Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: RTD Countdown Turn 93: Let's Have an Adventure...  (Read 8763 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
RTD Countdown Turn 93: Let's Have an Adventure...
« on: August 20, 2009, 09:12:02 pm »

Because I somehow miss my old RTD days where I judged the lives of others, I've decided to run yet another one.

Oh, and I suggest you stick to the rules that apply in the universe you live in right now. I would not even try to do otherwise.

I only need 6 of you, and I'm pretty certain you can count. If you can't, don't join. If you try to join, I will be angry at you, because you OBVIOUSLY COULDN'T READ!

I'll roll with a d6, with the results similar to others. Here's an example of trying to open a window.
1-: Critical Failure; "You try to open the window. A splinter stabs your finger. It doesn't bother you for a couple of seconds, until your hand starts to feel numb."
2: Great Failure; "You try to open the window. You lift with all your might until your back hurts."
3: Partial Failure; "You try to open the window. It opens a little, but then the window jams.
4: Partial Success; "You try to open the window. The window shatters while you try to open it."
5: Success; "You try to open the window. You lift it up completely."
6+: Critical Success; "You try to open the window. You open the window carefully, avoiding the trap set in the window."

Let's start with:
You awaken to a beeping noise. Groggily, you look around. The lights are off, and all you can see is a blurry red light in a corner of the room. You try to focus, but you feel a sudden ache in your head. You can't remember being here at all. Wherever here seems to be...

You try to focus on the light. It appears to be an alarm clock. It reads 1:42. AM, you presume. Until you notice that the clock suddenly says 1:41.

It's a timer.

You look around quickly and notice 5 other figures around you. You wake them up from their slumber... Now what do you do?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 08:59:25 am by webadict »

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Countdown Turn 100: A Beginning...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 05:24:40 am »

I'll bite.

I walk over to the red light and examine it.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 06:00:38 am »

Ill join as well.

I'll look for the light switch and turn on the lights.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 08:14:45 am »

I pick up the alarm clock, and use it as a weak flashlight to look around the room.

(Can I do that? Or do I just do single actions?)

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 09:03:33 am »

I try and figure out what there is in the room, the contents, that is.
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 09:58:47 am »

Help Mad Larks in searching the room.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 04:18:36 pm »

Help search around if I can.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 05:19:06 pm »

Damnit, just missed it...I keep checking to see if there's an open one somewhere, and I always check an hour or so too late.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 06:58:20 am »

I got the rolls done! I'd also like you to note that there are, in fact, zero rolls shown. That is because in the real world, we don't know whether something may be good luck or bad luck, and that'll keep you on your toes.

I'll bite.

I walk over to the red light and examine it.
You stand up and walk over to the red light. It resembles an alarm clock with the numbers, which look something like this:
         _
| . |_| | |
| .   | |_|

You figure it's a timer, but you can't figure out for what. Maybe with a little light?

Ill join as well.

I'll look for the light switch and turn on the lights.
You search a section of the wall and can't find any sort of light switch. Maybe with a little light it'd be easier?

I pick up the alarm clock, and use it as a weak flashlight to look around the room.

(Can I do that? Or do I just do single actions?)
You go over to the timer and try to pick it up. It's mounted to the wall, however, and you figure it's best to leave it that way.

You then continue to search near the timer, but find only wall. Maybe if you had a little light?

I try and figure out what there is in the room, the contents, that is.
You try to move, but you seem to be suffering some minor sleep paralysis. You can't move.

Help Mad Larks in searching the room.
Help search around if I can.
You both search the room as thoroughly as you can.

Sean Mirrsen finds a row of cabinets hanging above what feels like a table. He opens one cabinet and inside he finds a pen. He takes the pen and stores it in his pocket. He tries another cabinet and finds nothing inside.

Tehstefan checks the opposite side of the room. He finds what feels like a huge window. He sees a figure on the other side, following him as he searches the window. He makes it to the corner and finds... A light switch! He flicks it on!

Environment:
Several fluorescent lights start up, dim at first and then bright.

On the north wall, there is a heavy metal door, with three bar across it. To the right of that, the timer sits, now at 1:39. To the right of that there rests a fire extinguisher box, unopened.

On the west wall, there sits a huge mirror. It extends all the way down the entire wall, except on the very north part, which rests a light switch.

On the east wall, there are a row of seven cabinets hanging above a wooden counter. Near the south wall, there is a wardrobe-looking thing.

On the south wall, however, the wall is covered in black construction paper, with the word, “Escape!” spelled out in more construction paper.

In the middle of the room, there sits a round wooden table, sitting on top of a rug. On the table is a deck of cards.

Spoiler: Status: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rooms (click to show/hide)

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Countdown Turn 99: A Light in the Darkness...
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 07:03:07 am »

I try to open the fire box next to the alarm.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 07:28:11 am »

I check the cabinets and under the rug.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 07:30:11 am »

The hypercube comes to mind.

Sound the entire length of the mirror, searching for any hollows behind it.
(in case my vocabulary fails me - I mean "walk along it, knocking at it with a hard object such as my fist, listening to changes in sound")
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2009, 08:16:08 am »

Check the deck of cards.
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2009, 01:58:06 pm »

Investigate the papr with escape written on it.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2009, 08:30:48 pm »

Oh, and if someone cares to take Devath's turn for him, that'd be awesome, because I care not for those that take too long to respond.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5