Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pokemon General Thread: Platinum + Gold/Silver remake news!  (Read 2377 times)

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon General Thread: Platinum + Gold/Silver remake news!
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 05:00:59 pm »

Yeah, Dugtrio always ended up in my team.
After my first play-through I always kept my team at the same level, which meant a bit more grinding before gymleaders, but always being able to take them on at much lower levels.  This strategy made for a funner, more rewarding game... Until the Elite Four hand you your ass on a silver platter.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 05:17:19 pm »

Psh, I stuck with my starter all the way through.  The rival is always rough when you play like this, but you make chumps out of the elite four.  Even when they're the opposite element, you can just bludgeon them with sheer level-disparity.

Also, on the subject of useless Pokemon, Golbat.  I had a level 100 golbat I got when swimming around in Missingno's area, and it was completely useless.
Shoes...

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2009, 05:18:14 pm »

No pokemon is useless with Toxin. Most annoying attack EVER!
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2009, 06:17:50 pm »

I like to stick with my starter to, usually the water types cuz for some reason they tend to have great defense and attack. At least for me they did, the rival wasnt much issue either. By the time i reach the elite four i usually do have and extra pokemon or two (often the legendaries) to use along with my starter thats decent.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2009, 06:27:54 pm »

I am starting to think I am the only one here who knows Ditto has the "Transform" attack.

GENERATION 1 PEOPLE!!!
I know it has transform, but doesn't the idea of it pumping out babies/being able to sex most other pokemon bother you?

It's like when the creator of Ranma 1/2 was asked what would happen if Ranma got pregnant in female form and happened to switch back into a male. She was mortified at the thought.

Current team involves Ninjask or Mamoswine opener.

I haven't met many who can start out against mamo well, except some of those floating steels.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2009, 06:41:40 pm »

People are so unaware of the repercussions of abilities, its almost funny. In one episode of the show, ditto is shown transforming into a variety of objects, such as a cannon. So a ditto can transform into ANYTHING at all. How's that for fun.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2009, 07:31:07 pm »

Love the game, still play occasionally for nostalgia's sake. Will definitely be buying the Silver remake.

My current team is made up of:

Charizard
Raichu
Tyranitar
Steelix
Scyther
Primeape
All level 100.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2009, 11:30:27 pm »

Crobat is a complete beast!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2009, 12:26:29 am »

I know it has transform, but doesn't the idea of it pumping out babies/being able to sex most other pokemon bother you?

Before they allowed pokemon to breed with pokemon not of their species the Ditto was exempt

Quite simply, no I don't have a problem with it because Ditto simply transforms itself into a pokemon and breeds that way. Pokemon don't even seem to get pregnant they just seem to spawn eggs (In fact they likely don't even have Sex they probably just Spawn babies)

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2009, 12:47:04 am »

Love the game, still play occasionally for nostalgia's sake. Will definitely be buying the Silver remake.

My current team is made up of:

Charizard
Raichu
Tyranitar
Steelix
Scyther
Primeape
All level 100.

Tyranitar is a monster, in the good ol' days I used a level 55ish one to kill Ash easy-style.

*Rock slide, Rock slide, Rock slide.....*

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2009, 12:48:53 am »

Or in the days of R/B. Psychic, Psychic, Psychic.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2009, 01:40:48 am »

Before they allowed pokemon to breed with pokemon not of their species the Ditto was exempt

Pokémon of different species have always been able to breed ever since breeding was added to the game. (Gold/Silver)  Breeding with a ditto is not useful if you want your pokémon to inherit new moves from another species, though.  But good enough if you just want babies.

I loved the Missingo trick.  It took me a while to find out how it worked, but once I figured it out it just spewed lvl 5 porygons and mewtwo's at me, or almost any other pokémon. :3  (Not all though)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 01:52:58 am by Rhodan »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2009, 02:05:47 am »

I got gipped. All I got were level 160 som rhydons. Great for making more TM's though. That is the biggest problem I have, that and the hours of tedious grinding to raise the pokemon for competition.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2009, 02:51:43 am »

It all depends on the name of your player and rival.  I just played through the game with a silly name to get the pokémon I wanted and traded them to my main game.
Pages: 1 [2]