Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: Toon Mafia III - Day 4 - All Cheer For Humvees! - GAMEOVER  (Read 29302 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia III - Day 1 - Is That Dandruff?
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2009, 12:26:51 am »

Why are you trying to kill me this time?
Because you are the Mafia. It's quite clear in your first post.

Also, fire.

... You're still random-voting, huh.  Please don't ignite too many innocents on your mad quest for vengeance.
You'd know if it were a random vote. This is not a random vote. This is a real vote. I random vote when I need to but I'm NOT random voting you this time because this time you're mafia, and you're being really obvious about it. Just like last time.

Also, fire.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2009, 12:38:25 am »

Also, fire.

... You're still random-voting, huh.  Please don't ignite too many innocents on your mad quest for vengeance.
You'd know if it were a random vote. This is not a random vote. This is a real vote. I random vote when I need to but I'm NOT random voting you this time because this time you're mafia, and you're being really obvious about it. Just like last time.

Also, fire.

*sigh*

Unfortunately, I'm unable to clear myself, though maybe I'll be able to by the end of tomorrow.  I don't see anything suspicious about my first post, though I'll admit my Mafia-skills are sub-par.  I've seen others call people out for being overly-enthusiastic, so I was attempting to copy their random-voting strategy.  Maybe those players were actually scum, and I didn't check the endgame =/

I don't know.  Does that post look scummy to anyone else?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2009, 12:44:03 am »

Also, fire.

Also, fire.

*sigh*

Unfortunately, I'm unable to clear myself, though maybe I'll be able to by the end of tomorrow.  I don't see anything suspicious about my first post, though I'll admit my Mafia-skills are sub-par.  I've seen others call people out for being overly-enthusiastic, so I was attempting to copy their random-voting strategy.  Maybe those players were actually scum, and I didn't check the endgame =/

You don't try to clear yourself. You try to find scum. Your actions can speak a whole lot more than  your words. No, you do random vote. Mine is simply not a random vote. You know how to play mafia and you can't hide behind that beginner ploy or try to buddy with everyone. You know how to play mafia.

Also, fire.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2009, 12:44:48 am »

I think I'm the last person to post, which means everyone has posted.

Webadict: You're either setting yourself up to roleclaim a fake role that needs to say 'Also, fire' or something similar in each post, or you have a role that needs to say 'Also, fire' or something similar in each post. What is it?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2009, 12:52:29 am »

The problem with me shooting randomly is that I might pick someone who does not have a night-action, in which case my ability is wasted.  I only desire to confirm someone's townieness; it would break this game wide open.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2009, 12:52:57 am »

AAARG! SINCE CHEEETAR HAS POSTED I WILL UNVOTE!
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2009, 12:54:18 am »

Webadict: You're either setting yourself up to roleclaim a fake role that needs to say 'Also, fire' or something similar in each post, or you have a role that needs to say 'Also, fire' or something similar in each post. What is it?
That depends on the situation, doesn't it? I'd like to assume that it's to draw attention to myself.

Although, asking about roles is very bad, given that you're doing it. I don't know why you're being suspicious either. How very queer, I must say, and not in the homosexual way. I merely think that rolefishing is BAD and that you should NEVER EVER DO IT! Especially like that.

Oh, and here. Fire.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2009, 12:55:05 am »

Also, fire.

Also, fire.

*sigh*

You don't try to clear yourself. You try to find scum. Your actions can speak a whole lot more than  your words. No, you do random vote. Mine is simply not a random vote. You know how to play mafia and you can't hide behind that beginner ploy or try to buddy with everyone. You know how to play mafia.

Also, fire.

I know how to play mafia--to a degree.  I am trying to figure out what you think you are picking up on.  Maybe you find that maddening, but I am a person who wants reasons.

I still think this is a random-vote, because that is your pattern.  You attack people, you say you've got your reasons and you can do whatever you want, and what you're really doing is trying to gauge their reactions by pretending it's serious.

The only problem with figuring this out is that I have no idea what to do about it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2009, 12:56:26 am »

In either case, he would say that's his role, so what's the point in asking?

The problem with me shooting randomly is that I might pick someone who does not have a night-action, in which case my ability is wasted.  I only desire to confirm someone's townieness; it would break this game wide open.
Well, if you find out that somebody has no night action, that's a good sign they're town. This is ToonyMafia, after all.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2009, 12:59:20 am »

Well, if you find out that somebody has no night action, that's a good sign they're town. This is ToonyMafia, after all.

On the contrary, last game none of the mafia memebers had a night action besides the standard mafiakill.  So I would only have a 1 in 3 chance of hitting the one who was killing that night, even if I knew who was mafia.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2009, 01:06:08 am »

I'm telling you: You don't clear yourself. Everyone is guilty until proven innocent and never vice versa.

You're touchy on defending yourself. You quip hollow words, echoing through treacherous territory. Perhaps, don't give yourself away.

On the contrary, last game none of the mafia memebers had a night action besides the standard mafiakill.  So I would only have a 1 in 3 chance of hitting the one who was killing that night, even if I knew who was mafia.
That was last game. This one could be drastically different.

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2009, 01:07:45 am »

I'm going to vote Cheeetar for rolefishing.

Vector, I didn't do much for my first posts because very few people had spoken and I prefer to vote once more people have had a chance to speak.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2009, 01:11:15 am »

While I did address that to Webadict, I was merely addressing the question of what his role was to him. I was asking for it, but I thought I was making it clear that I thought he could be faking it. As to the rolefishing, whoops I wasn't thinking straight?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2009, 01:11:51 am »

That's true. I still don't trust you, but I can see it from your side if you're town. Of course, I can see it from your side if you're mafia, too, so I dunno.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2009, 01:12:06 am »

I'm going to vote Cheeetar for rolefishing.

Vector, I didn't do much for my first posts because very few people had spoken and I prefer to vote once more people have had a chance to speak.
Is that all you're voting for?

Also, you will notice the distinct lack of the words fire in my last post.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20