Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: WorkerDrone has gone Berserk!  (Read 4061 times)

Luckk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WorkerDrone has gone Berserk!
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2009, 12:23:07 am »

What is bugging you currently then WorkerDrone (besides this thread getting derailed repeatedly)?  I can't really help at all unless you say what seems to be the problem.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2009, 12:38:23 am »

Any number of things can be problems. This thread was about the problem of problems bugging me, irritating me, and making me less of a person you'd want to be around. Right now? Nothing at all is bugging me. You can't help me with things that irritate and annoy me, only I can do that by ignoring these things and learning to make exceptions for people. Though I already do the latter more often than not.

I'm asking for advice on methods for ways to keep from spilling frustration in the direction of other people and instead contemplating it myself and eventually eliminating the problem all together, but I'm also trying to be polite and agreeable in the respect that you people could suggest that I might also have a deep seated problem that I should ALSO contemplate, because I like to take all advice into consideration.

My stance on Josh's suggestion that I have some pent up anger to deal with, I don't actually agree with, but this could be classified as me out denying that it could be possible, therefore I accept that it IS a possibility, but do NOT agree outright that this is the problem.

But now I'm starting to think taking things one step at a time and slowly breaking down irritations to the point where they don't bug me anymore, and I have nothing to be derisive and letting out my trait dickery that happens to just be my personality. I like to think I'm not a bad guy, but I also don't like to act like a 'Nice guy', mostly because it allows people to think I can do something for them.

I can't. Because If I can't decide if I want to do something myself, than I most certainly won't be there all the time to help them. This makes me the more unreliable friend, but I like to think that since I let people know I'm not going to be there when you need me, only when I make myself open to being around to go somewhere or do something, will I come along with it. With this, I manage to act like a pleasant fellow, rather than as unpleasant as I paint the mental image for myself.

This is all besides the point. The reason I'm leaving this in the open is because ANYTHING at all could help me be an all around more pleasant person, and besides me making myself more applicable, if I let it be known all of the possible reasons to my specific problem, namely my frequently being a difficult to understand person with my ranting and my tactlessness, than its more likely someone can offer some helpful advice.

I usually attribute, like in the opening post, this to anger, simply because its a very simple emotion, and emotions have their place in a mental background and can affect me as much as a person other than myself could.

Anyway. I'm done posting in here for tonight. Its given me more than enough to contemplate overnight.

Cheers, everyone.

Luckk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2009, 01:27:38 am »

To be truthful, there are somethings you still should express anger towards if someone did something they shouldn't have since all letting them off does it let them know they can get away with it.  But like the others have said, having a hobby like firing a gun or something that is destructive in a non-harmful way is helpful.

You also could try avoiding the things that cause you to get angry (I am going to guess you already have tried this).  The only other thing I can think of to try would be to go out of the way to help people sometimes since it might make you more inclined to act friendlier then getting angrier.  That last suggestion is probably awful but I am way to tired to think of anything better currently

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2009, 09:54:06 am »

Oh ho ho, WorkerDrone the teacher.  What a funny picture.  I bet none of those kids would step out of land or suffer the conscience.

Helping others makes you feel more happy and more ignorant (in the good way!) if that's what you want.  I mean ignorant in the fact that you don't care if bad things happen, just that you're happy.  You have to ignore somethings if you want to be happy.  Hah!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2009, 09:59:32 am »

I don't think the word 'ignorant' has the defintion you're looking for. Try "unworried" instead.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2009, 10:09:24 am »

You're ignoring the facts though!  They don't disappear when you're in a good mood!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2009, 10:13:34 am »

What? What doesn't disappear?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2009, 10:19:40 am »

What? What doesn't disappear?

What makes you angry in the first place!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2009, 10:20:59 am »

I think some wires got crossed somewhere in that noggin' of yours.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2009, 10:24:07 am »

I have no idea what that means!  Let me look it up...

I can't find it!  :-/

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2009, 04:22:41 pm »

aloofness and passive aggressive nature of our society manages to piss off your "inner" you?

This.

Thinking on this, when I said that, I was referring to American society. I take it from your comment though, that Indonesian society is very similar?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2009, 04:23:51 pm »

Trends appear in every society.  All the same.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2009, 04:26:00 pm »

DEEP MAN, DEEP.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2009, 02:38:25 pm »

Due to some recent research, I have found out that the pent-up anger theory is bullpies.

Keep your anger inside, and it will wither and die. Never let it see the sun. I've learned to do that, I managed to go through my freshman year in high school without so much as yelling, pushing, or even insulting. I didn't punch pillows, scream at the top of my lungs, or break anything. I just began to take deep breaths, and imagined myself as a being without the weight of instinctual emotion.

Rather than complain about problems, I think about how to solve them. People think of me as naively happy, as though nothing matters to me. The truth is, I eliminate all reasons for me to be unhappy.

People often see me as an ass. I acknowledge that I am blunt and have a particularly abrasive personality, but I try my hardest to be respectful of others. Occasionally, someone will do something to end my respect, such as those who would actively detriment others for petty reasons. When that happens, I quickly and calmly express my pity, usually with predictions of our futures.

More often then not, they do not understand the psychological blow I just dealt them, and seem angry and confused. This makes everyone around them see them as pathetic, leading to ostracism. To be pitied by the least popular guy in school.

It's good fun.

Edit: In hindsight, Damn, I'm evil. I'm not in public school anymore, preferring homeschool.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 02:42:56 pm by Psyco Jelly »
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2009, 07:37:48 pm »

Actually, you're just a nerd who is trying to deal with it. You don't deal with it.

And the anger thing you said isn't suppressing it. It's making it go bye bye. Totally different.
When you bottle it up inside, it simmers, slowly. Like the giant column of magma that crouches underneath Yellowstone, one day it will erupt, taking the landscape with it.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6