Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse Survival RP  (Read 8162 times)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival RP
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2009, 07:52:59 pm »

-Look around for stuff I can use for making barricades.
"Hi guys! I'm Cuchullain. You can call me Lain. What d'ya think we shud do?"
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2009, 08:06:42 pm »

((Strife (the trench-coated hero one) uses a modified M-14 (it's actually branded a KM-14) as his preferred weapon. And has been for years.))

Inner monologue:
"Okay then. I'm Cheesemaker of Fargo, ND. There were zombies last night, but I survived. I'm clearly not in Fargo, and I don't remember leaving. I'm going to have to conclude that this is some damned Rapture-like forum game. Damn. Why the bloody hell wasn't I smart enough to pick the real Strife for the bloody thing? Now, philosophical ponderings about weather or not this is real, fake, or some sort of alternate reality won't keep me alive. Although I wonder if it's one of those stat based ones or a pure RP. God, I hope it isn't a RTD. That'd suck. A lot. I'm missing most of fucking kit right now, which is no good. Looks like there are five of us total, which is about right for a forum game. Cheesemaker, you've got to leave those thoughts aside. Focus on the primary goals. Life, Country, Humanity, Comrades, Honor. My first priority is my house. Is it my real house? If it is, I'm sure that I can get the rest of my preplanned kit together. If not, I'll now that something is up. I'll have to introduce myself as well, I guess. They'd all assume that I was crazy if I told them this, but it might be good for them to know. Maybe later, I guess. We'll need a coordinated plan. I'm thinking that a three-two grouping would be best."

"Hello everyone. I'm Cheesemaker. We seem to find ourselves inside of a zombie apocalypse. I've done a surprising amount of preparation into this, so here is what I think we should do. Two people will start looting the place, starting with my house. If it's actually my real-world house, I can get the rest of my kit, which would be nice. Otherwise, it tells us something interesting about this world. I think that the other four should be picking the sturdiest looking house and starting our fortifications. We'll want a stronghold for when they come back."

((No actions until we have some more discussion. Cooperation is everything! Also, how long is a turn? A whole day? A few hours?))
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2009, 08:10:53 pm »

"My name is John Ryker, I fought in other countless outbreaks, I usually worked as a riot guard before the zombies. My M14 was from vietnam, went their on a tourist vacation and it was being sold there, im great at headshots, and im basically a Phantom."
"Alright, who would have the last name cheesemaker?"

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2009, 08:13:15 pm »

@Phantom- You claim the second story, which is a big mess, blood everywhere, furniture upside down. It really looks as if a war went on in here. You are now on a flat, empty roof, except for the hatch you came out of.  The teenager seems to ignore you.
@Jervous-You take the abondoned house to find that they were renovating when the zombies came, you now have 20 2x4 boards, a bag of nails, and .... no hammer damn.  After breaking into two empty storage rooms you finnally find one with 2 boxs of *insert funny name* cereal. You are now staring out the bedroom on the second story, that is right beside the stairs and an eerie looking closet.
@Archangel you find various sections of metal fencing, a few boards and a hammer laying in the middle of the street... how fortunate.
@Strife- you get a weird feeling the world is made up of turns that last 2 hours during the day and 2 hour during the night. Making 5 day turns and 7 night turns
Nom nom nom

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2009, 08:14:41 pm »

"Nice t' meet you. I suggest we use my house for fortifying. What supplies do we have? I've got some food and medicine. What about the rest of you?"
In case you haven't looked at my character sheet since I posted it, the bloke is a New Zealander.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2009, 08:15:34 pm »

"Fortifications? You even read the guide, Cheesemaker? That'll be temporary shelter, at best. What we need is to get a vehicle working, and enough supplies to make our way to the next town over. Or better yet, get out into the country. Start back up as far away as possible. 'Course, my wife and kid are out of town, so how long we'd last is anyone's guess."
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2009, 08:16:58 pm »

"Anyone up for a hunting party?"
John has an eerie smile. if you can see it through his bandanna.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2009, 08:19:50 pm »

typo sorry forget the jumping thing.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 08:23:08 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2009, 08:20:43 pm »

Irish cautiously hides his dog behind him.

"What we need first is to find food. Search the pantries in the houses, there must be enough to last us a week or two, long enough to get us hunkered down, or on the move."

>Search my house for food.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2009, 08:21:34 pm »

Is this you making Strife do something or is it something he suggested?
My full sig

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2009, 08:22:29 pm »

((I have a toolbox full of tools though, and isn't that teenager a different character?))

"I'm Damian. I've got a radio, toolbox, some food and this suitcase, which I put most of my stuff in. Hey, I'll check out your house Lain. I'll see if I can fix it up any. By the way, my two cents for a plan is connect our houses. We also should loot the nearest department store and look for any police stations for weaponry and ammo. Maybe even police cruisers or whatever shitty cars they have. I also know there's a gun shop in town so we could check there."

The teenager falls.

"Shit. What the hell happened?"

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2009, 08:25:44 pm »

>Look for wild animals to shoot
On second thought, I will live on the roof.
-Search building for tarp and planks.
"Can someone help me build a house on the roof?"
-Help teenager up, checking for the last bits of sanity in him
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 08:27:49 pm by Phantom »

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2009, 08:26:57 pm »

-Rush to the teen's aid, examining the injuries and doing what I can for him.
"How bad are you hurt?"
>Take the appropriate supplies from Damian and start fortifying my (1 story) house.
My full sig

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2009, 08:29:16 pm »

Damnit. I'm in a fucking forum game. With someone who felt like copying Strife. What was his name . . . I'd assume that it was that Phantom chap. Well, it's mostly a lost cause, but I'd best look at 'my' house. Damn. I'd best check my weapons load out, just in case it isn't optimal. Start with the bird maybe? This world has the M-14 at least.

"I'm looking at my house then, I've got to see how well this lines up with the real world. I've got two MRE's, for what it's worth. And the guide is mostly bull you know."

Actions:
Major, search 'my' house. If it actually lines up with my real life house, grab the rest of the kit (I'll assume that it won't just because my actual kit would unbalance the game somewhat). If it isn't, see what I can find that's useful, as well as anything that sheds light on the strange world that Cheesemaker has found himself in.

Minor: Reload gun, 4 Bird in chamber, two rounds of four buck ready.

Minor: Look around the city. What's there? What buildings look the best for fortifying? Do any houses have a Marine Corp flag on a flag pole (standing policy, finding former marines is good!)? Any flags for that matter.

Rules of Engagement (how I'm doing my actions)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Note that Cheesemaker is a play on my RL last name. Pretend that it makes more since. And yes, I do refer to myself by my last name in internal monologues.))
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2009, 08:33:11 pm »

Well, nice forum game, what happens if I tear down the 4th wall...
"I KNOW WHERE YOU ARE KILAKAN!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11