Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sect - A browser based rpg game.  (Read 2043 times)

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sect - A browser based rpg game.
« on: August 23, 2009, 10:40:08 pm »

Okay, first off you boys get a link.

If you want to start with an extra thousand dollars and join my sect, register via this link

If you think I don't deserve a sectant, or you don't want a free grand, register via here

Sect is a text based browser RPG that is basically mafia wars but with a pretty good interface and a nice background. You go around in a post-apocalyptic world via menus, do various things, get people to join your sect so you can go do more things, buy stuff, fight people for their loot and all that. You get credits and experience from doing these missions, and when you complete a set you rank up and can fight tougher guys, so on and so forth. The more people you have in your sect, the more attack and defense power you have, and the max number of guys you can have is increased by five with every level up.

If you're willing to pay money (which some people are, strangely enough), you can buy new world credits and buy things like extra sectants from City Hall or a full energy refill or what not. Otherwise, you go around, log in once in a while, do some missions and generally spend around five minutes to do stuff, then go on your merry way to something else for the rest of the day. Plus, you can worship a dwarf god, and that's always good.

Alrighty then, here's a list of referral codes that y'all can enter to add people to your own sect once you join up.
Userpay: 24facc
blah28722: 7214fe
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 11:38:41 am by Xotes »
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sect - A browser based rpg game.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 09:19:31 am »

You have my interest, joining now.

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 12:44:28 pm »

Trying it out. I'm usually highly suspicious of multiplayer games, but I'm curious.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 05:32:11 pm »

come on peeps i need secants.

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 05:43:19 pm »

So is this basically outwar?

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 07:49:30 pm »

Is it possible for us to sect each other after having gone in through Xote's referral link?

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 08:14:48 pm »

You have to go to your profile and copy your invite code, then post it somewhere where other people can see it as it still works on those who are already registered. F'rinstance, http://sect.com/194b28 is my code. The letters and numbers after the slash is your particular invite code. So, www.sect.com is just a link to the site, but www.sect.com/insertletterandnumbercombohere is an invite code. By the way my name needs no apostraphes.

As it turns out I am horribly wrong, so refer to Userpay a few posts down and he'll set the record straight.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 11:06:39 pm by Xotes »
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 08:25:14 pm »

So if I posted this: http://sect.com/24facc
And people who were registered already clicked it, they'd get added?

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 08:27:51 pm »

Well, I just clicked your link, so go check. See if I'm there.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 10:26:55 pm »

So if I posted this: http://sect.com/24facc
And people who were registered already clicked it, they'd get added?
If your name is Nouveauk I just invited you to sect, if you go to seciants page you can enter a friends code. Mine is 5e8d19

edit: how do you sacrifics a sactent?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 10:36:54 pm by userpay »

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 11:12:33 pm »

I just checked the updates subforum they have, and as it turns out you gotta get ten kills in a day (it's reset every 24 hours), and then you'll be able to claim a loot box from your god with some random item inside. You can only make one sacrifice a day.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 12:36:46 am »

I just checked the updates subforum they have, and as it turns out you gotta get ten kills in a day (it's reset every 24 hours), and then you'll be able to claim a loot box from your god with some random item inside. You can only make one sacrifice a day.
So driving ten players down as low as i can counts as a sacrific?

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 02:29:41 am »

WTF, Russia has the most dwarfiest god I have ever seen... :)

Still, choosing Japan................. No, russian.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 09:16:12 am »

Everyone post their friend codes, Xote edit your first post to include all the codes.

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 10:06:58 am »

7214fe here
Pages: [1] 2