Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: RTD Countdown Turn 93: Let's Have an Adventure...  (Read 8743 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Countdown Turn 97: All Wrapped Up...
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2009, 08:13:04 am »

I examine the TV. Switch it to a different channel if there is a way, or turn it off if there isn't.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2009, 08:51:51 am »

I wrap the shirt around my hand and start making the hole in the mirror bigger. If I have a shirt. If not...uh...I take some of the remains from the cabinet and use that to make the hole bigger.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 11:09:05 am by Mad Larks »
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2009, 09:19:33 am »

I overcome my pain and sit up. Due to my wounds, I just try to find any more objects of interest in the room.

P.S. My luck sucks.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2009, 02:11:12 am »

I proceed to trying to help Devath with his wounds.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2009, 03:47:19 pm »

I see if all the paper is gas soaked, and if so, back up slowly, expecting it to burst into flame soon.
You check the paper. Most of it is indeed gas soaked. You back away, but it does not burst into flame.

I break the wall some more! With great justice!
You would, but instead you watch Mad Larks break it instead. A few shards cut you when he breaks the mirror, but you are at least free from the mirror.

I examine the TV. Switch it to a different channel if there is a way, or turn it off if there isn't.
You go over to the TV and start changing channels. There is nothing but static, as it appears the TV is not connected to any antenna or cable. There is however, a DVD player with a DVD inside. You press play.

I wrap the shirt around my hand and start making the hole in the mirror bigger. If I have a shirt. If not...uh...I take some of the remains from the cabinet and use that to make the hole bigger.
You take off your shirt, wrap it around your hand and forearm. You take a second to concentrate and then slam your fist into the mirror. Your fist and forearm are unscathed, miraculously, and you shatter the entire length of mirror.

I overcome my pain and sit up. Due to my wounds, I just try to find any more objects of interest in the room.

P.S. My luck sucks.
You sit up, finding your pain less excruciating than it was. You look around and see nothing of interest.

I proceed to trying to help Devath with his wounds.
You try to help Devath, but you lack anymore shirt with which to do so. You feel cold without your shirt.

Environment:
The wall with the mirror is now gone, with a few shards left. Behind the wall there is a TV, now playing a DVD. There is nothing but a blank screen for now, as it seems to be playing a scene.

To the north, on the inside of the former mirror wall, is a closet door.

To the south, there is a door that appears to be on the floor. Near the door is a screwdriver.

Spoiler: Status: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory: (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 03:49:17 pm by webadict »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Countdown Turn 96: And Somewhere To Go...
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2009, 03:50:58 pm »

Tehehe. Edit. Tehehe.

▼WOOHOO, NUKE!!!!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 07:00:47 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2009, 05:59:09 pm »

I check the area around the DVD player, and report it. If all is well, press the fast forward button and the play button when something appears.

This means that if the DVD seems to have been tampered with, such as the possibility of a bomb in it when a button is pressed, I would announce that the player might be trapped.

With my luck, it's going to be a nuke and we're all going to die.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2009, 07:40:46 pm »

I try to open the closet door to the north.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2009, 09:27:05 pm »

I go and watch the DVD, staying at a moderately safe distance away while doing so.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2009, 02:47:12 am »

I attempt to fix my wounds
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2009, 06:52:55 am »

Walk away from the TV just in case it does explode, take out the pen and check it by writing something on the closest paperlike surface.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2009, 09:08:14 am »

I put my shirt back on and carefully enter through the now bigger hole. Grabbing a mirror shard in the process, for looking around corners and such. Carefully.
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2009, 10:39:01 pm »

I check the area around the DVD player, and report it. If all is well, press the fast forward button and the play button when something appears.

This means that if the DVD seems to have been tampered with, such as the possibility of a bomb in it when a button is pressed, I would announce that the player might be trapped.

With my luck, it's going to be a nuke and we're all going to die.
You check around the DVD player, but your fingers gets jammed in the DVD slot. You pull it out. You forget to check for a bomb.

I try to open the closet door to the north.
You open the closet door. It's empty except for a box on the floor. You take the box. Inside, you find a tool set, containing screwdrivers, wrenches, and many other tools.

I go and watch the DVD, staying at a moderately safe distance away while doing so.
You stay a good distance away from the TV while you watch it.

I attempt to fix my wounds
You try to fix your wounds, but you have no readily available tools with which to do so. You figure it's not too bad as well, and you'll be fine as is.

Walk away from the TV just in case it does explode, take out the pen and check it by writing something on the closest paperlike surface.
You walk away from the TV and take a sheet of construction paper. You try writing with the pen but it doesn't work.

I put my shirt back on and carefully enter through the now bigger hole. Grabbing a mirror shard in the process, for looking around corners and such. Carefully.
You grab a mirror shard carefully, so as not to cut yourself. You look around the new addition to the room. There is nothing in the corners, except for the closet and the floor door.

Environment:
The TV suddenly turns brighter, showing the room that everyone is currently in. It's facing the south wall, without the construction paper. There is a window to the left and a door on the right. In the window, you see someone appear from behind it. Blood suddenly starts streaming from their eyes. They vomit blood and then fall to the floor. All that's left is the blood on the window. The DVD continues playing.

Spoiler: Status: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory: (click to show/hide)

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Countdown Turn 95: There's Something in the Air...
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2009, 11:24:56 pm »

Ruh roh! This does not sound like a very happy RTD.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 11:42:11 pm by blah28722 »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Countdown Turn 95: There's Something in the Air...
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2009, 11:28:38 pm »

Ruh roh! This does not sound like a very happy RTD.
I grab the screwdriver. Then, carefully approach the window and see if I can see anything else of interest.
The window is on the Television screen.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5