Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The progress of the next DF update...  (Read 3550 times)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: The progress of the next DF update...
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 05:08:05 am »

That's why the US soldiers can gib enemies on one-on-one fights?

Damn. We need to develop our anti-personnel explosives, then :D

The much better training may also be responsible.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 05:18:22 am »

The better everything. Better training, better weapons, better armor, better equipment in general, better vehicles, better teamwork, just better.

But yes, the current range of ballistic vests are responsible for saving many, many lives. And ending many more.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2009, 05:22:08 am »

The better everything. Better training, better weapons, better armor, better equipment in general, better vehicles, better teamwork, just better.

But yes, the current range of ballistic vests are responsible for saving many, many lives. And ending many more.

My country's military has US troops training them. It's surprisingly very helpful.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2009, 05:26:28 am »

Actually, no. They have inferior faith.

And with that we shall end them. GLORIOUSLY. /roleplay.

@Vester: PHILLIPINNES is a US colony? *gasps*

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2009, 05:30:32 am »

Actually, no. They have inferior faith.

And with that we shall end them. GLORIOUSLY. /roleplay.

@Vester: PHILLIPINNES is a US colony? *gasps*

Used to be. Right now we're allies, so we have joint military and naval exercises with them.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2009, 09:12:58 am »

ALLYING WITH AMERICA MAKES YOU HER COLONY.

DECLARE INDEPENDENCE, NOW. OR YOU SHALL SUFFER THE SAME LIKE OUR CURRENT BUSH-BACKED AMBIGOUS PRESIDENT>

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 10:04:43 am »

BETTER US ARMY TRAINING?

It had to be in capitals.

you guys don't even know what training is! A British grunt has 6 months more training than their US counterparts do, not to speak of countries with mandatory service (Iran, Egypt, Denmark, Germany, Greece, China, South Korea, Mexico, Serbia etc). The ONLY thing you have is tehnology on your side. If Iranian troops outfitted in American gear (although many of your guns are British, and Russia is a major exporter of armour) fought with Americans the US soldiers would be wiped off the map.

P.S. I would like to see the US pick on someone with the same military technology as themselves. Kind of a "pick on someone your own size" fight.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2009, 10:06:21 am »

BETTER US ARMY TRAINING?

you guys don't even know what training is! A British grunt has 6 months more training than their US counterparts do, not to speak of countries with mandatory service (Iran, Egypt, Denmark, Germany, Greece, China, South Korea, Mexico, Serbia etc). The ONLY thing you have is tehnology on your side. If Iranian troops outfitted in American gear (although many of your guns are British, and Russia is a major exporter of armour) fought with Americans the US soldiers would be wiped off the map.

P.S. I would like to see the US pick on someone with the same military technology as themselves. Kind of a "pick on someone your own size" fight.

Better training than Filipino soldiers. :D

I don't think America's been in a fair fight since the 1940's, honestly.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2009, 10:09:21 am »

BETTER US ARMY TRAINING?

Not to mention that they almost have this beserker mentality or something like what the japanese did, which is fight to the last and sacrifice all. I think anyways.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2009, 10:12:22 am »

OORAH!

Fucking idiots...:D
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2009, 12:58:17 pm »

Neruz : I also heard about an unofficial armor called Type V Dragon Scale or something like that. It was unofficial and not really reliable (will wear off after some time), but it was extremely resistant against gun fire.

Well, we'll never know if the Japanese were really able to resist the american final onslaught, but I doubt it. Seriously, it's not china. Demographically speaking, sacrificing soldiers for next to no reason with silly devices (suicide planes, suicide missiles, suicide boats, suicide torpedoes...) when you're a somewhat small, isolated island and when you're fighting against the rest of the world doesn't look like a great idea.

Having fanatic soldiers is a nice feat, but if you don't have anything else to support it, it's just plain dumbass, like the suicidal monsters in many RPG which attack you en masse regardless of your equipment or level.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2009, 01:43:45 pm »

Type V Dragon skin, I think thats what you're thinking of.

The japanese suicide bombings where honour based, not really efficient, but they really struck at the morale of the Allied forces. A lot of soldiers apparently were unsure that they were fighting for the right thing because they saw the japanese willing to go so far for what they believed.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2009, 02:24:31 pm »

Fair fights are for suckers

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2009, 02:28:42 pm »

I don't think America's been in a fair fight since the 1940's, honestly.
Which is a pretty good strategy, you have to admit. :P
I think picking your battles so that you win them is pretty much the first bit of advice in the Art of War.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2009, 02:29:39 pm »

That's still the case today. A modern combat helmet today is made to stop grenade shrapnel. Any normal .22 rifle round will penetrate it all the way through. Ceramic armor isn't even made to fully stop bullets, simply to make sure that the bullet, if it penetrates, will only either leave a nasty bruise or embed in the muscle and not penetrate through.

Did you mean .22 or .223?  I know it's true of the latter, at least, dunno about the former.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4