Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: That is not dwarvern atom smasher...  (Read 17341 times)

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
Re: That is not dwarvern atom smasher...
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2009, 03:59:40 am »

I'm already right here you know, you're not the first to think of this idea...

Oh. I thought this world was being run on a gigantic dwarfputer from your end? Toady One being your avatar in this world?
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2009, 06:53:17 am »

I *WAS*, until someone came up with the same bright idea this thread is for talking abut...
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2009, 07:34:53 am »

Your silly fault for giving us access to bridges with infinite momentum.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2009, 01:31:25 pm »

*Hums*
Stray Dragon (Tame) has been crushed by a drawbridge
The SoF has been crushed by a Mega Drawbridge
The Dwarf (Male) has been crushed by a drawbridge
The Dwarf (Female) has been crushed by a drawbridge

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2009, 10:27:25 pm »

The only way to test that theory is to Atom-Smash Planepacked and see what happens.

A link, for those who have not gazed upon is immense visage.
Gives me an idea to start a thread of rendering this mothercarper. Basically, everyone render parts of the statue with their interpretation, find out how it all would be placed/illustrated onto it, and well, illustrate this beauty.

Pardon the derail for a moment, but I imagine in all it's glory, it would look like Trajan's Column. Yes, even we made Planepacked here. It's this dimension/reality's equivalent.

Pictures for reference:
Spoiler: Full column (Hi-Res) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bottom portion (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Really up close (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Base (click to show/hide)

Back to topic...

I want my airship!!! But how can we atom smash that monster? It's the size of Armok's fist. :-\

EDIT:
...Wait. A. Second.

IT IS PLANEPACKED!!!!! IT'S THE REAL THING!!!!!

Proof, the statue part of it is on the top of the "column". We already did it some time ago. The "Dwarven Age" was considered, and it was sent back in time. It was said to have been completed in 113 AD. When was Planepacked finished? Or more importantly, when did we send it?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 10:44:26 pm by Itnetlolor »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2009, 10:40:01 pm »

*Gasp*

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2009, 08:52:25 am »

Holy wow.

Actually, since Planepacked is the cornerstone of creation, and stands where the universe folds, I assume there's an incarnation of Planepacked in all unverses. Atom smashing one would destroy EVERYTHING.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2009, 11:36:22 am »

On the item is a depiction of Trajan and Dacians.  The Dacians are making a plaintive gesture.  The artwork refers to the conquest of Dacia by Trajan in 106.  :P
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

budapi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2009, 12:38:15 pm »

You did not yet consider conservation of energy/mass. Obviously, most of what you smash comes right back out of the nefariously hacked smelters of mod users and cheating megaconstructors. The survisuccess rate thus is much lower than to be expected. Also note that some of the impulse of the smasher will be transferred to the object to transport, as can be observed from burning/exploding kittens materializing in smelters.

Anyways, smelting too much matter into existence would cause the reverse effect, namely sucking away stuff from the world you currently reside in (or another unknown one). The gentle auditor now might ask what the atom smasher in this reality might be. Simple. It's my washing machine, smashing my socks into the barracks of my dwarves. Damned loopholes.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2009, 03:46:04 pm »

Yeah, whoever does the transfer always uses socks as payment.
I've had socks vanish in my room that don't reappear even after a mega-deep clean.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2009, 04:06:32 pm »

Yeah, whoever does the transfer always uses socks as payment.
I've had socks vanish in my room that don't reappear even after a mega-deep clean.

The washer and dryer eat them.  Haven't you ever noticed how you never get an even number of socks back?

Machinesquid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2009, 06:32:26 pm »

a treatment of the dwarven atom smasher as a hypercube or other orthotope suggests that anything struck could be shoved "sideways" in any infinite number of incomprehensible dimensions. The logic is sound, but moving any object to a specific extradimensial coordinate would require rigorous calculation of godlike complexity, and an unbelievable extradimensional power source.

Thus, I propose that we petition Armok to aim an atom smasher, using Planepacked as a power source, and send me a pet dragon.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2009, 06:35:37 pm »

Your proposal wins.

Pet dragons for everyone!

Although Armok is the blood god. It'd probably send you an untamed, blooded dragon. Which would be unfortunate. For you.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2009, 10:12:01 pm »

Aww, but I REALLY want a pet Giant Eagle. :'(
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2009, 10:32:44 am »

So a 6x7 obsidian bridge is the greatest artifact other than planepacked. Why:

Magma in solid form
42 tiles
The ability to send things between realities
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10