Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: Dark Heresy - Session 4: Nurgle, mutation, and BLAM  (Read 35277 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy - Perhaps?
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2009, 06:05:17 pm »

On further reflection, count me out for now.  If you do use an outside system, I'd like to watch to see how things pan out (and who dies the bloodiest death), but I'd rather not bother for now.

If we proceed, and it looks like we will, summaries will be posted in this thread, including gory deaths.
Shoes...

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2009, 06:07:07 pm »

Hm. I got a Techpriest. From a Greater Forge World. Strange, because that is exactly what I wanted to play. (You can roll just about everything for your character. Which is the fun way of doing these sort of things.)
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2009, 06:07:39 pm »

Also, I have school. And usually go to bed elevenish weekends because I get very tired.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2009, 06:08:51 pm »

Everyone stay away from my kneecaps when I am dead!
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2009, 06:14:52 pm »

OpenRPG is a success! How do I make an Alias?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2009, 06:19:08 pm »

That reminds me.  One of the critical damage effects for rending weapons is getting your kneecap ripped off.  Can you imagine how much that would hurt?

Although, really, damage types and critical damage are my biggest problem with the game.  They're keeping it simple, but as a result some damage types don't make sense.  As an example, the Impact damage type covers bullets, buckshot, and blunt melee weapons.  This seems okay, but it makes some of the critical effects weird, for example:  you can hit a person in the arm so hard it explodes, sending pieces of bone and armor with enough force to cause damage, which makes sense with something like a shotgun, but seems excessive for a bludgeoning object, even if the attacker is a spess muhreen.

EDIT:  Org, I don't know, I'm gonna reacquaint myself with it and get started on setting up for GMing, since apparently I'm going to be GMing.  We'll make characters during the first session, since some people don't know how.

What times are people available, and who's definitely in, so I can get a list and a good time.

Also, what books are people acquainted with, so I can get an idea of what prepublished adventures I can safely use?
Shoes...

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2009, 06:20:37 pm »

None for me. I'm okay for any time within the next six hours.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2009, 06:24:48 pm »

I didn't mean right at the moment, I meant like what days and times you're available in the week so we can find a time for sessions where everyone is available.

Anyway, I'll start listing people who have voiced an interest.
Shoes...

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2009, 06:25:07 pm »

That reminds me.  One of the critical damage effects for rending weapons is getting your kneecap ripped off.  Can you imagine how much that would hurt?

Although, really, damage types and critical damage are my biggest problem with the game.  They're keeping it simple, but as a result some damage types don't make sense.  As an example, the Impact damage type covers bullets, buckshot, and blunt melee weapons.  This seems okay, but it makes some of the critical effects weird, for example:  you can hit a person in the arm so hard it explodes, sending pieces of bone and armor with enough force to cause damage, which makes sense with something like a shotgun, but seems excessive for a bludgeoning object, even if the attacker is a spess muhreen.

EDIT:  Org, I don't know, I'm gonna reacquaint myself with it and get started on setting up for GMing, since apparently I'm going to be GMing.  We'll make characters during the first session, since some people don't know how.

What times are people available, and who's definitely in, so I can get a list and a good time.

Also, what books are people acquainted with, so I can get an idea of what prepublished adventures I can safely use?
All Cain Books, All Gaunt Books, Xenos, Malleus,halfway through Hereticus, Space Marine & Ork Codice. I think thats it.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2009, 06:27:04 pm »

I've read just about every codex.

Cerej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2009, 06:28:04 pm »

I'm in.  I'm available any time.  I have read some of the "Shattered Hope" demo.  Specifically, I've read the rules descriptions and the characters, but not any of the scenario itself.

No contact with any other official WH40K books.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2009, 06:28:30 pm »

Also, Part of the IG Codex, Most Likely all of the Nid Dex, and part of the Chaos Codex, and both Tau and Necron. Forgot about those.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2009, 06:38:24 pm »

I mean Dark Heresy Rulebooks, not 40k Codices and fluffbooks.

Although, this is a good time to point this out.  Just because you know everything about the Tyranids doesn't mean your characters do.  Information on Xenos, heretical groups, and Warp Entities is brutally suppressed, and even knowing about some stuff is considered heresy if you're not considered important enough to know.  Even being members of the inquisition, you will most likely know little to nothing about affairs outside your home planet and the things you're taught(Unless your character would know such things.  An adept would probably know more, although it would be in your best interest to hide how much you really know, in case someone finds your enthusiasm for knowledge heretical)

This is good though, because it's not horror if you know exactly what's going on.  The first time a genestealer cuts through your teammate's carapace armor like he's wearing paper mache, you're likely to flip out and start peeing everywhere.
Shoes...

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2009, 06:41:24 pm »

I mean Dark Heresy Rulebooks, not 40k Codices and fluffbooks.

Although, this is a good time to point this out.  Just because you know everything about the Tyranids doesn't mean your characters do.  Information on Xenos, heretical groups, and Warp Entities is brutally suppressed, and even knowing about some stuff is considered heresy if you're not considered important enough to know.  Even being members of the inquisition, you will most likely know little to nothing about affairs outside your home planet and the things you're taught(Unless your character would know such things.  An adept would probably know more, although it would be in your best interest to hide how much you really know, in case someone finds your enthusiasm for knowledge heretical)

This is good though, because it's not horror if you know exactly what's going on.  The first time a genestealer cuts through your teammate's carapace armor like he's wearing paper mache, you're likely to flip out and start peeing everywhere.
Ohhhh........

I know. Never said I knew about ALL about them.

But what Ordo is our Inquisitor of?

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2009, 06:42:40 pm »

Demon hunters, I'd think.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20