Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: WorkerDrone has gone Berserk!  (Read 4066 times)

Luckk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WorkerDrone has gone Berserk!
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2009, 11:57:41 am »

Hmm, while I probably have no idea on this, to me it seems that the forums are your way of expressing your anger out since from what you said, it seems you don't express your anger out on others in real life.

Would this be the cause?  Probably not, but it could probably have some effect if you just hold in your anger without expressing it.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2009, 12:04:03 pm »

How can I possibly answer that when I didn't make the statement? Perhaps YOU are the one pissed off by societies frequent mistreatment of the philosophical dance people wish to do, calling it pretentious when it is simply idle thoughts leaving your mouth?

See?! I can get philosophical on you too! The point remains, I just don't know.

Really, its easier for me to say I'd like some better strategy for warding off bad vibes by something other than occupying myself.

Let's face it, I'm one lazy dude, I hate doing one thing at any one time. If I'm not committed to doing something, I'm prone to not touch it for either a while, when I please to do so, or ever again. This includes books, Television, writing, games, and even sports. So you guys would have to like.

Suggest a new activity for me to do every three days. Like. Painting a forest. With only one color. And no paint. Wait, no those sound more like silly challenges.

See these words coming out of my mouth? This is just idle ranting. I'm completely all over the place. Though that might be because I'm tired. That actually understandably contributes to me being irritated, but I don't want to get some sleep now that I have to go do some shit in an hour or two, or I won't remember to do it at all today.

Speaking of which, I'm done with the computer for now. I'm probably going to contemplate what actually makes me 'angry' or at least pissed off and mean spirited more appropriately.

Dunno how to describe my problem properly. Could be a deep seated anger, could be more of an mental obstacle. Either could be an obstacle of course, I'm just leaving this on a note that I am myself, also thinking of plausible answers.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2009, 12:20:14 pm »

Alright WD, sorry if it sounded like I was putting words into your mouth. I was just poking the porcelain rod to see if you were anything like me.

Good luck on your meditation.

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2009, 12:31:56 pm »

Solving age-old problems with yourself don't happen overnight.

If you really can't figure out what's making you angry right now, it's fine. These things don't come when you want them to anyway.

I'd suggest you try to remember the causes for anger when you actually experience them, then review them when you're calm to see what really irks you. Try not to be vague, for example:
"Joe was an idiot" should be "Joe failed to understand the simple instructions I was giving him".

I had this problem before, where I'd get incredibly irritated when interacting with people. I eventually traced that to people asking questions I had thought were already answered. Apparently, that was caused by my poor speaking habits (mumbling, fast talking, not facing the person). I got over it after I started minding how I spoke and just accepting that some instructions are just hard to understand for some people (these instructions were mostly computer-based).

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2009, 03:57:43 pm »

Oh my... Uhh... Poor little worky... I didn't know it was getting that bad for you. >.<

Well, if you wanna come off nicer I guess trying to find ways to calm yourself would be a good idea to do first. All it probably will take is to remain relaxed and not let things get to you, as from what I know about you worky you are actually a pretty nice guy. X3

Sorry I can't just talk to you on steam about this, but my ISP is having issues still. >.>
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2009, 04:04:18 pm »

@OP: Pretend to smoke an imaginary cigar whenever you feel pissed.  It's like, ahh.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2009, 04:09:04 pm »

People got to think of time to just take it easy, like me this guy.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ai Shizuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2009, 04:16:10 pm »

Are you an asshole only on the internet or in real life as well?
You don't have to fix anything by yourself if you are a dick in real life. Sooner or later you'll stumble upon someone who doesn't appreciate your humor. Will hurt for a few days probably, but your problem will be solved very quickly.

I'm new here and don't know you personally, so this reply is based exclusively on the description you gave of yourself in this thread.
Also, how old are you?

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2009, 04:50:16 pm »

As a fellow rage enthusiast who had a succesful bout with anger management classes, I'm going to make an educated guess here and try to relate to you.

In the eight grade, alot of kids flipped a lot of shit onto me. For a while, I was pissed off, 24/7, to the level where I constantly was nauseous and had a headache. Eventually though, I just didn't feel it. I thought I'd managed to move past it all, but I guess not, because bad things started happening during class. Violent outbursts, constantly. One second, I'd be happy, humming, reading my book. All of the sudden, without thinking about it, I'd just hit someone. Then, right back to my book. I wasn't even aware of it sometimes. I still had all that anger, but my emotions just sort of adapted to it. Like when you sit down and theres something on the seat. At first, you're completely aware of it, but slowly, you begin to care about it less and less. It's still there though.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2009, 04:53:01 pm »

Also, how old are you?
He is out of school at the very least. He said so earlier in the thread.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2009, 04:57:50 pm »

You mean forum, since I didn't say that in this thread exactly.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2009, 05:40:16 pm »

Smoke pot. You wouldn't believe how chill and relaxed it can make you, except when it makes you paranoid because you're 100% sure that a cop is going to stop you, frisk you and find your pot (it helps to not go out in public while high).
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2009, 05:49:36 pm »

We aren't allowed to talk about that, are we?

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2009, 05:50:16 pm »

find something you're good at and do it with other people. often.

my two cents.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2009, 07:59:28 pm »

Model rocketry. Purposely screw up, and make an epic explosion on the launchpad.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6