Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: WorkerDrone has gone Berserk!  (Read 4059 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
WorkerDrone has gone Berserk!
« on: August 21, 2009, 09:49:09 am »

So. It may come to some of your attentions already that I frequently, erm...well maybe not fly right off the wall! But uh, get a bit...explosive. Usually, I'm not the one to get angered by text itself, but It has become a habit of me to respond to people when I am either irritated or unamused with derisive comments and or mannerisms, and try and cover with wit and my general heavyheaded ways. This problem is just a kink in my personality. I'm impatient, and quite frankly I think people deserve little enough of it already. If I think something needs to be said, I say it, and usually if I end up going Ye Olde Post Most on their asses, I'll say something I'm going to regret, not *exactly* because I'll get in trouble for saying something out of hand, that's actually really unlikely, regardless of my unamused ways, as I try and be constructive with my tearing down of people, even when they raise ire out of me. If I can't muster anything more than a simple "Sod off." then I'll just say THAT and forget about trying. And then ignore them while muttering angrily under my breath. If I CAN (usually can) think of something, and its even easier when your at a keyboard, and therefore can think through what your about to type, I'll end up saying something that'll hurt people's feelings, and then I shall be sad.

And, yes, do note, this is not just constructed mannerisms for me I'm prone to when Online, people have mentioned they don't like arguing with me. Usually because I know exactly what to say to put them down, and of course, I immediately regret it, because I'm not a douche, despite my obvious Dickery, I am not a douche. I know what I say, and I will regret things, but its just how it works.

If you approach me with respect and set forth an issue, I'll happily talk to you on the same level about it without throwing around derision. Because of my impatience for everyone, if you approach me by berating me, showing little respect for me, and in general being as much as a  dick as I am, I will respond pretty much *exactly* the same way. Its just who I am I guess...

Obviously, this problem is becoming more apparent, because I've just noticed it coming up more often.

Because you folks seem pretty level headed, I'll just leave two things here to end this.

1: I deeply apologize (and now I can do this every six months or so to set right the many wrongs I've caused without resorting to many individual PMs) to everyone of which I have lost patience with, and or respond in a non-mature manner to. Heartfelt, if I have done you any legitimate wrong, feel free to bring it up, though THAT will probably just make me feel worse. OR angry, if that wrong was linked to you quote "being as big of a dick as me" and will only result in me getting more RAEGy.

2: I seriously need some advice. That doesn't involve going to...egh...Anger...management...classes. Honestly, if even a few helpful, even unorthodox, tips for REMEMBERING that I should ignore people who tend to grind my gears, and chill out when I feel irritated by something or another. It really is random what irritates me sometimes, It could be any number of things on my mind, and if someone proffers an antagonizing response, I'll only want to tear that person down for the sake of trying to get rid of some frustration or another.

Tl;dr

WorkerDrone is a very very very angry and impatient person, and he needs your help to make him...

Er...

Nice?

Nah. I'll never be nice.

Ever.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 09:53:28 am by WorkerDrone »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WorkerDrone has gone Berserk!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 10:22:20 am »

I don't think you've ever been derisive or argumentative towards me WD!

And in all honesty, people that are naturally blunt, but sincerely repentent of whatever harm they do is actually a good character to have around.

Don't beat yourself up, is what I'm trying to say WD.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 10:42:03 am »

Hi guys!  I'm here.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 10:51:33 am »

Toonyman, we shall give you attention somewhere else. This is Workerdrone time.

But yes, due to the fact that I have avoided religious and political threads like the plague I don't think I have seen too much of your rage. But as chaoticjosh said, the ability to recognize when you have gone wrong and apologize for it is a very good quality. Takes some balls to apologize sometimes.

As for anger management, I really don'
t know what to say. Everything made me angry back in elementary school, but after middle school nothing really effected me anymore. If you are a first or only child then it has been shown that they are generally angrier then successive children. That doesn't help solve your question though.

Best of luck finding peace.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 10:53:00 am »

I said what I said before so that WorkerDrone would punch me to relieve stress.

I think ahead.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 10:58:14 am »

Toony, making yourself into a punching bag will only make the problem worse. I'm not the sort to get angry, so I don't know how I can help.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 10:59:12 am »

Aww, who doesn't have fun punching ToonyMan?

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 11:04:24 am »

Duke, I appreciate that angle, but I've already thought of it, but the problem doesn't really stem from that.

It stems from the fact that I am also GENUINELY an ass. Really, the whole 'raeg' bit was for comedic affect, I'm not a very angry person, though using the words 'anger' is the best I can describe the affect I have. I VERY frequently get pissed off, a trait I describe as different from anger, but rather Ire itself, meaning a mood or transition from calm, a bringing out of ill-temper.

In fact, there's a GREAT way to describe my problem.

Also, to remind the fact, that school days be looong gone.

I'm an ill-tempered dick!

Anyone have a cure for that? *Inappropriate rimshot*

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 11:05:43 am »

Adopt a cat?  Care for something?

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2009, 11:07:41 am »

I care about nothing.

Except my dogs.

So yeah, a cat probably doesn't work better than the five dumbies in the backyard.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2009, 11:17:34 am »

Draw MS Paint pictures!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2009, 11:20:02 am »

Now, WD, I won't take any insulting stabs at what your life is like, but if I may, can I suggest that you might have pent up anger?

Now, you're talking to someone that has pretty much pent up every terrible feeling they've had since prepubescence, such that I'm probably nothing but a ball of solid misery on the inside, so let me tell you that destroying things helps calm me down.

Don't get the wrong idea though, I've only exploded a couple times, but I had one fit of rage that consisted of maybe 40 minutes of nothing but me kicking, and punching and screaming at the top of my lungs at everything around me. I'm glad I didn't attack anyone though.

Joining the NRA, might be good. I think they have shooting ranges that you can use to blow off steam shooting at targets. Buying cheap items at sales, and then smashing them up helps too. You might also enjoy hunting, or contact sports.

I know there's a business somewhere that let's people smash the crap out of things for a time, I can't remember the name though.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2009, 11:21:54 am »

Firing a rifle is really fun, but umm......it could make you even more angry if you keep missing.   ::)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2009, 11:34:12 am »

I resent that truth ToonyMan! So I'm not a great shot. So I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn...

So if you gave me a bazooka and placed eight barns around me in a circle and ONE ON TOP, ANNND BELOW ME, I wouldn't be able to hit either one of these barns...

So what if your head is starting to look like a target all of a sudden...

Also, I'd REALLY like it to be as simple as pent up anger. But I can't agree unless I have a real lead on where to place the origin on that anger. I haven't had a fit of rage ever. The yelling and screaming and kicking you mentioned just sounds like a Tantrum spiral. I haven't had a tantrum since I was five. I haven't yelled at someone in any amount of REAL anger since I was thirteen.

I can't say I have anything to resent, as I'm not a resentful person. I can't hold grudges. So it can't be coming from that particular angle. Its all very well and simple to call me an angry person, but I'm just an all around understandably well mannered and level headed fellow, thank you very much, and I am not prone to unexplainable bouts of extreme rage.

Extreme disdain? SURE.

Running around screaming at the top of your lungs, wearing a gas mask and swinging around a Crowbar? Talk to Sofia about THAT kind of anger! *Shudder*

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2009, 11:44:15 am »

I have something of a theory. Do you think that your angry because you're level-headed and well-mannered? Society kind of pushes people to be things they aren't and that leads people to being very resentful of the world around them.

Not to sound snobby or overly-philosophical, but do you think the aloofness and passive aggressive nature of our society manages to piss off your "inner" you?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6