Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Risus RPG  (Read 15293 times)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: Risus RPG: Turn 1
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2009, 11:27:31 am »

I would like to try and get in on this, since I believe you said there was still room.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hope that works in some general sense.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 05:24:52 pm by tehstefan »
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2009, 02:25:45 pm »

You can join, just post something about you joining the group whenever you see fit :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 05:19:55 am by EagleV »
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2009, 05:26:09 pm »

Something like this?

I overhear the conversation, and walk over, asking "Hey, there room for one more here? Sounds like you could use the bodies at least."
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2009, 08:38:14 pm »

The detective wandered around the tavern, slightly confused, while listening to the mans offer. After mulling over it for a second, he responded:

"Yes, well that's a mighty good deal your offering me there, yes I will join you in your endeavor. And once I'm done, perhaps you could help me with my own little spot of trouble?"

He examined himself, then realized he had several important things missing from his person. He turned back to the old man, gesturing with his finger for emphasis.

"I will need a magnifying glass, silver handle, a trench coat, plaid if possible, and a pipe with a supply of tobacco, if you would be so kind."

He then turned to examine his fellows... and shuddered. He hoped he could do it on his own, if at all possible. Some of them scared him witless, especially the undead one.

how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2009, 08:42:49 pm »

"Okay, full list of stuff I need: Two six-shooters, a cowboy hat, a cloak, a robe and pointy hat (stars optional) a staff, some of those old-time magic tomes, a lab coat, generic lab equipment, odd chemicals, and some beakers + vials."
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2009, 04:15:55 am »

I shall put the extra die in Space Pirate.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Can we bleeeding go already? Or are we going to sit here blabbing all day?"
Long Live United Forenia!

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2009, 05:21:40 am »

You don't make a list of equipment. You say what you want, and you hope you get it.
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2009, 05:25:26 am »

You don't make a list of equipment. You say what you want, and you hope you get it.
Well I should have most of that stuff already. Unless our characters are naked. All he might not have would be batteries and his hat. Which he's asked for.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2009, 04:53:35 pm »

Everyone has posted, so it's time for turn two.

Now, you'll have to convince the old man to buy stuff for you. I will use clichés as I think they would fit, please PM me if you disagree.

You don't have stuff to start with, to keep it fair.

Spoiler: Gary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: James (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Armok (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pyro (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nathan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gibson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)
Turn will be 48 hours minus delay, thus 47h and ten minutes, next turn is 11pm 27th of august, gmt +1 or est +6 (I think)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 03:27:09 pm by EagleV »
*WHACK*

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
Re: Risus RPG: Turn 2
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2009, 02:18:09 am »

"Yes, this will do quite nicely. Thank you, kind sir, we shall begin posthaste."

Taking the time to carefully don his trench coat, smooth out any wrinkles, and light his pipe, he began inhaling on it as he turned to his fellows. Palming his magnifying glass, he began to appraise them as he asked:

"So, what to do from here chaps?"

He would follow them once they reached a consensus on their plan of action.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2009, 02:30:16 am »

Blast, but that cloak is magnificent.

"In any case I say that we need some kind of transportation, possibly airship."
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2009, 03:17:58 am »

Ah-guh-buh-What?
What is this slab of metal?
Does this pipe thing use ammo?
I bet this 'sword' don't even have 'The Force' auto retrieval built in!
Bah.
"Thank you ever so much, old man. One question, please. How do you change the colour of this here blade?"

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2009, 07:53:30 am »

Added map. Also, My respect for everyone who ever GM'd a forum rp can only increase :D
*WHACK*

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2009, 07:15:25 pm »

Walking up to the man, I ask him "You think there might be a way you part with another sword perhaps? I need a weapon after all."

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2009, 04:19:23 am »

I'd like to join too.

Spoiler: Gered (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8