Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20

Author Topic: The Forumnite Trope Game!  (Read 34281 times)

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
Re: The Forumnite Trope Game!
« Reply #135 on: August 25, 2009, 08:42:43 am »

thats what this Topic are for!

who's next?

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 25, 2009, 10:41:38 am »

Might as well give myself a go.

Xotes:
Lurker.
Mediator.
Hey, It's That Guy!
Who Is This Guy Again?

Plus some others I cannot recall at the moment.

EDIT:

Such as Spell My Name With An S
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 11:37:23 am by Xotes »
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 25, 2009, 12:46:38 pm »

I've already done three list. I say someone do me!

[Kep thah jokes ta ya self, ya git]

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Glacial Eidolon

• Bay Watcher
  • Member of the Elves' Parting Association (EPA)
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 25, 2009, 01:58:42 pm »

I was going to make a hugely detailed post on how I will not provide information for any viewers about who their TVTropes is, but since I have time to spare at the moment I will instead make an even bigger, longer post.

Many people I have seen in my life have been rigid. Unmoving, unchanging: they simply went about their lives on daily rules. This is splendid for them, but when I began to feel that was my lifestyle I thought there was something... strange. What was the point of adopting a strict code of laws - specifically for yourself with no other point? The actual laws - intangible as they are - are exempt from this, as it'd be crossing a quite real moral horizon to actually disobey them consistently and without notice. So therefore, I began to think of possibilities. Strange as many of them were, I could see one... yes, this was the one.

Since then I have tried my best to maintain my procedures in the best of shape - flexible and ever-changing. When you specialize, that is all well and good - but it is not a long-term goal, nor is it appreciable. Therefore, by maintaining a loose schedule and way of approaching things you can then surprise others with sudden changes of heart without having to commit much. In so much, you can greatly raise your opinions about life because you are approaching the same circumstance from many different viewpoints. This optimism can improve blood pressure rates, prevent heart attacks and disease, and most importantly - make you more practical in your approaches, never taking a subpar way out of the predicament.

TVTropes is an ur-example of the positive aspects of doing so. Leading the charge is that every minute you spend there is increasing your knowledge twofold: supporting arguments are that it is an entertaining way to waste the evening and it will make you shrewder as you endeavor to figure out what other people's "aspects" are. However delightful this is to hear, there are also very real downsides. You begin to lose time you thought you had in excess; you suddenly find all your friends and family are slipping away; and perhaps most importantly, it becomes a little nagging fairy in your mind, no? You want to find out what one of your coworkers is like, so you look him up on TVTropes. This is, of course, a bad idea when your boss comes in, tells you you are supposed to be working, and kicks you out of his office to rot on the streets.

Therefore, we can assume that though TVTropes is beneficial it is too risky to misuse. Drawbacks abound, and it seems nobody is safe from the clock when TVTropes is present. And since I am fairly new to that kind of time management, I can only say that it would do me good to stay away from that site when I have reached my weekly quota of TVTropes time of two hours.

Since my quota was recently checked (though I HAVE heard nasty, untrue rumors that I checked the hypothetical device off prior to this to avoid further questioning - why would I want to avoid TVTropes when moderated?) I shall say that no further will I set foot on TVTropes to allow for petty trivialities such as finding what people are like. I can do enough of that in real life as it is - why should I have to rely on a static page to help me with that, however interesting? It is not a book, either: it is horribly laid out, with many sections crisscrossing like a spider who had brain damage and through some utterly contrived set of circumstances made a web that did not simply fall down at first rain - I believe I am talking for all of us here.

So, then, my answer is clear. That is the reason why I shall adamantly refuse to provide data for your sleep-deprived minds as you wander the endless corridors of TVTropes.org. I shall not die having done nothing other than look at a silly website.

Keep that in mind.

(As an optional sidegame, can you spot lie from truth in this post?)

TL;DR version: You are lazy: truly, a connoisseur of the arts of skipping over posts to see the ending! (Unless you have seen the whole thing, in which case I commend you.)

EDIT: Before anyone asks, yes, I was bored.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 02:00:32 pm by Glacial Eidolon »
I am perhaps the most successful troll ever because even though I do not troll others I troll myself successfully... and there are no rules against trolling yourself.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 25, 2009, 02:24:56 pm »

Glacial Eidolon : Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness or maybe Purple Prose, on second thought.

Cthulhu : Did We Just Have Tea With Cthulhu?

chaoticjosh : You Know You Read Too Much TVTropes When

inaluct : Sophisticated as Hell

I am helping!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 02:51:27 pm by kinseti »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 25, 2009, 02:26:58 pm »

None did toady!
Lawful Good

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 25, 2009, 02:34:45 pm »

None did toady!
Lawful Good
You have a rather high(Or low, depending on how presumptuous one is) ideal of Toady.

So today I created a test dwarf and he exploded into flames, as his flesh was made of a boiling gold. Whoops.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 25, 2009, 02:36:58 pm »

I need mah tropes already.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 25, 2009, 03:02:21 pm »

I have a few you can look over.

Edit: I wish I had a trope for every word in that sentence. Apparently, there is no trope for baseless threats.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Glacial Eidolon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2009, 03:06:34 pm »

Might as well give myself a go.

Xotes:
Lurker.
Mediator.
Hey, It's That Guy!
Who Is This Guy Again?

Plus some others I cannot recall at the moment.

EDIT:

Such as Spell My Name With An S

Religion of Evil
Blessed with Suck
Jumped at the Call
The Ghost
Overshadowed by Awesome
Always Second Best

Even though it's technically Captain Mayday's invention, your little niche in his story made me remember you. In that case you're better off than most.

Also, Duke 2.0 posted 2.0 of the same thing. Hah...!

EDIT: Luckily, deletion can cover that sort of thing. On second thought, it could've been a browser glitch.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 03:17:21 pm by Glacial Eidolon »
I am perhaps the most successful troll ever because even though I do not troll others I troll myself successfully... and there are no rules against trolling yourself.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 25, 2009, 03:08:51 pm »

My post was aimed at Myroc. Xotes gets a bit more respect from me because he doesn't constantly show off his nonexistent might.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 25, 2009, 03:21:13 pm »

Number 2 and 3 could maybe fit. Definitely number 1.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Glacial Eidolon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 25, 2009, 03:34:15 pm »

Number 2 and 3 could maybe fit. Definitely number 1.

Then how about:

For The Evulz?
Laughably Evil?
Minion with an F in Evil?

Two I could think of off the top of my head.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 25, 2009, 04:27:35 pm »

Someone got the balls to do WorkerDrone?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 25, 2009, 04:28:37 pm »

Workerdrone:
Badass, Nuff Said.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20