Meph to be the last scum (along with Org).

Sanctimoniously declaring a certain action to be pithily town makes me unendingly aggravated, as well as suspicious of you.

I apologize, Josh. I did not mean that revealing yourself was a move only a townie would make, but that not doing so (delaying what is inevitable by the end of the day) seems scummy to me. I see no reason for the FV to not be revealed at the beginning of the day they get their 2nd vote (when it matters to town), as it will be known at the end of that very day, when it matters only to scum.

But maybe one day we'll both be scum. On that day, the universe will explode rejoice.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 11, 2009, 06:50:57 pm »

And yes, I am the Vote Counter. But RW0, I see little reason right now to order a VC. There is little or no dispute right now that you indeed have 2 votes. What Meph was saying in that quote of yours was not that he doubts you have 2 votes (he even says you have 2 votes); he was saying that he wanted to know why someone with multiple votes would not put those votes to use.

You don't want to know if Org has -2 or 0 votes? Seems like it'd make a difference to me.

And why do you think I'm scum?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 11, 2009, 07:01:55 pm »

You don't want to know if Org has -2 or 0 votes? Seems like it'd make a difference to me.

Oh right. That. I had forgotten while I was typing.

Vote Count has been mandated requested.

And why do you think I'm scum?

Eh, I'm suspicious of you for various things. But I don't really think you're scum right now. You're just next on my imaginary list of suspicions after Org and M_S, quickly followed by everyone else. Like...Org has 10/10 on scum scale. M_S has 9/10. You have 8/10. Everyone else has between 7/10 and 7.95/10.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 11, 2009, 07:36:40 pm »

Alright, I've been slacking off too much.

I'm almost sure that M_S is scum. Everything about him chides me as scummy. From his faux-towniness, to weak defenses, to the way his posts feel, to the way he insisted that he "didn't know who the scum were" which is an odd statement for a townie to make, if you ask me.

Now, another. I don't like Org, he calls homework, but I call bullshit. Even when attacked, it's like he's not even aware that he's being attacked, and has YET to do anything helpful. It's very odd, and I don't like it.

Mephansteras. To be honest, I'd probably say Meph is the most likely to tbe town. He was the first person to vote Free Beer and challenge his power, which is something that strikes me as something a townie would do. Something's chiding me hard though, and it's making me uncertain.

Mr.Person, he's been confrontational, but I can't help but feel that alot of his arguing is broken.
Yeah, we should keep Org on since as town he can prevent some of the autowins the scum has. As scum, he's not particularly dangerous, although I suppose if he's with the triple voter or the Fibonacci voter, it could be a problem, but then again, who ISN'T a problem with a scum Fibonacci voter or triple voter?

Outright assuming that someone is town is a horrifyingly bad idea. Especially since that he could be a negative voter, which would be just as helpful to scum as a regular voter.

If I had to say who the remaining scum were...

M_S
Org

M_S
MP

M_S
Meph (a twist!)

Whens the day going to end?

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 11, 2009, 08:25:37 pm »

Zai, the 'pressure' was making it so everyone knew you were the vote counter.

Also, hehe, new nemesis! I really have nothing to say against that, except this: If I was scum, why would I have chosen you to motivate?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 11, 2009, 08:33:20 pm »

Oh, I had been somewhat oblivious of who motivated me until now, as I honestly didn't care, so thanks for taking the credit, I suppose.

Now, running on the logic that a scum motivator would always motivate scum, I suppose that would VINDICATE you wouldn't it?

Unfortunately, I don't buy it. Using that for evidence seems like grasping at straws, and I'm all the more convinced of your scumminess.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 11, 2009, 10:59:39 pm »

Zai, the 'pressure' was making it so everyone knew you were the vote counter.

I thought this was fairly obvious after you and Josh claimed and the only 2 roles that were left unknown were the VC and NV, with only me and Org left with unknown roles. Using past voting records, I'm obviously not the NV, so I must be the VC. But whatever. I'll include a modified version of Janus's list of roles at the end of this post for quick reference.

Also, hehe, new nemesis! I really have nothing to say against that, except this: If I was scum, why would I have chosen you to motivate?

Are you kidding me? Why would you do that? So that you could bring it up right now as your "defense."

Quote from: Modified Role List from Janus
Free Beer - Copycat Voter
ToonyMan - Unlimited Voter
Mr.Person - No Voter
Frelock - Unknown Voter
Diakron - Infinite Voter
Mephansteras - Triple Voter
RedWarrior0 - Double Voter
JanusTwoface - Vote Amplifier
Zaithemaster - Vote Counter
chaoticjosh - Fibonacci Voter
Org - Negative Voter
major_sephiroth - Motivator

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 11, 2009, 11:11:03 pm »

M_S, as an exercise, since you're the motivator, who did you motivate on each day till today?

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 11, 2009, 11:49:21 pm »

Mr.Person on Night 1, you on Night 2. IIRC.

Also, Zai, I really have nothing to say against Josh's enquiries. I used that because it was the last shred of anything I had left.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 11, 2009, 11:51:54 pm »

So you didn't get to use your ability on night 0?

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 12, 2009, 01:10:10 am »

IIRC, I chose not to.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35