Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: That is not dwarvern atom smasher...  (Read 17351 times)

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
Re: That is not dwarvern atom smasher...
« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2009, 03:54:07 pm »

1- Obtain large amounts of Gold, silver, and assorted gems.
2- Calculate so that when atom-smashed, it turns up in front of Toady's house.
3- Give the largest donation ever.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 27, 2009, 05:40:24 pm »

Atom-smash Giant Space Spiders, much higher chance of survival, consider how much space there is...Or you could atom-smash enough quantum-piled rock to create another planet, then we might see where in space the smashing correlates to.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 27, 2009, 06:55:58 pm »

Atom-smash Giant Space Spiders, much higher chance of survival, consider how much space there is...Or you could atom-smash enough quantum-piled rock to create another planet, then we might see where in space the smashing correlates to.

Wut.

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 27, 2009, 09:36:46 pm »

1- Obtain large amounts of Gold, silver, and assorted gems.
2- Calculate so that when atom-smashed, it turns up in front of Toady's house.
3- Give the largest donation ever.

I'd think you'd make more atomsmashing adamantine to your house, selling it to the government/whatever, and donating cash.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2009, 12:31:15 am »

Reminds me that there is a (roguelike?) game out there where you play a grue.

Oh yes.  It is pitch black.  You are likely to eat someone.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2009, 01:47:02 am »

Heh :D

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 28, 2009, 09:50:27 am »

So you're suggesting that the bridge comes down so hard it bashes things off the universe?

If you consider that the dwarven atom smasher has infinite momentum and moves from up to down in a differential moment, it's completely feasible.
wait, doesn't that mean that the dwarven atom smasher is moving at light speed, and yet it takes 4-100 turns to close?

Screw america, go canadians and ninjas.
(Im a USA Resident by the way)
you aren't worthy of this title!!

ok, I'm going to mod a race of hot russian lesbians as pets. When you've done the equations, tell me and I'll start the smashing.
excellent, the equations are done, now all that remains is to put the lesbians into the atom smasher along with the entire planet's worth of rock.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 09:57:42 am by jaked122 »

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 28, 2009, 02:26:52 pm »

Heh :D

I played it just after posting, it's really hard!  After three games my best was 5 meals.  The biggest problem is putting out their light, otherwise you have to stand behind them and wait for them to walk backwards.  If you use your "where are people?" spell too much you don't have the 2 SP to cast Darkness.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 28, 2009, 07:32:01 pm »

So you're suggesting that the bridge comes down so hard it bashes things off the universe?

If you consider that the dwarven atom smasher has infinite momentum and moves from up to down in a differential moment, it's completely feasible.
wait, doesn't that mean that the dwarven atom smasher is moving at light speed, and yet it takes 4-100 turns to close?

It takes 4 to 100 turns to recieve the input from the lever which makes it close, if you look at the actual drawbridge it goes from perfectly vertical to perfectly horizontal in a single turn; the smallest possible measurement of time in DF, ergo it has infinite momentum and is thus moving much faster than the speed of light, an infinite amount faster in fact.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #114 on: August 28, 2009, 07:51:55 pm »

I love how this went from a mere folklore theory into a whole Quantum Physics research thread.

I don't think we'll need the Large Hadron Collider; We've got drawbridges. The birth of existence, the beginning of days, was when God decided to atom-smash an entire universe. That must've been one hell of a bridge.

"It took him six days to build the bridge, and on the seventh day, he flipped the switch."
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 07:54:04 pm by Itnetlolor »

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2009, 08:00:53 pm »

I love how this went from a mere folklore theory into a whole Quantum Physics research thread.

I don't think we'll need the Large Hadron Collider; We've got drawbridges. The birth of existence, the beginning of days, was when God decided to atom-smash an entire universe. That must've been one hell of a bridge.

"It took him six days to build the bridge, and on the seventh day, he flipped the switch."

And then he swore profusely because Metatron had wandered under the bridge while he wasn't looking, desperate to get that =Rope Reed Sock=

Machinesquid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2009, 11:24:18 am »

Nah, French are like elves.
(Pretty language, eat snails, sing a lot, run around naked)

I love my preconceptions of French people.
Hey, French are not like that...
At least, they don't all run around naked

(sorry guys, gotta say it)

Have you never been to a French beach?

It takes 4 to 100 turns to recieve the input from the lever which makes it close, if you look at the actual drawbridge it goes from perfectly vertical to perfectly horizontal in a single turn; the smallest possible measurement of time in DF, ergo it has infinite momentum and is thus moving much faster than the speed of light, an infinite amount faster in fact.

The dwarven space age will happen when someone leaves a captive on a closed atom smasher, inside a terrarium.

jupotter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2009, 02:40:14 pm »

Nah, French are like elves.
(Pretty language, eat snails, sing a lot, run around naked)

I love my preconceptions of French people.
Hey, French are not like that...
At least, they don't all run around naked

(sorry guys, gotta say it)

Have you never been to a French beach?
I'm French, so I can say that not every french run around naked...

...only most  ;D

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2009, 04:20:50 pm »

i cant beleive this discussion is still going on!  ;D

but anyway, the answer behind the atom smasher is quite simple. the world of dwarf fortress and our world are really two closley interlocked parallel dimmentions locked in a infinite time-loop

heres how it works:

1: Toady invents DF
2: players atom smash elves, goblins, ect.
3: the creatures end up appearing in J R R Tolkeins back yard
4: Tolkein ends up writing the Lord of The Rings
5: LOTR inspires toady
6:Toady invents DF
7: players atom smash elves, golbins, ect.

so on, so forth. without our world, DF wouldnt exist. and DF ends up causing its own existance via elves being poncy bastards. thus we can say that Elves are the secret creators of DF!  :o

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2009, 05:19:58 pm »

Horror of horrors! That is one thing frail apes were never meant to know!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10