Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: RTD Countdown Turn 93: Let's Have an Adventure...  (Read 8726 times)

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Countdown Turn 99: A Light in the Darkness...
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2009, 08:36:11 pm »

He inspects the door and how to open it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Countdown Turn 99: A Light in the Darkness...
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2009, 09:20:01 pm »

Sweet. Just a little note that if someone hasn't posted within, say... 12 hours of the turn, someone may take their turn for them. If they post afterward, I will accept their post.

I try to open the fire box next to the alarm.
You open the fire box. Inside, you find a fire extinguisher! You take it with you. Suddenly, an explosion sounds near you, and after the initial surge of heat, you use the extinguisher to put out the cabinet and some small fires on blah.

I check the cabinets and under the rug.
You open up some of the unchecked cabinets. The one furthest to the north is stuck closed. As you pull it open, it explodes! Pieces of wood pelt you all over, as well as bits of shrapnel. You fall over in pain, clutching your hand and face.

The hypercube comes to mind.

Sound the entire length of the mirror, searching for any hollows behind it.
(in case my vocabulary fails me - I mean "walk along it, knocking at it with a hard object such as my fist, listening to changes in sound")
You knock on the mirror, and the whole things sounds hollow for sure. You give the mirror a swift kick and it shatters! You disregard the seven years of bad luck. You suddenly hear an explosion and duck down.

Check the deck of cards.
You take out the deck of cards. There doesn't seem to be anything special about them.

Investigate the papr with escape written on it.
You investigate the south wall. It seems to be covered in several black sheets of letter size construction paper, instead of one big paper. “Escape!” is spelled out in white construction paper. You go to look some more when you hear an explosion that distracts you.

For Devath:
He inspects the door and how to open it.
Devath examines the door, but can't seem to figure out a way to open it. An explosion distracts you further.

Environment:
Blah is screaming in pain. He has a few cuts on his hands and face, as well as a small shard of shrapnel lodged in one of his eyes. His hand is slightly singed, as well as his eyebrows and hair have been seared.

The mirror has a hole about 3 feet in diameter. Many cracks emanate out from the hole. The hole reveals a portion of a television monitor, playing static.

The exploded cabinet is now in charred remains of its former self.

Spoiler: Status: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rooms (click to show/hide)

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Countdown Turn 98: Things Turn Dangerous...
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2009, 09:22:30 pm »

I attempt to somehow save blah.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2009, 09:30:47 pm »

Well I certainly can't tell what I rolled.

I try to help save myself.

By the way, if I try to fail at an action, and received a critical failure from that, would it become a good thing?

Exaggerated example:
I try to commit suicide, but I cut just the right vein to unlock my super powers, making me immortal.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2009, 09:34:31 pm »

I think you would actually cut exactly the wrong thing to kill you, and instead leave you totally paralyzed.  But ALIVE.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2009, 09:47:39 pm »

Hmm likely.

I ignore him, as I can't help, and with extreme caution, try and peel off the paper to see if anything is underneath, using extreme caution!
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2009, 09:52:03 pm »

Well I certainly can't tell what I rolled.

By the way, if I try to fail at an action, and received a critical failure from that, would it become a good thing?

Exaggerated example:
I try to commit suicide, but I cut just the right vein to unlock my super powers, making me immortal.
I wouldn't attempt suicide. Doing odd things to create a negative thing is not how it works. Simply put: If you do a bad thing and you roll a bad roll, you'll have a really bad time.

Because that is how the world works. Bad things don't USUALLY cancel out into a good thing.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2009, 03:59:23 am »

Well, you could try to hang yourself and fail, ripping out a portion of the ceiling and revealing a cache of valuables hidden there by an ex-mobster that lives above you. But yes, doing bad things badly doesn't always lead to good things.
--------------------------------
Ignore the explosion and its effects for the moment, carefully climb through the hole in the mirror.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2009, 02:17:32 pm »

I attempt to learn how to throw the cards with deadly force! Without using the others for practice!

(Yes, yes, I know, not possible, but this is an RTD. Reality has no place in these sort of thing.)
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2009, 04:05:05 pm »

I attempt to learn how to throw the cards with deadly force! Without using the others for practice!

(Yes, yes, I know, not possible, but this is an RTD. Reality has no place in these sort of thing.)
If you didn't want to play by the rules, you shouldn't've joined... But feel free to waste your turn.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2009, 08:21:47 pm »

I break down more of the mirror-wall
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2009, 07:26:58 am »

If you didn't want to play by the rules, you shouldn't've joined... But feel free to waste your turn.

I suppose this is what happens when you let yourself post when you're sick and not exactly in the most...coherent...state of mind. Also, screw throat infections.

Anyway...I follow Sean.
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2009, 12:38:01 am »

You're lucky Mad Larks. You avoided some bad stuff.

I attempt to somehow save blah.
Blah attempts to help himself. He removes the shard of shrapnel from his eye, causing severe pain and bleeding.

Katsuun takes off his shirt, ripping off a piece to cover the new wound. He rips up a few more pieces for blah's hand.

I ignore him, as I can't help, and with extreme caution, try and peel off the paper to see if anything is underneath, using extreme caution!
You pull off the paper carefully. You notice an odd smell. It smells like gasoline has been soaked into parts of the construction paper. You keep some for later.

You manage to pull off some and find the frame of a door. It's still covered mostly with paper.

Ignore the explosion and its effects for the moment, carefully climb through the hole in the mirror.
You climb through. You cut your leg a bit, but nothing too bad.

The inside is fairly cramped. The TV monitor leans against the wall, which is only about two feet from the mirror. It is playing static.

Anyway...I follow Sean.
You try to follow Sean but can't make it through the hole because Sean can't seem to move all that much. Maybe with more space, you could.

I break down more of the mirror-wall
You send your foot through the mirror wall. It's cut on the way, and now your foot is stuck in the wall. You struggle to remove it, but it gets cut some more.

Environment:
Blah seems to settle down for a bit, but he's still a bit uneasy after the explosion.

Spoiler: Status: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rooms (click to show/hide)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Countdown Turn 97: All Wrapped Up...
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2009, 12:50:42 am »

I see if all the paper is gas soaked, and if so, back up slowly, expecting it to burst into flame soon.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Countdown Turn 97: All Wrapped Up...
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2009, 07:24:26 am »

I break the wall some more! With great justice!
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5