Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Risus RPG  (Read 15301 times)

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
Re: Risus RPG
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2009, 08:46:33 am »

didn't expect you to agree, so I'd prefer another character :)

Yeah, I kind of felt that she/it has a high potential for screwed-up fun.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That induce less nausea?
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2009, 08:55:03 am »

That's good :)
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2009, 02:23:03 pm »

Name: Sanger G. J. Jung.

Tropes Clichés:
Mathematican[5] (Calculating stuff, solving complex logic, giving answers that are 100% correct but completely out of touch with reality, correcting people, being to smart for his own good, understanding complex and counter-intuitive concepts, thinking outside the box so much that neiter the box the problem or the galaxy are visible any more, thinking himself superior to peaple who cant do university level math, being anoyed att having to teach)
Genre savvy[2] (fourth wall demolition, avoiding genre blindness mistakes, invoking tropes, citing TV tropes.org, metagaming)
Cook[1] (making food taste good, talking with an italian acsent, gormet tasting)
Artifacer[2] (Making magical objects, encanting objects, having his lab blow up, having a beard, being seculed, dresing in robes.)

Description: A somewhat young man trying to understand the universe, other universes, things not part of universes... He has goten furter than most in this quest.
His ocupation include doing math, reading, holding seminaries, trivialising the fundamental natruer of the universe by trying to talk to EagleV, and forging into embodymant things that are abnominations upon comon sense.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 03:06:01 pm by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2009, 02:25:45 pm »

Then do?
I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
- T.S Eliot

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2009, 02:45:59 pm »

Armok, I'll need a character, and regular posting ;)
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2009, 03:20:21 pm »

This is interesting. Let us on.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Long Live United Forenia!

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2009, 03:25:06 pm »

Space Pirate [effectively Jedi + Pirate] (3)

You do realize this won't be as effective as Jedi (3) + pirate (3), right?

metagaming

No.

Five starting characters, we'll start from the moment GM finds that certain file...

Players who are interested can still join, maximum 8 total at any given time.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 03:31:41 pm by EagleV »
*WHACK*

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2009, 03:29:20 pm »

Space Pirate [effectively Jedi + Pirate] (3)

You do realize this won't be as effective as Jedi (3) + pirate (3), right?
Hmmn.
Never mind.

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2009, 03:36:24 pm »

I see where this is gonna lead.

Me and NewerMartianEmperor will team up. I'll use my undeadness to assist him in summoning cthulu. In return, he will use a fusion of magic and science to regenerate my body.
- T.S Eliot

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2009, 03:57:32 pm »

There are, other than those described in the first post, no rules, so do whatever you like. Keep in mind however that I don't have much rules to follow either, so don't try and screw up.

There will be a limit of 48 hours on every turn, unless everyone agrees to 24 hours, then I will change it the next turn.

Every character not posting during a turn will follow the group and do nothing of interest, during a fight they will use their most appropriate cliché, even if that means death.

Turn 1 starts now. Post your actions, next turn will start 11 pm, 25th of August, gmt+1.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 04:18:58 pm by EagleV »
*WHACK*

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
Re: Risus RPG: Turn 1
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2009, 04:13:22 pm »

Gary looks at the old man. He is deep in thought...

That crystal might be just what I need! Rejuvinating my body is a good cause, obviously!

He grins at the old man, a decaying thing with too much teeth.

"Ya got yerself a deal, matey! I'll need a shooter, some powder, bullets aaaaaaaand...."

He looks down at the rusted junk that used to be his proud blade, another victim of decay.

"..A new sword."
- T.S Eliot

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2009, 04:47:06 pm »

I look at the man.

"I'm in. But I'll need me a new staff, some test tubes, a good six-shooter, and one of those old western hats."
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2009, 04:48:31 pm »

I observe the obvious plot hook, realizing that no mater what id do I'll not likely end up joining this anyway.

"What is the location, and other properties of the castle, what obstacles will we have to face in order to get there, and do you posses any other exposition about this plot?"
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2009, 02:33:40 am »

Hmmn.
The aforementioned crystal might be worth a buck on the open market. Perhaps enough buck to lift off this low-tech planet.
Or at least enough buck to get me some goons.
Better goons than these goons, anyway.
Stupid goons.
"I'm in. Get us some triple C fusion batteries and a decent hat, and I'll be ready to go!"
"What is the location, and other properties of the castle, what obstacles will we have to face in order to get there, and do you posses any other exposition about this plot?"
"Dammit Sanger, why do you have to be so difficult about these things? Life ain't a game. There isn't an plot. An' you know the roads round here are safe. Why, this poor old man is probably just some crazy bum who's heard an old legend from his mam and thinks it's real"

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2009, 02:39:34 am »

"Right. You know, I'll also need some kind of scientific chemicals."
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8