Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: The MUSE Rant - An Epic Band  (Read 4395 times)

Killas[SiN]

• Bay Watcher
  • [SiN]
    • View Profile
The MUSE Rant - An Epic Band
« on: August 22, 2009, 09:30:20 pm »

Hi people,

Im here to rant about Muse... One of the world's best bands.
Seriously, these guys are so bloody awesome. They are for practically everyone.
Classified as... Alternative Rock/Pop they utilize so many different influences and sounds in their music.

People have compared them to the likes of Queen, Depeche Mode.
Matt Bellamy, the lead singer, can sing in high as hell falsette and deep baritone.

I quote one Youtube commenter:

Freddie Mercury will be turning in his aids ridden grave.

Muse is a band with three faces. They have relatively heavy songs with kickass riffages and then they have their experimental electronical influenced sounds. They even have composed a freakin' symphony! You can tell it's awesome just from it's name: Exogenesis!

And that's not the best part...
THEIR SONGS ACTUALLY MEAN SOMETHING!
They also happen to sound INCREDIBLY AMAZING LIVE, they also alter the solos every time they play so EVERY LIVE EXPERIENCE IS FREAKING DIFFERENT!

Matt Bellamy's father was the rhythm guitarist in the band "The Tornadoes", who were the first British band to have a number one American single, "Telstar". Matt Bellamy started playing the piano at age 6, and is widely recognised as a modern day virtuoso.

On 26 September 2008, the University of Plymouth awarded Bellamy an honourary doctorate degree in arts for his work in the field of music...
Total Guitar readers voted Bellamy 29th on a list of the top 100 guitarists...
Bellamy's riff from "Plug In Baby" was 13th in Total Guitar's poll of the Top 100 Riffs above riffs such as Cream's "Sunshine of Your Love"...
(TY Wikipedia)

Here are some Youtube videos:

Matt Bellamy's Insane Magic Fingers

Dead Star - LIVE - AWESOME SONG!

Stockholm Syndrome - LIVE at Wembley - Tell me you can't listen to this version without your face melting off in pure badassery...

Map of the Problematique - LIVE at Wembley

Map of the Problematique - Studio Version - WOW! They both sound so incredibly awesome! Best live band ever!

Invincible - LIVE at Wembley - Epic song So inspirational.

Be warned, their live videos can be quite catatonic...
Seriously though, Matt Bellamy must traded his soul for such l33t guitar skillz.
Or he stole the Pick of Destiny.

OR... Maybe hes just the God of Music!

They have their new album coming out later in the year, and here are 30 second previews of all of their songs on the album. Seriously, it's epic, Undisclosed Desires sounds sooooooo funky, MK Ultra freakin' awesome and Exogenesis... well, no words describe them.

30 Second Previews of The Resistance Songs

Well, I rest my case.

end /rant/
You should make Korean pros into game-ending, SPEED:0 megabeasts.
A Jaedong appears at your fort.
DF: gg
DF has left the game.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: The MUSE Rant - An Epic Band
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 09:32:49 pm »

Have they ever embarked on a LIVE 30 minute long Jazz odyssey?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Killas[SiN]

• Bay Watcher
  • [SiN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 09:34:32 pm »

I don't think they have a Jazzy song... But they do verry funky ones :o
DF has left the game.

Killas[SiN]

• Bay Watcher
  • [SiN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 09:35:43 pm »

Seriously though, Matt Bellamy's fingers are like...
What is there to say? I reckon he has traded his soul for h4x0r music talent
DF has left the game.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 09:38:36 pm »

Dude. What is it with people and double posting. There is an edit button.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 09:40:08 pm »

Yes Muse is a good band (although I prefer Radiohead). But do you really need to start a topic devoted to it? I mean what is there to discuss? People will disagree with your opinion, but that is their right, everybody has a different taste in music.

Killas[SiN]

• Bay Watcher
  • [SiN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 09:42:13 pm »

Oh whoops sorry I forgot that I posted before...  :-[

Well you see, the thing is, I CANT WAIT FOR RESISTANCE!!! ARGHHHHH

I'm going crazy just thinking about it.

And yes, that completely ignores your question.
DF has left the game.

corvvs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 09:44:12 pm »

Matt Bellamy's father was the rhythm guitarist in the band "The Tornadoes", who were the first British band to have a number one American single, "Telstar".

THANK YOU! I heard this song on the radio years ago and have been trying to remember the name of it ever since! I keep coming up with "Dark Star" which leads me to the Grateful Dead... not a bad song, but not what I was looking for.

Thanks!

P.S. Never heard Muse, but I'll check them out. Before you make the claim of best musicianship in a rock band though, ever heard Dream Theater?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ-dNUOYNLA -- live performance of part of their awesome concept album "Metropolis Part II: Scenes From a Memory"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkF4JD2rO3Q&feature=related -- in the studio on their new album; somewhat different sound than their other stuff but freakin' awesome.

P.P.S. Checked out some of those videos - they sound cool, but you should check out Dream Theater and compare the two; especially the Metropolis Part 2 album :P
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 10:15:56 pm by corvvs »

Killas[SiN]

• Bay Watcher
  • [SiN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 09:51:07 pm »

THANK YOU! I heard this song on the radio years ago and have been trying to remember the name of it ever since! I keep coming up with "Dark Star" which leads me to the Grateful Dead... not a bad song, but not what I was looking for.

P.S. Never heard Muse, but I'll check them out. Before you make the claim of best musicianship in a rock band though, ever heard Dream Theatre?

You're welcome, always happy to help a fellow person (mostly).

Yeah I have heard of Dream Theatre, they are awesome, but if it's a question of guitaring and vocals, I prefer MUSE. :D
DF has left the game.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 10:11:16 pm »

I prefer Radiohead as well (and a good many other groups), but I agree that Muse is a good band.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 11:55:21 am by Helmaroc »

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 10:14:58 pm »

Anyone think we should have an "Entertainment" (sub?)forum, for music/movies/books?
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

corvvs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 10:17:35 pm »

I prefer Radiohead as well (and a good many other groups), but I agree that Muse is a good band...why does it deserve a topic in the General Discussion, though? I mean, I realize that a lot of 'not so on-topic' threads have popped up here since Various Nonsense was blocked, but still...just seems out of place.

This is the "Finally..." General Discussion, not the Dwarf Fortress General Discussion - this is the right place for it (unless an Entertainment forum were opened as thatguyyaknow suggests)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2009, 10:23:23 pm »

You're not a good band until you can go on a 30 minute jazz odyssey without a guitarist or a singer, and with a saxaphone player.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2009, 10:30:32 pm »

Huh.  I happen to be listening to my ipod (a rare thing, for some reason) when I notice this thread.  What timing, for a thread about music to show up when I'm on a music binge.  I'll have to look into it later when I'm not listening to other music (I can't just stop They Might Be Giants, you know?).
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

corvvs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2009, 10:32:59 pm »

Huh.  I happen to be listening to my ipod (a rare thing, for some reason) when I notice this thread.  What timing, for a thread about music to show up when I'm on a music binge.  I'll have to look into it later when I'm not listening to other music (I can't just stop They Might Be Giants, you know?).

They might be great, they might be lies, they might be great, great, big, big lies...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4