Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Guess-the-event/thing game!  (Read 8554 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Guess-the-event/thing game!
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2009, 01:06:02 am »

Is the fourth one the battle of Samar?
Shoes...

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2009, 01:15:21 am »

1B is battle for Kiev?
1C is operation market garden? Battle for Arnhem? ( something with that bridge )

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2009, 09:34:42 am »

Update! 4 new pictures. These are a bit harder than the first 9 ones. I was just warming up.

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2009, 09:39:54 am »

Last one is battle of the Little Bighorn. I did a report on Custer in 6th grade.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2009, 09:40:27 am »

And 11 is the JFK assassination

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2009, 09:45:54 am »

Last one is battle of the Little Bighorn. I did a report on Custer in 6th grade.
Yes...

And 11 is the JFK assassination
And yes.

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2009, 10:53:56 am »

12 appears to be the Great Patriotic War (Eastern front of World War II).  With some of the Great Northern War in there for good measure, apparently?  Not sure what Peter I is doing in there.  Actually, Lenin was dead by 1941 as well, so I assume it's all symbolic anyway.  :P
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2009, 11:58:23 am »

I believe ten has something to do with black hawk down, but I'm not sure as to what battle that was.

Edit: Battle of mogadishu?
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2009, 01:20:22 pm »

Cthulu got battle off samar, asheron got battle for kiev and the battle for Arnhem/Remagen

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2009, 03:03:46 pm »

10 is the battle of Mogadishu, I believe. Damned idiots and political correctness.
Level the bloody country with a few Spookies, solve lots of problems.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2009, 04:51:19 pm »

12 appears to be the Great Patriotic War (Eastern front of World War II).  With some of the Great Northern War in there for good measure, apparently?  Not sure what Peter I is doing in there.  Actually, Lenin was dead by 1941 as well, so I assume it's all symbolic anyway.  :P
12 is close. It's a siege of a city. Lenin and Peter I are connected to the city.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 04:57:59 pm by Asheron »

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2009, 04:51:39 pm »

I believe ten has something to do with black hawk down, but I'm not sure as to what battle that was.

Edit: Battle of mogadishu?

Yes, Battle of mogadishu

10 is the battle of Mogadishu, I believe. Damned idiots and political correctness.
Level the bloody country with a few Spookies, solve lots of problems.
Yep.

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2009, 04:57:10 pm »

Ah, yes, the siege of Leningrad (Duhhhh, the city was originally named and founded by Peter...).  Suppose I just needed to look at something more specific.  ;)
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2009, 04:58:03 pm »

Spoiler: A Asheron (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: B (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: C Asheron (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: D (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 05:04:19 pm by Phantom »

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2009, 04:58:21 pm »

Ah, yes, the siege of Leningrad (Duhhhh, the city was originally named and founded by Peter...).  Suppose I just needed to look at something more specific.  ;)
Indeed!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4