Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35

Author Topic: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Game Over! Mafia Wins)  (Read 38156 times)

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Day 1)
« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2009, 09:31:49 pm »

ebwop: i saw a few things go in as i typed this and decided to hold of for a little before roleclaiming to allow us to check votes.
Back to Mafia with me!

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 30, 2009, 09:56:08 pm »

I was wondering how Diakron was going to confirm ToonyMan. Turns out he was not. I doubt the Unlimited voter will be able to conceal his power for long, so we'll know if Toony is lying about his role soon enough. More importantly, I think we need to ascertain ToonyMan's alignment. This means he needs to post more. And think more before he posts.

Regarding my previous argument about roles and alignments, I am going to stand by my original reasoning. Thus far, the only counterargument was that the alignments were assigned randomly. However, random does not mean uniformly distributed, and the previous rounds seem to indicate that they are in fact not that way.

Alright, should the town attempt to get as much information as possible, by demanding that everyone vote for someone and then calling for a vote count, or should we try to keep as much information as possible away from the scum, and not?

Everyone vote and then do a vote count. However, for the results to be easier to interpret, it would be best if everyone voted for someone different.

What is being suggested here is essentially that all of the multi-voter people do a mass roleclaim, in effect giving the mafia a nice list of who to kill for their first few days. The information that the town would gain will eventually show up through the end of day reports anyway, so why rush it? FoS Zaithemaster.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 30, 2009, 10:03:41 pm »

damn, good point free beer i did not even think of that   :(
Back to Mafia with me!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 30, 2009, 10:04:52 pm »

But. While you're right in a way (as I know what you're getting at), this is actually quite different. As I mentioned in my post where I voted for you, there are several reasons why I'm voting for you. That alone was not even enough for me to want to FoS you. It's that (you calling the Infinity Voter a regular townie after using their power), combined with you demanding the IV use their power today because you don't trust them, that is one of the reasons I'm voting for you. If you think they're a townie, why the hell would  you want them to waste their power, unless you're scum?

Because I don't know if the infinity voter is scum or not. I don't want to get into a lylo situation with the infinity voter still alive with infinite votes. That is NOT happening. The risk is just WAY too high.

Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 30, 2009, 10:08:47 pm »

Alright, should the town attempt to get as much information as possible, by demanding that everyone vote for someone and then calling for a vote count, or should we try to keep as much information as possible away from the scum, and not?

Everyone vote and then do a vote count. However, for the results to be easier to interpret, it would be best if everyone voted for someone different.

What is being suggested here is essentially that all of the multi-voter people do a mass roleclaim, in effect giving the mafia a nice list of who to kill for their first few days. The information that the town would gain will eventually show up through the end of day reports anyway, so why rush it? FoS Zaithemaster.

While this is a legitimate point, I would choose to rather present the town with as much information as possible, even though it would give said information to scum as well. The more information the town can get, the more informed decisions we can make. Besides, one "multi-voter" (more? can't recall and I'm too busy to go back and check right now) has already claimed (the Unknown Voter, Frelock), and that's potentially the most harmful of all of them to the mafia, so I'd guess they'll already be killing him tonight if he's not scum (though there's always the chance that they'd want to have the WIFOM of him still being alive if they want to take risks).

And why "rush" it? Because this is the entire purpose of the Vote Counter's role: to give the town (and mafia, regrettably) as much vote-based information as possible. Besides, if we'll eventually get the information anyway by waiting for end of day reports, why wait? In my opinion, giving the town information as soon as possible is better than waiting for it.

I'd like to say something else but I'll wait until tomorrow to do so, as I have learned that posting late at night, or just when I'm tired, actually, is not to be advised.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 30, 2009, 10:17:02 pm »

i will not be posting in mafia until tomorrow i may still be in other games but i cannot think coherently now.
Back to Mafia with me!

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 30, 2009, 10:17:20 pm »

A question for you, Zai: let's pretend that this is actually a game of DF mafia. Let's also pretend that you're the Hammerer, and that anyone who investigates you dies. Do you roleclaim on Day One or not?

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 30, 2009, 10:36:05 pm »

A question for you, Zai: let's pretend that this is actually a game of DF mafia. Let's also pretend that you're the Hammerer, and that anyone who investigates you dies. Do you roleclaim on Day One or not?

Good question (though not particularly translatable to this Vote Mafia with the current known roles). Probably. Or else I would heavily hint toward my being the Hammerer, as I did in the second (?) Paranormal Mafia when I was the Paranoid War Vet (who would kill anyone who came to my house, no matter what they were; I ended up dying while killing a Dopp) though no one seemed to catch my hints, or at least the scum didn't.

In a more relevant example: If I had a role such as the Vengeful Voter from VM2, I would have claimed it on Day 1 to ensure no innocents were hurt, as Leafsnail did. But TM having his random vote land on Leafsnail was hilarious and yet sad at the same time.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 30, 2009, 10:41:32 pm »

Good question (though not particularly translatable to this Vote Mafia with the current known roles). Probably. Or else I would heavily hint toward my being the Hammerer, as I did in the second (?) Paranormal Mafia when I was the Paranoid War Vet (who would kill anyone who came to my house, no matter what they were; I ended up dying while killing a Dopp) though no one seemed to catch my hints, or at least the scum didn't.

In a more relevant example: If I had a role such as the Vengeful Voter from VM2, I would have claimed it on Day 1 to ensure no innocents were hurt, as Leafsnail did. But TM having his random vote land on Leafsnail was hilarious and yet sad at the same time.

If that's the case, then it seems we play according to different philosophies. We're going to have to agree to disagree with regard to your proposed mass claim.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 31, 2009, 12:30:03 am »

Blah blah blah.  I can be arrogant because I am ultimate.  Who should I lynch?  Hmmm....don't get on my bad side.

Threatening all of the town isn't what I'd call a good answer Toon. But since it's really come down to it, I have to ask the stupid obvious question to you: From what you've seen thus far, whom would you kill and why?

Also, WA, what is the vote count and when will the day end?

Also, Mr.Person, thanks for displaying your thoughts more clearly.

And Diakron, Toony was scum in the first vote mafia. You weren't there though, and probably haven't read it, but defending a fallacy is a dodgy thing, just to let you know.
I'll get a Vote Count up in a second, and the Day won't end for at least 24 hours, if not 48, since I started yesterday, or something.

I'll leave it at 22 hours right now, and if everyone feels that is not enough, I can surely lengthen it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 31, 2009, 12:40:06 am »

Vote Tally

chaoticjosh - ToonyMan
Org - Frelock
ToonyMan - JanusTwoface, Diakron
RedWarrior0 - Free Beer
Free Beer - Mr.Person
Frelock - Mephansteras
Mr.Person - Zaithemaster
Diakron - RedWarrior0, Pandarsenic

I hope this is right. This is what happens when I get lazy.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 31, 2009, 05:43:04 am »

People who haven't voted:

chaoticjosh
Org
major_sephiroth

FoS!!!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #147 on: August 31, 2009, 05:49:51 am »

chaoticjosh and major_sephiroth both voted, they just unvoted again.  I don't think Diakron or Org has voted yet though.

It's entirely too early to be conscious, I'll be back later.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 31, 2009, 09:31:43 am »

Didn't I have my vote on Toonyman? I don't remember ever unvoting from him.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #149 on: August 31, 2009, 10:53:14 am »

Here:
Unvote

So wait, before I make any hasty decisions, I want to get this straight.

The infinity voter and the unlimited voter have what is essentially the same power, but the IV will trump the UV if they're both in play, and the UV can switch his around, and will only be negated if he actually manages to kill someone, at which point he becomes a normal townie with 1 vote?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35