Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 4oD11 tamed feature creature shows up as hostile even if they have not attacked.  (Read 840 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In my current fortress, I have a cave croc which I tamed and shows up as hostile. I know it did not attack because I basically herded it and a few snakemen and an olmman into the traps. The fact that I was able to herd them was surprising as I thought they would attack on sight. I think the olmman did make a threatening move, but backed off. I also tamed the giant toad which was in there and that one is fine. The giant toad actually did try to attack, but the dwarves outran it.

I don't think there is a female of either species on the map as I haven't gotten any ____ has given birth and I know there is an UG river somewhere, but both creatures live for decades, so I can wait for the elves to bring one. I just need to build an elf drowning chamber to make them stop bringing nothing but cloth....

Edit: Also, is there a way to make the hostile tag go away? Other than DC anyways.

Edit2: I know this bug has been reported before, I'm just reporting it again.

Edit: Okay, this is wierd, now my giant toad shows up as hostile, it wasn't a season or so ago.....

Edit: Okayy, I think something was broken with my save as I tried to look at something using visual fortress and it kept coming up blank, then somehow I had started up a second copy of the game. I did use the dwarf therapist thing but that shouldn't have done anything. Going to go use Ultrasite frinder to find a new site, hehh.....
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 07:02:33 pm by smjjames »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

It's already in the bug list but I guess you knew that?  Thanks for the confirmation, although this one is already very widely attested.

# 001082 □ [dwarf mode][pets]   (Report) tamed feature creatures can become hostile even without having previously attacked dwarves

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yea, I had already checked the bug list and just decided to report it so that at least it's recorded.

It was really wierd that the giant toad was marked hostile because it was a normal tame a season before and in fact, the giant toad was tamed BEFORE the cave croc.

Whatever happened, it did something with visual fortress which made it not actually load anything (this started happening shortly before the crash and continued with new worldgens). A reinstall of it fixed the problem though.

I did use dwarf therapist, but I didn't actually save any changes (I cleared the accidential changes I made), so I have no idea whether that had a role.