Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pokemon General Thread: Platinum + Gold/Silver remake news!  (Read 2385 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Pokemon General Thread: Platinum + Gold/Silver remake news!
« on: August 20, 2009, 12:54:34 am »

TRADAN
BREEDAN
MINI GAEMAN
BATTLAN
BITCHAN

POKEMON GENERAL DISCUSSION!

I don't think I need to introduce pokemon, but lately my gf and friends have tugged me down the path of nostalgia and I've been playing pokemon platinum a lot.

My first experience was with Blue version about 10  :o years ago now.

So if anyone wants to play, add me. Ask any questions here, or just talk about how we used to go to friend's houses after school and use the freaking wire to hook up our brick gameboys. I'm up for anything, and I promise I won't indulge in too much smogon asshattery if we battle.  ::)

Friend Code: 3395 1936 0271

I'm pumped for HeartGold/SoulSilver. I put 200+ hours into my Gold cartridge and still have it :D It has my original pokemon from blue version transferred to it. SERIOUS NOSTALGIA.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon General Thread: Platinum + Gold/Silver remake news!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 12:56:39 am »

Zaaaaaaaaaaannnnngoooooooooossssse...

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 01:01:00 am »

Speaking of favourites, my mamoswine and lucario have saved my ass in the last few battles I played online.

SUCK PRIORITY MOVES YOU GODDAMN DRAGONDANCING LANCE WANNABES

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 01:10:27 am »

I don't see the hate for it. It's a decent tactical game, with many different viable strategies, with almost every pokemon having some use. I admit that I am not a big fan of the grinding needed to get a decent level in the games, and the new IV and other odd things piss me off when you can't easily control them and they really matter, but its a decent system.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 03:08:41 am »

Pokemon gold, I had a shiny Sudowoodo. Ok just to clarify the chance of that there is A single sudowoodo per game. The chance of getting a shiny is: "the chance of obtaining one in Generation II is approximately 1/8192". Then my **** of a mother lent my game to someone who saved over it!!!
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 03:28:24 am »

Oh, yeah.

I like Charizard.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 04:04:53 am »

I admit that I am not a big fan of the grinding needed to get a decent level in the games, and the new IV and other odd things piss me off when you can't easily control them and they really matter, but its a decent system.

The IV aren't new though, EV and IV have been there since the first games.  But with breeding, Hidden Power, pokérus and various hint-giving NPCs they've become a lot easier to manage/discover and thus more important.  I like how they have these hidden extra layers for more advanced players.

I can wait to get my hands on Heart Gold.  I loved Gold most of all pokémon games.  Traded my Venusaur over from blue and it's first child was shiny!

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 05:21:53 am »

Too bad stealth rock hits charizard so hard.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 05:56:01 am »

I think Kael should look up Ditto's only attack again. I think he/she/it forgot.

I realise Gold and Silver is the best of the series but I am skeptical. The Red and Blue remake was great and added many pokemon that were never in that game, however I don't know if they are going to treat Gold and Silver the same way.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 07:46:45 am »

At first glance the remakes seem very promising.
It will have both Kanto and Jotho regions, and any pokémon will be able to follow you around.  This alone is pure awesomeness.  There's also plenty of legendaries and all that jazz.
Berries can now be grown inside your backpack, which is awesome.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 07:50:40 am »

One thing I've always wondered, are Pokemon covered by the Geneva Convention. They were captured in battle after all.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 08:54:24 am »

One thing I've always wondered, are Pokemon covered by the Geneva Convention. They were captured in battle after all.

Geneva? Well...

Yes, I think so, after all, many pokemons are intelligent enough to be sentient...

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 09:47:56 am »

Too bad stealth rock hits charizard so hard.

Well ditto is made of goo and

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 03:21:10 pm »

I am starting to think I am the only one here who knows Ditto has the "Transform" attack.

GENERATION 1 PEOPLE!!!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 03:56:04 pm »

Dugtrio. Favorite pokemon ever. I played a guy with 6 mews back in the days of R/B. Four of em dropped with fissure. Guy was pissed.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: [1] 2