Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d11] unreferenced items?  (Read 753 times)

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
[40d11] unreferenced items?
« on: August 20, 2009, 03:30:14 pm »

i got a fortress that has a serious problem: not that they were nearly all killed either by goblins or other dwarves, i now abandoned + reclaimed, but some items seem to have fallen out of the dwarves mind. i got some mined out microcline in a room i'd like to use, and clean up before use, but the dwarves ignore them. when i try to build a floor under them: "Item blocking site."
when i forbid all my other microcline and try to build a floor, no other microcline is found. there are not marked for dumping, neither forbidden. i dunno what to do. so far for the bug report, and now, to avoid a single question thread:
is there maybe an item related utility for DF that could probably remove those stones? would be nasty to dig through those tiles they occupy, since i might need the space underneath.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: [40d11] unreferenced items?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 04:38:50 pm »

This is a longstanding and widely reported bug on reclaimed fortresses.  Here's the most recent thread about it, in which a few workarounds are discussed.

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 04:56:06 pm »

ooops  ::)
well, thank you.

Great Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes metal for its screaming guitars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 05:18:17 pm »

Most references to this bug hypothesize that the problem is with items that were scheduled for a job. I'm running into this same bug and I can say with much certainty that it's also other items.

I am 100% sure that no dwarf had a burial lined up when I abandoned. After reclaim, there are quite a number of dwarven corpses around that (after unforbidding) are completely ignored by the new inhabitants, and that don't rot away into bones.

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 03:25:22 pm »

those lying around corpses happened to me, too... pretty strange stuff. maybe it probably gets fixed in the next release, but for sure not on purpose :D