Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20

Author Topic: Toon Mafia III - Day 4 - All Cheer For Humvees! - GAMEOVER  (Read 29340 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia III - Day 1 - Is That Dandruff?
« Reply #105 on: August 25, 2009, 08:10:28 pm »

If you want to lynch me for jumping, then I can't blame you.  I was acting pretty nervous yesterday.

I am, however, going to stick to my current vote.  There's something deeply fishy about OverlordFT.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 25, 2009, 08:48:24 pm »

Unvote, switch to Vector. I'm sure at least one of them is Mafia, so....

Why are you sure that one of them is mafia? Overlord looks like he's playing like last game (stupidly, yes, but he was town then), and Vector looks like a beginner being subjected to the full force of webadict and jumping from it. Not saying that they aren't mafia, just that I haven't seen the evidence for it yet, and thus am holding off on voting.

I will say Vector's lack of defense is a bit suspicious, though.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2009, 10:18:14 pm »

Vector looks like a beginner being subjected to the full force of webadict and jumping from it. Not saying that they aren't mafia, just that I haven't seen the evidence for it yet, and thus am holding off on voting.

I will say Vector's lack of defense is a bit suspicious, though.

Sorry, I was off being exhausted and hungry, but now I am brimming with cheesecake and am actually capable of (semi-) coherent speech.

For those who wanted a defense:

I can't really provide any conclusive proof as to my innocence, given that it is only day one, but I can provide reasons for my main suspicious behaviors--that is (as far as I know), moving my vote all over the place and overreacting to webadict's vote.  General exhaustion and stress over the past couple of days were a major part of both, though I realize that does not forgive erratic behavior.

Vote-moving was partially because I kept forgetting basic things, such as who I was voting for and who was actually in the game (see: symptoms of stress).  It was also because I was online, bored, and wanted to get involved in the random-voting phase this time, though unfortunately I seem to have overdone it.

As Rysith surmised, I've already been jumped on by webadict once in recent history.  After the three-way grilling in Beginner's Mafia, I'm certain you can understand why I wouldn't want something similar to occur again directly afterward.

I will also state here (for those thinking I am feigning confusion) that I have no benefit to acting confused, given that people generally jump on me for acting noobish and for asking too many stupid questions.  The point here is to learn how to play Mafia better, not get myself killed because I can't alter a losing strategy.

Yes, I realize I am no longer a virgin to Mafia and thus cannot expect everyone to hold my hand.  So, a shorter, snappier, not-so-defensive version...

For those who were wondering why I wasn't defending:

Quote from: webadict link=topic=40802.msg724846#msg724846
You don't try to clear yourself. You try to find scum.
[/quote

I've found some scum.  I think it's OverlordFT.  Let's lynch him and find out.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2009, 12:56:17 am »

Yes I do like omelets,but I also like chicken with sweet & sour sauce.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 26, 2009, 01:28:41 am »

For those who were wondering why I wasn't defending:

Quote from: webadict
You don't try to clear yourself. You try to find scum.

I've found some scum.  I think it's OverlordFT.  Let's lynch him and find out.

While you certainly shouldn't spend most of the time proving your own innocence, if someone asks you to explain your actions you should.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

overlordFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 26, 2009, 04:45:17 am »

Vector, what makes you think i'm scum?

P.S turns our i'm not leaving for another 2 days. >.<
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 04:47:07 am by overlordFT »

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 26, 2009, 04:52:21 am »

A double lynch doesn't seem too useful at the moment so I'm going to vote for OverlordFT. So far he's done very little scum hunting and he's not even defended himself. Vector does seem to be suspicious but not enough for me to vote for him yet.

overlordFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 26, 2009, 07:17:33 am »

Bah

I just remember my role dosen't let me get lynched ^_^
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 08:06:49 am by overlordFT »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 26, 2009, 08:14:38 am »

Overlord:

NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
edit your posts. EVER.

overlordFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 26, 2009, 08:26:39 am »

EVER?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 26, 2009, 08:33:50 am »

Never.

Bah

I just remember my role dosen't let me get lynched ^_^

1. That is a little bit too convenient, don't you think?  Heat goes on you and suddenly you go "Oh, haha, you can't lynch me!!" *smilesmile*

2. You bandwagoned on webadict's attack against me and my little fumble

3. You failed to provide any sort of reasoning behind your bandwagon

4. You have been generally unproductive, and your only contribution to the conversation has been said bandwagon

5. You did not answer my investigative question way back when.  Here it is again:

Why did you show up enough to say hi, but abstain from voting?

Don't try to pull a Xegeth.  He's actually reasoned some things out and tried to defend himself.

overlordFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 26, 2009, 08:37:54 am »

Wait, so your complaining about me bandwagoning, and me not voting. both at the same time?

I voted for you because I suspect you, not because of bandwagon.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 26, 2009, 08:42:17 am »

Wait, so your complaining about me bandwagoning, and me not voting. both at the same time?

Ah, no.  I'm sorry, that may have been unclear.

I am complaining because your only vote was a bandwagon with no reasoning behind it.

"I think he looks suspicious because he looks scummy" is like saying "A, therefore A."  I mean sure, you may think A, but thinking A means nothing in a vacuum.

... I hope that helps, though it may just be more confusing.

overlordFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 26, 2009, 08:50:23 am »

Ah, no.  I'm sorry, that may have been unclear.

I am complaining because your only vote was a bandwagon with no reasoning behind it.

"I think he looks suspicious because he looks scummy" is like saying "A, therefore A."  I mean sure, you may think A, but thinking A means nothing in a vacuum.

... I hope that helps, though it may just be more confusing.

You were scummy because of your quick voting at the start without reason.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 26, 2009, 09:07:55 am »

You were scummy because of your quick voting at the start without reason.

Ah, you mean the fact that I random-voted a lot in the beginning?

1. Without reason: Look, it's the random-voting period.  Without it, no one gets anything done.

2. Quick voting: have you ever been really stressed?  It tends to make people jumpy.  I was also at my computer and sick of playing Baldur's Gate II, so I figured I might as well play some Mafia.  Unfortunately, I got a bit too excited about it.

Also, why didn't you say this earlier, when people started accusing you of following webadict?  Was it perhaps because you didn't know why I was suspicious, and needed Xegeth to explain what I had done incorrectly?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20