Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Win  (Read 3570 times)

CautionToTheWind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Win
« on: August 21, 2009, 06:07:19 pm »

From http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076759/trivia

At one point, George Lucas planned for the characters of Luke Skywalker and his aunt and uncle, to be dwarves.

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
Re: Win
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 06:33:14 pm »

I can imagine how that would have gone in the scene where the Empire comes after them.

"Okay, we have to take out these two people.  How hard could this be?"

"Is that... magm- AAARGH!"

Urist McBadaim, Stormtrooper has died in the heat.
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 08:27:49 pm »

And I guess the Death Star was a planet sized magma cannon...or possibly an almighty wagon.

At one point in the scripting process, the Force was a large crystal or galactic holy grail called the 'Kyber crystal'.

Incidentally, the HFS also existed. :P

At one point, George Lucas had planned the character of Han Solo to be a huge green-skinned monster with no nose and gills.

And apparently while Luke Skywalker was a dwarf, Han Solo was Frog Demon.  What was Chewbacca?  A fuzzy carp?  Admiral Ackbar was a carp...

On the first day of filming in the deserts of Tunisia, the country experienced its first major rainstorm in 50 years.

HA!

Industrial Light and Magic (ILM) spent most of the production period in chaos, attempting to create special effects that had never been created before. They blew half their budget on four shots which George Lucas rejected. Ultimately, around $5,000,000 of the $8,000,000 budget was spent by ILM.

You know, the more I read that page, the more I realize the George Lucas' original story clearly was actually a move about Dwarf Fortress.

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 08:31:16 pm »

I can imagine how that would have gone in the scene where the Empire comes after them.

The stormtroopers report back to Darth Vader:
Vader:  "Is it done?"
Stormtrooper: *Slightly Insane Look* "So... many... cats...!"
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

yuhhaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 10:07:51 pm »

The stormtroopers report back to Darth Vader:
Vader:  "Is it done?"
Stormtrooper: *Slightly Insane Look* "So... many... cats...!"
Vader: What's wrong with so many cats? You've seen so many clone-splosion before and you still afraid of cat-splosion??  ;D

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 12:06:59 am »

After a fateful meeting with with "Darth Vader" Skywalker, Elite Swordsman

"Luke" Skywalker, Swordsman

Head
Neck
Back
Spine
Chest
Left arm
Left hand
Right arm
Right hand
Waist
Left leg
Left foot
Right leg
Right foot

"Luke" Skywalker has learned of his father's whereabouts
"Luke" Skywalker has learned of his father's corruptness
"Luke" Skywalker has gone melancholy
"Luke" Skywalker has fallen down a chasm
"The Leader of Rogue" team has fallen

Heh, add to it; in order to destroy the Death Star, a well placed cat must be flung into the core.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 12:28:02 pm by Itnetlolor »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 12:12:31 am »

"Red 5 you turned off your targeting computer whats wrong?"
"I will use martial trance!"
You take off the targeting computer
The flying +Magma Torpedo+ hits the Death Mountain in the exhaust vent!
It explodes in fire!

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 12:27:05 am »

Wait, if Star Wars is now in the Dwarf Fortress universe, obviously the Sarlac is the tentacle demon, but what does that make the Huts, and the Ewoks?
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 01:02:00 am »

Wait, if Star Wars is now in the Dwarf Fortress universe, obviously the Sarlac is the tentacle demon, but what does that make the Huts, and the Ewoks?
Kobolds.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

tigrex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 01:21:19 am »

The first person to build the Death Star in DF out of obsidian, with a huge magma cannon, will be legendary.

Rutilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 07:39:14 am »

Slugmen and kobolds, obviously.

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 04:33:55 pm »

The first person to build the Death Star in DF out of obsidian, with a huge magma cannon, will be legendary.

Firstly, I'll need an embark the size of a small moon. Then we'll talk again. Oh, and one of those computers NASA uses.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2009, 04:41:49 pm »

Firstly, I'll need an embark the size of a small moon. Then we'll talk again. Oh, and one of those computers NASA uses.

Of course it needs to be held up by a single support. This support is only accessible by a vent with no covers on it.

Although I suppose collapsing it would be beyond even NASA computers.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2009, 05:25:47 pm »

Of course it needs to be held up by a single support. This support is only accessible by a vent with no covers on it.

Although I suppose collapsing it would be beyond even NASA computers.

Nah, just disable cave-ins in the init. Until some rebels come along and drop something in said vent. Then save, re-enable and load.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2009, 07:38:20 pm »

Less I'm remembering wrong, NASA uses old computers. Old reliable's better than new flaky, in their opinion.

Now, a meteorological computer on the other hand...
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Pages: [1] 2 3