Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Search for the Necronomicon! Of Doom! And Madness!  (Read 3924 times)

Killas[SiN]

• Bay Watcher
  • [SiN]
    • View Profile
Re: Search for the Necronomicon! Of Doom! And Madness!
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2009, 04:49:39 am »

You, of course.
You should make Korean pros into game-ending, SPEED:0 megabeasts.
A Jaedong appears at your fort.
DF: gg
DF has left the game.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2009, 04:52:00 am »

(But doesn't your character think I'm dead?)
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Killas[SiN]

• Bay Watcher
  • [SiN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2009, 04:56:10 am »

He is... An agent of those that we are not supposed to know.
Caino knows many, many secrets.
DF has left the game.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2009, 05:08:32 am »

I turned to face the sound of a voice, familiar to me. I saw it was none other then that bastard Caino.

"My life's already in danger and there's no such thing as a soul."

(Note: There are no greater powers who are sympathetic to humanity in this setting. That does not mean that they don't hate each other, though.)
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Killas[SiN]

• Bay Watcher
  • [SiN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2009, 05:16:05 am »

Sympathetic? Who is to say that we are not just pawns, being manipulated at their every whim?
Think 'Lucien Lachance', but farrrrr more mysterious.

I grin, slightly pleased that he recognises me.

"A soul... Can be many things. But, I have answers for your questions, which you will ask in due time when you go waltzing off to death. But... There are greater forces at play here than you and I. No need for arguing, just come with me."

I don't expect him to listen to my advice.

DF has left the game.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2009, 05:22:26 am »

I would have ignored him, and gone off to get my revenge. But I had no idea where they were now, as their previous place of residence was now nothing more then another burnt-out shell in the decaying slums of the city.

"Very well then."

So I followed him, and I watched out surrounding. The things at work here cannot be understood by mortal man, but that shall not stop me from destroying their pawns, and stopping their work.

Oh no... It's happening again.... my joints are -JANBAJFGGAGFBBLLLL*splatter*

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2009, 06:03:08 am »

Went to buy a gun. Children on the street, dancing futilely under the water of a broken fire hydrant. They'll grow up, their dreams and hopes maybe turning into reality, maybe not. They'll die leaving no lasting impression. In less than two thousand years, a blink of an eye, nobody will remember them.

Little bastards.

Come to think of it, nobody's going to remember me either. They'll come back. Resting, sleeping then waking. They'll come back. The world will die, mankind will know a new kind of pain.

One involving tentacles. At the very least.

Man wouldn't sell me a gun. Said I was shaking, looked like a ghost. Also something about a waiting period. I could be dead, devoured by eldritch abominations tomorrow. I'd hate to think I'd die without a fight, just another snack. He tried to sell me a switchblade. Better than nothing he said. No. no it isn't.

Stopped off in a diner and bought a chicken salad. Waitress said I looked pale as well. I'm headed somewhere tomorrow. I'll figure out where later. Probably England. It's not like I have a job anymore.

Huh. Kinda sounding like Rorschach there. Oh well, I'll work on it. And no, you aren't getting a name.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2009, 06:09:55 am »

(Is that in the past, or the present?)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2009, 06:12:21 am »

Present. One thing I know about the stories is that people have the ability to write as horrible things happen to them.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2009, 06:22:31 am »

Oooh dear god... my joints have gone off again. That was painful, and now I'll have to clean up all my things. Again. Why the hell did this have to happen to me? Anyway, that Caino guy disappeared, and I've gone into town. Sitting in a diner now and- wait, that's that guy from the university! He's just left, and I have to let him know that his life is in danger!

*Chester catches up to Jackrabbit's character outside the diner*

"Sir, I have something of grave importance to tell you!"

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2009, 06:27:00 am »

Being molested by a man with half a head of hair, popped eyes and something disturbing going on with his appendages. I really don't know if I should listen to him.

Hold on, he's looking at me funny. Maybe I shouldn't be writing whilst being talked to. I wish I had a gun.

"Yes? What? I don't have any change on me, I'm sorry."

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2009, 06:34:43 am »

(The eye thing, as well as the hair were hallucinations, and he's wearing standard detective clothing, covering all his joints. His clothes are actually rather clean, as they have been in the care of arkham asylum.)

"Sir, are you the man who was assisting the librarian exactly one month ago today, at Arkham University? we were there to see the books that one Professor Mortimer had donated just before his death. If you were, and I am fairly certain that you are, there are many things that you have to be told."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2009, 06:49:20 am »

Huh. The man seems sane now. I wish I had an eraser. How did I see that? Am I going insane so soon?

Wait. What did he say? Oh man, was he an inmate? Is he stalking me? Sh- he's looking at me again.

"Uh... Y-yes. Yes! I am. I am he. That is, that person. Uh. You want to tell me something? Could we talk in my office? I'm feeling exposed."

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2009, 06:55:15 am »

Oh no, it's happening already. Damn, those people work fast. Too fast. Soon something terrible is going to happen. He already looks pale, and weak. I'd better get him something to defend himself, like a gun, perhaps.

"That would be a pertinent course of action. Let's go."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2009, 07:02:05 am »

((gonna sleep now, sorry))
Pages: 1 [2] 3