Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Human Fortress?  (Read 3855 times)

UristMcGunsmith

• Bay Watcher
  • "Shhh! My common sense is tingling!"
    • View Profile
Human Fortress?
« on: August 21, 2009, 12:54:54 pm »

Dwarf Fort noob here. Is there a human fortress mod? And if not what RAWs do I edit to achieve this?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Human Fortress?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 01:10:28 pm »

[CIV_CONTROLLABLE] in human civ entry, that is all.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 06:04:30 pm »

Also, if I remember correctly, you need to remove the same tag from the dwarves if you want to trade with them. Remember, humans are a lot easier to play as than dwarves because they don't need booze and they're bigger. The only problems are you can only use aboveground farming at first and you can't embark with stone.

UristMcGunsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 07:08:51 pm »

That's okay, I never bring stone anyways. And if I play as humans, does that mean I can start with 2 handed swords and above ground plant seeds? Or is it the same list as Dwarfs. Or can I even make 2 handed swords? And I wanted to play as humans just because I wanted to make city. Not a mountain home or anything, and not even a town. A big friggin city complete with paved streets, running water, public offices, a royal palace, a military base, and much more. All above ground.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 07:09:46 pm »

Yeah that works.

UristMcGunsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 08:31:27 pm »

Alright, it worked mostly. When I say mostly I mean if my woodcutters drop their axes they attempt to pick them up but fail, and continually do it. I think I remember this being a problem for the Kobold Camp mod. Also I'm growing Strawberries but they aren't being picked and are rotting on the farm.

Does anyone know what's going on?

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 08:55:49 pm »

For the axe thing, it probably means they're set to only use one hand for weapons. Go to the military screen, go to weapons, then change the 1 to 2 for your woodcutters. As for the strawberries, make sure you have somebody who is able to harvest. If you have it set to only farmers harvest, and your farmers are busy, you've got a problem.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 09:39:27 pm »

And a problem you might need to re-gen for: Humans cannot make giant corkscrews,and thus cannot make pumps. You need to add the tag in the entity stand file saying they can make the trap component giant corkscrews.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MoatMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 08:03:10 pm »

This actually sounds REALLY fun.
Spergs 4 life.

UristMcGunsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 09:29:05 pm »

I know, right? Only problem I have is I can't break out of my Dorfy routine. The first thing I think I need to do is make quick small housing, problem is I'm making a city so I need to make individual houses for all the people, and start farms above ground, and create housing for workshops, all things very alien to me. Not to mention that building houses takes probably 15 times as long as it does to dig. I have a feeling other newer players will have this problem too so I might make a small starter town (Something like 10 houses, a dining hall, baracks, and farm) so I'll upload that starter town for others having trouble starting out.

MoatMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 10:33:43 pm »

The first thing I think I need to do is make quick small housing, problem is I'm making a city so I need to make individual houses for all the people, and start farms above ground, and create housing for workshops, all things very alien to me. Not to mention that building houses takes probably 15 times as long as it does to dig.
Humans have miners though right? Or at least they could be modded in. So why not dig a quarry and make the houses out of stone like many ancient civilizations did. Or are you doing that already? I just assumed you where making em out of wood like the human civs in adventure mode.
Spergs 4 life.

UristMcGunsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 11:17:41 pm »

I am using stone, and making stone structures.
However I have halted creation of my city until I can figure out why no one is harvesting crops.

I did just realize however that I could have just as easily decided to make a cityh of Dwarves, saving me the trouble of modding. I'm not new to modding games, I absolutely love modding GTA games and STALKER and I appreciate how easy it is to mod things in this game.

Although somehow it's not as enticing as a city of humans.

MoatMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 12:22:57 am »

I am using stone, and making stone structures.
However I have halted creation of my city until I can figure out why no one is harvesting crops.

I did just realize however that I could have just as easily decided to make a cityh of Dwarves, saving me the trouble of modding. I'm not new to modding games, I absolutely love modding GTA games and STALKER and I appreciate how easy it is to mod things in this game.

Although somehow it's not as enticing as a city of humans.

Let us know if you fix it. It would be nice to know how to play as a human fortress properly. You might want to start a thread to solve the problem.
Spergs 4 life.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2009, 07:22:43 am »

Maybe a human community fort?

I've been playing humans for a while and all I can't do is make bows but thats a minor thing as I just ask traders to bring some.

I find it's better to make tower blocks instead of houses, yer it takes longer but it takes less space so I go for it.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

UristMcGunsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 06:35:01 pm »

So you've done a human fortress? Were your humans able to pick crops? Mine seem to try, they walk up to the crops but then walk away.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4