Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Stagnant Water is an Item?  (Read 1323 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Stagnant Water is an Item?
« on: August 24, 2009, 05:55:32 am »

I just noticed there's all this stagnant water lying around my fort, and apparantly it's an item. What?

Interestingly; the Stagnant Water has "Grime Covering" on it, wut is this madness?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stagnant Water is an Item?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 05:57:43 am »

Scum growing on stagnant water?

TigerPlushie

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_DRAMA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 06:00:01 am »

Well, maybe... i don't know... Do you have injured dwarves, that need medical attention and care? In that case, maybe a water hauler decided, that he would really like to drink something by himself rather than taking care of his poor fellow and drifted off to the booze pile, dropping the bucket in the process.

The only time i saw water as an item was when ice blocks melted... but I think this might be another source of this interesting phenomena. If so, it'll eventually be cleaned away.
Dwarf cancelled making adamantium short sword: Strange mood.
Dwarf has entered a marital trance!
Dwarf has claimed a bedroom.

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 07:20:41 am »

Yeah it's water coming from a bucket.
Had an infestation of it aswell in an old fortress of mine ^^
Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 09:33:06 am »

I think that happens when someone sets down a bucket of water and then decides to use the bucket for something else.  The water stays there behind.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Elvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 09:55:48 am »

This is caused by hauling water to your wounded. The bucket holds 10 units of water, I think. But then only one is drunk by the wounded dwarf, and the bucket is then scheduled to be returned to the stockpile. Because water isn't accepted in a furniture stockpile, the water makes its way to a food stockpile most commonly.

It eventually gets cleaned up, but it's not a problem either.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 11:23:40 am »

DF water physics strike again. The water stays together in a clump when emptied from a bucket.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 11:34:34 am »

DF water physics strike again. The water stays together in a clump when emptied from a bucket.

IT'S ALLLIVVVE!!!

...Sorry, lost ahold of myself there, I'm ok now.   :-[

KG

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 12:28:31 pm »

It's been around dwarves, and you know how their hygene (or lack thereof) is.  I'm surprised that any of it technically still is water, actually.
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

SenorOcho

• Bay Watcher
  • Strategy Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 12:56:08 pm »

This also happens to your booze if the barrel decays. Seeing a pile of Dwarven Wine is a good reminder that you forgot to embark with a cat.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 12:57:39 pm »

Forgot? Who embarks with a cat? Metal barrels my friend, metal barrels and animal traps, death to the cursed felines!

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 01:06:50 pm »

Forgot? Who embarks with a cat? Metal barrels my friend, metal barrels and animal traps, death to the cursed felines!
someone who has problems with lizards or fire snakes in the booze-yard

Electronic Samurai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 02:43:43 pm »

Dwarf Fortress water seems more like Jello to me.  When dropped, it just remains there in a quivering blob.

AlienChickenPie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 03:02:01 pm »

Can the itemized water be picked up and used later? If so, this opens up new and exciting possibilities.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 03:52:54 pm »

Itemized fluids can't be messed with to my knowledge. They'll just get mopped up by a dwarf with the "Cleaning" labor.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.
Pages: [1] 2